Smash Thread

• Thread starter Ordacleaphobia
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

KnightBrolaire

SSO's unofficial pickup tester
Reaction score
Incineroar’s bounce off the rope is the most amazing attack ever. It’s like the world’s longest command grab. And that belly flop.
the chains you can set off of that clothesline attack are soooo goood. Even as a launcher it's great.

Mathemagician

Reaction score
I’m way too bad at smash to do work off that attack. But just spamming it is enough to ignite my cousins (early 20’s) as I add fuel with “Old man is beating the young scrubs from the top rope” comments.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

wankerness

Reaction score
Yeah. This game is, for me, the party game I play with other people who don't necessarily know anything and we just laugh at what we're doing to each other. None of us can play at a high level with how much chaos is on the screen in 4 player. I think you'd have to be Neo from the Matrix to be able to react to what's going on in a 4 player battle with any form of precision.

So, we often just sort of beat on each other, occasionally one person will chase another to a far corner of the map and things get more complex for a bit until some guy just keeps spamming PK FIRE!!!! or Snake's missiles or whatever from the other side of the map over and over and interrupting it, and then it goes back into chaos of just mashing attacks and smashes. It rules. It would be cool to play at a higher level, but my brain can't work that fast in a 4 player game. Haha. 2 player I can take a bit of this sort of thing into account, but I never, ever play 2 player except against computers, and that's rare.

Mathemagician

Reaction score
I’ve def taken to playing two player on flat stages with no items for practice mostly of movement. But yeah this game is all about dat 4 way gang bang smash off the top rope. #fellowkids

wankerness

Reaction score
I’ve def taken to playing two player on flat stages with no items for practice mostly of movement. But yeah this game is all about dat 4 way gang bang smash off the top rope. #fellowkids

Yeah, I almost always have items turned off. It's hard enough to tell wtf is going on in a 4 player game without that on top of it. Sometimes we just leave on the ultimate-smash object cause that can be fun to chase around. The way assist trophies work REALLY adds to the confusion when there's another player-sized character that's labelled your character name running around for a while. I'm so bad that sometimes I'll start watching that and try to control it and end up jumping my actual character off a cliff.

Mathemagician

Reaction score
I have done all those things. And nothing is funnier the first time then aggravating every time after than winning just because you opened the most items that did the work. Then losing contstantly to that same tactic. Lol.

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score
Plantgang represent.
Blue plant is the best plant.
Down air is love. Forward tilt is life.

That spike ball is incredible too. One of the best projectiles in the game imo; plant's edgeguard potential is unreal. I'm really loving it so far.

Mathemagician

Reaction score
I watched a YouTube clip today and went “fuck the nerds are gonna love this”. Looks to cover a lot of space. And that smoke cloud completely hides you.

wankerness

Reaction score
They supposedly only really nerfed K Rool; did anyone play as him enough to notice a difference?

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score
They supposedly only really nerfed K Rool; did anyone play as him enough to notice a difference?

First thing I did was check his down throw lol. It was busted.
The amount of time people stay buried is much more manageable now, it's not as much of a nasty true combo as it was pre-patch.

Same with the Inkling roller. It doesn't bury you long enough at lower percentages anymore for people to get those disgusting kill confirms.