Straight Edge

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

petereanima

Br00tal Bubbly Mofo
Reaction score
no offend guys, i really agree with most points...but bitching about how lame straight edge is, is already one step below straight edge itself.

besides that: the 1980s called, they want their hot topics back. :D

ZeroSignal

Meal Team Six
Contributor
Reaction score
In that case, I've been a money straight edge for ages.

Sooo... You're not going to have sex with money unless you're able to have a committed relationship with said currency?

... I see... :spock:

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
"I love you money, I always have"

*commences fapping with a fist full of bills*

soliloquy

Reaction score
i'm not sure if i am a straight edged guy. but i will say i have been clean for the last 10 or 12 years. i have had a few sips of alcohol every now and then but i dont think that counts...does it?

but yeah, i agree with the author of this thread. its quite aggravating when drunkards or pot heads think you're not cool for saying no to their hobby. a friend of mine, who had been straight edge since birth recently tried alcohol and pot and bunch of other stuff, and quite literally, a friend i've had for about 8 years, i'm afraid of losing in 5 months. drugs have taken over his life and he is trying to force it on me. there have been several times when he had offered me a drink and said that its rude and very insulting for me to turn down his drink. i always return with saying that its rude of him to push stuff on me against my wish, and its disrespectful to me if he wont listen to what i have to say.

i'm straight edge coz i never really saw the need of substance abuse. at the same time, i never really felt the need of trying to push all my problems with alcohol. at the same time, i rather be in control of my thoughts and actions at all times. that way, i wont regret waking up and having done the most stupidest thing in my life. also, i value myself and my body, and life, and i really have no need to end it prematurely. whether by over dose, or by some accident or whatever. plus, what exactly is so fun about being numb and not knowing what you have or havent done? whats so cool about barfing or pissing on yourself? whats so cool about getting hitched for a one night stand when you wont even remember it? whats so cool about losing control?

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
to each his/her own, my friend. even if people give you shit for it, it's your decision to make, not theirs. hell, i smoke herb like it's my job, but i also realize that it's not for everyone. likewise, your choice may not be for everyone. but if anyone has anything to say about how you live your life, unless they're responsible for some vital aspect of your existence, then what they have to say doesn't really mean shit. tell em to blow it out their ass.

soliloquy

Reaction score
and by 'a sip every now and then' i mean quite literally 3 or 4 sips over the last 6 years or so. :)

Origins

Not banned
Reaction score
Hello guys,
sorry I didn´t read all the answers ´cause my eyes are painful right now (and I´m a bit lazy too..), so I apologize if I say anything that have already been said.
I think Straight Edge can be a good thing, the only problem being that it has a name. For example, someone who doesn´t eat meat because of personal opinion, that´s his choice, and we have to respect it. But then calling it "being a vegetarian" makes it loosing all it sens. Now it became some kind of fashion thing to be a vegetarian as well. It can be useful to say "I´m vegetarian" if in some situation you end up with meat in your plate because people didn´t know. But when it´s about to say things just like "I´m Christian, you should too, it´s great" or "I´m Muslim, you are not so you suck". This is just one way to divide people. You can have your own opinion and you habbits without to call it a name. Personally I stopped drinking alcohol two years ago to get healthier, I smoked once in my life, I never used other drugs and I try to not eat meat from animals which didn´t have a good life hanging out in fields. It doesn´t make me being any particular guy from any particular way of life movement. This is just me and that´s it, nobody cares.
By imposing you some rules, you will be more able to break them than if you just don´t try to be anything you are not.
The important thing is to be reasonable in any choice we make.
People tends to speak more than what they actually know, it´s exactly the same thing. You don´t have to put in words your opinion about how to behave for it to be real.

Harry

Doom man of Doom.
Contributor
Reaction score
to each his/her own, my friend. even if people give you shit for it, it's your decision to make, not theirs. hell, i smoke herb like it's my job, but i also realize that it's not for everyone. likewise, your choice may not be for everyone. but if anyone has anything to say about how you live your life, unless they're responsible for some vital aspect of your existence, then what they have to say doesn't really mean shit. tell em to blow it out their ass.

Just outta interest, when you say you smoke it like your job, how often do you mean exactly

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
^ hahahahaha

Just outta interest, when you say you smoke it like your job, how often do you mean exactly

daily. i've actually found it to be useful for a number of things besides recreational use although i use it for that primarily. :lol: