T.V. shows you've been watching

• Thread starter pushpull7
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
Is Altered Carbon s2 any good? I guess it’s stand alone?

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
My wife just finished it the other night and loved it. She said it's not as good as the first season, but she still liked it. She's also married to me, so take that for what it's worth.

Thanks. I'm in a show-hole now that we finished Community.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
I watched the Waco mini series on Netflix. Certainly more interesting than the meth mouths in Wynnewood.

natedog_approved

Meatsack
Reaction score
It did go downhill after Michael left though. All the characters no longer resembled their original character and they all became "rock stars". Hard to explain

I dunno man, I would say I disagree. Yes, I definitely missed Michael Scott as a character, but I still loved the show.

natedog_approved

Meatsack
Reaction score
Is Altered Carbon s2 any good? I guess it’s stand alone?
Definitely not stand alone. There's a lot of reference to previous events. That said, I didnt think it was as good. Didnt bother finishing it.
The plot felt spoon fed. One second its "oh man, who dunnit?!", queue next scene, "Oh. That's who dunnit".

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Reaction score
Homecoming Season 2: Def has that Hitchcockian mystery thing going pretty well for it. Recommended.

Penny Dreadful-City of Angels: S1 Ep1, 29 minutes in....

iu

MickD7

Reaction score
Finished up Ozark season 3 last night, holy shit what a ride that was. It was a slow burn at times but so worth it.

Ben's entire arch was one of the best, most tragic things I've seen in TV in I don't even know how long.

That entire monologue he has in the taxi, the way it's filmed and put together is by far one of the best moments I have seen in a show in a long time. I think I went back and watched that scene at least three times before carrying on with the rest of the episode. That guy absolutely slayed that role, his downward spiral from manic episode to depressive episode was just gut punching.

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
Started rewatching The Simpsons again right from the very beginning. It's a fascinating retrospect seeing the show evolve from it's humble beginnings to what we know as the cultural zeitgeist juggernaut it is today... or perhaps was, until it became the hollow shell that refuses to die (for me personally, The Movie was the straw that broke the camel's back).

Being absurdly busy with other things, turns out for whatever odd reason, Simpsons just happens to be the only show I want to watch lately.

Up to season 4 right now, and from 3 onwards is where the show was comfortable with itself. Season 1 is an interesting retrospect since the great bits feel out of place, and the bad bits were straight bad. Season 2 was getting there, despite a few stinkers (Bart Vs Thanksgiving, War Of The Simpsons) but with episodes like Bart Gets An F (which is a pretty great character study), the first Treehouse Of Horror, Bart The Daredevil (the immortal cliff fall), and the aptly titled Brush With Greatness were shining moments that The Simpsons were on their way to becoming something huge.

Also interesting how it took a long time for Matt Groening and co to develop Marge Simpson as a character. A far cry from "Watch out for the Shaq Attack!" in her humble beginnings, she's mostly the grounding foil to the absurdity of Homer and the kids. Life On The Fast Lane was an attempt of trying but wasn't much and quickly gets resolved. Even the episodes where she should be the focus gets shafted like Homer Alone (which isn't even named after her). Obviously it gets better with some fun moments in A Street Car Named Marge and the immortal Marge Vs The Monorail (though that gets overshadowed by the endless awesome gags).