The Digitech GSP1101 thread.

op1e

Spirit Taker
Reaction score
The Redline impulses are quite a bit different than the Recabinet models from a stylistic perspective.

The Redlines come from a perspective of power amp transparency, whereas the Recabinet models try to capture the power amp component and so are captured via a Randall power amp section at extremely high volume levels.

The Recabinet power amp contribution is very noticeable by comparison...honestly, I really didn't like the GSP high-gain sounds prior to getting impulse support and being able to add in that critical (IMO) power amp distortion.

I'll try those next. I never really needed em till i had to lay down demo tracks for other band members to learn songs we'd written. Wasn't bad, but I have a lot to learn yet about mixing down in Audition.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

El Caco

Djavli te ponesli
Contributor
Reaction score
I haven't checked the mustbebeta forum for ages, hopefully there's still lots of guys putting the beta through it's paces and reporting any issues.

tatkovladko

Reaction score
Apart from the famous Stan Ripley, there is only a handful of people on the mustbebeta.com forum who are driving the entire process in terms of requesting features, scrutinizing current issues and pointing out new bugs. So what you get is basically the baby of very very few users. The results seem very good though.

Zugster

the green machine
Reaction score
Apart from the famous Stan Ripley, there is only a handful of people on the mustbebeta.com forum who are driving the entire process in terms of requesting features, scrutinizing current issues and pointing out new bugs. So what you get is basically the baby of very very few users. The results seem very good though.

Personally I don't have the time to load and test over a dozen releases, so I accept this gratefully. The one thing I wish it had - but won't - is a longer duration looper. I'm waiting for Stan to finalize the features, quash the bugs and release the final stable version. We're close to there.

Kairos

Quintessentially So
Reaction score
Personally I don't have the time to load and test over a dozen releases, so I accept this gratefully. The one thing I wish it had - but won't - is a longer duration looper. I'm waiting for Stan to finalize the features, quash the bugs and release the final stable version. We're close to there.

:agreed:
There's a looper!?!

I Agree with everything you just said, definitely wanting a final stable version.

Zugster

the green machine
Reaction score
:agreed:
There's a looper!?!

I Agree with everything you just said, definitely wanting a final stable version.

According to what I've read in the forums, you can use the delay to be a crude 4 - 5 second looper. Woo hoo.

El Caco

Djavli te ponesli
Contributor
Reaction score
The delay as a looper thing really doesn't work out. If you want a looper buy one.

vlover

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to get that Roland JC120 "Chorus" sound on the GSP1101, I can't seem to get that sound? I tried to emulate it based on hearing it from a Roland I played at the GC.

scottro202

I'm walkin' here!!!
Reaction score
So, I'm essentially looking for a poor man's Axe-FX. Is this it?

I plan on using it with a tube power amp and a cab. Will this make it pretty "amp-like"?

Kairos

Quintessentially So
Reaction score

I plan on using it with a tube power amp and a cab. Will this make it pretty "amp-like"?

Yup! At least I think so, and I'm sure many others would agree with me. I'd say check out the POD HD though before you buy an 1101. I haven't had an opportunity to play the POD, but it's in the same price range, and both are multi-fx units.

AustinxAtomic

Reaction score
I'm wanting to get back into rack gear, I'm interested in the 1101, just a few questions.
How does this compare to the digidesign eleven rack?
What is a good power amp for this?
Is it capable of BTBAM like tones?
And what's a good footswitch, I know it's all MIDI, so how do you set it up?

Zugster

the green machine
Reaction score

I run 1101 > Carvin TS100 (tube power amp) > 2x12 cab. I am pretty happy with it. :agreed:

AustinxAtomic

Reaction score
I'm wanting to get back into rack gear, I'm interested in the 1101, just a few questions.

Can anyone help? :(

kurviak

Reaction score

1.- Cant help here, I never heard the eleven in person.
2.- Rocktron Velocity, Carvin TS100, Teach 21 power block, etc. Or in combination with a guitar amp (I use mine with my Dual Rectifier in a 4C setup)
3.- Yes it is, but the GSP is somehow spongy in nature.
4.- The best you can get for it is the Control 2, but I use it with a Behringer FCB1010

scottro202

I'm walkin' here!!!
Reaction score
So, I tried the GSP1101 today. I liked the sounds, but it didn't "feel" very amplike direct into headphones. Will using a tube power amp + cab make it feel a bit more like a real tube amp?

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
So, I tried the GSP1101 today. I liked the sounds, but it didn't "feel" very amplike direct into headphones. Will using a tube power amp + cab make it feel a bit more like a real tube amp?

You need to tweak a lot - the stock patches sound like the L6 POD 2.0 aka ass.

I just found a set of impulses that just sounds monstrous with the JCM900 models. Very Doug Aldrichy :yum:

op1e

Spirit Taker
Reaction score
Do tell! Are they free? I still cant break away from that e530 patch. Tried the JCM800 for a bit and sounded great at home, low volume. But loud through my cab at practice it was very harsh for some reason. Still haven't dialed in what I want out of the Recto models. Sumn kinda "high endy" in them I don't like at practice volume.