The Digitech GSP1101 thread.

Bevo

Reaction score
You could try rolling off your guitar volume. Did it also sound this way with the headphones on and the same guitar?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

splinter8451

Reaction score
Yeah with headphones on it has the same sound, but through an amp it was totally different. I'm guessing the impulses we were using just didn't like the settings I had with that pickup.

Jerich

Contributor
Reaction score
great forum stuff here guys!! i need to up load some of my patch's rikk beatty from digitech helped me out a lot... he's the best!!!

splinter8451

Reaction score
Upload them patches man!

I saw Rikk in a Digitech clinic last year and he had some killer tones from the RP1000 :agreed:

AustinxAtomic

Reaction score
I'm definitely picking up a gsp1101 here pretty soon.
just got a question: what are impulses?
I keep seeing you can "load your own impulses" into the gsp1101, can anyone explain that to me?

I love the tone this guy has at around 0:20.
he's using "impulses", I don't get it..

Kairos

Quintessentially So
Reaction score
just got a question: what are impulses?
I keep seeing you can "load your own impulses" into the gsp1101, can anyone explain that to me?

There's a good sticky on what they are, I'll link it later when I find it.

Here are some impulses to download:

You have to register for these
Guitar Amp Modeling • View topic - [LAST UPDATE] Official Sperimental Impulses Pack

Index of /impulses

Once you have the .wav files on your computer download the cab loader from mustbebeta:

Beta versions for DigiTech

When it opens search for the impulses and upload them into the GSP1101

Or if you have raw guitar signals you can download something like this and use it in your DAW:

LePou Plugins

Download "Canadian Metal Release" on the right side bar.

Any other questions just ask :yesway:

AustinxAtomic

Reaction score
can you explain a bit?
What's the point of different cab models?
And what are mic models used for?

Sorry, I'm a bit new on things like this, but wanting to learn.

Kairos

Quintessentially So
Reaction score
can you explain a bit?
What's the point of different cab models?
And what are mic models used for?

Sorry, I'm a bit new on things like this, but wanting to learn.

The point of different cab models is that you cabn have different tones. Wouldn't you like be able to potentially record with any cab you want; vht, orange, mesa, etc. Impulses allow you to do that, quietly and inexpensively :yesway:

Different mic models are just that. The person recording the impulse needs to record the sound (obviously) and the mic they choose affects the sound; e.g. SM57

Zugster

the green machine
Reaction score
Can someone recommend some hiqh quality powered monitors? Not just for recording, but for playing at home with the 1101 and implulses. What brands and models do you like, and what would I need to spend?

Kairos

Quintessentially So
Reaction score
Can someone recommend some hiqh quality powered monitors? Not just for recording, but for playing at home with the 1101 and implulses. What brands and models do you like, and what would I need to spend?

The ones that come to mind are the Mackie HD, QSC K, and I think carvin has active monitors. I only have experience with the QSC, and I though they were quite good. I would probably buy them if I went the FRFR route, they just seem to be the most cost effective and still sound great.

Bevo

Reaction score

Monitiors can be expensive and limited by volume but are key for recording.
If you want to rock look at a powered P/A cab or a couple 8-10 inch P/A speakers. These are also available to rent so you can try before you buy.

I have a 12 in P/A monitor at home with a seperate amp, works amazing.

Zugster

the green machine
Reaction score
Monitiors can be expensive and limited by volume but are key for recording.
If you want to rock look at a powered P/A cab or a couple 8-10 inch P/A speakers. These are also available to rent so you can try before you buy.

I have a 12 in P/A monitor at home with a seperate amp, works amazing.

Sorry If I'm a little dense, but I don't quite get it. What's a "12 in P/A monitor?"

I was thinking in terms of speakers that would fit on desktop.

What I currenlty have is the 1101 running into a TS100 and a 2x12, but I also want to be able to use impulses into a high quality, low to moderate volume setup.

Kairos

Quintessentially So
Reaction score
Awesome tones, man :yesway:

What models did you use?

Thanks, the clean was just Dread Acoustic for the amp model. Nothing else but some bass reduction eq. Zero editing was done.

The riff was the 5150 and the 808. I also had a noise gate and parametric eq. Then in my DAW I just eq'd it a bit, and mastered it with Ozone. Definitely the less is more approach though. I can upload the raw signal if you would like.

EDIT: I forgot to say I used the S-Preshigh impulse loaded into the GSP, not the DAW.

Sang-Drax

Reaction score
I can't seem to figure out how to load in Impulse. I have c62 installed, and when I run the c57 User Cab Uploader (or something like that), I get the message "the device is now ready to use", but the User slots are all empty anyway. When I tried it the third time, the GSP crashed and I had to re-install C62.

I followed the procedure again after re-installation; still no luck - my gsp keeps ignoring the impulse I just loaded.

Any suggestions?

edit: it seems to be working now, although there's no name change in the X Edit. With IR's or not, the tone I get still seems to be to much fizzy for my tastes.

Bevo

Reaction score
Sorry If I'm a little dense, but I don't quite get it. What's a "12 in P/A monitor?"

I was thinking in terms of speakers that would fit on desktop.

What I currenlty have is the 1101 running into a TS100 and a 2x12, but I also want to be able to use impulses into a high quality, low to moderate volume setup.

Like a DJ speaker.
Sounds like you need more recording type monitors then, your best to go to the store to see what they have. Give them all a listen then see if you can find the one you like used.
Keep in mind that the price on a monitor is each as in one at that price!