The EB MusicMan 7 Club

• Thread starter Norstorm
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
I'm hoping so too, the thing is gorgeous and the Rosewood really sounds amazing but we'll see what happens. I still really want another 6 string JP, so I might take a refund on it or a rebuild for the same thing but in a 6.

Santuzzo

Reaction score
I'm hoping so too, the thing is gorgeous and the Rosewood really sounds amazing but we'll see what happens. I still really want another 6 string JP, so I might take a refund on it or a rebuild for the same thing but in a 6.

you got me curious now, what's wrong with it?
If you don't want to talk about it, I understand.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
Like I said, I'd rather not just because I don't like calling people out like that until they have a chance to make it right. It's just stuff that isn't acceptable in the price range that you pay for a BFR.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
Here's some pictures of it that I took this morning if any of you want to see!

EBMM JP7 BFR Solar Burst w/Rosewood Neck - a set on Flickr

12866363734_f914c2fa8e_h.jpg

and of course, the obligatory family shot!

12866683383_16e1af7aa7_h.jpg

Svava

Djento ergo sum
Reaction score
Here's some pictures of it that I took this morning if any of you want to see!

12866683383_16e1af7aa7_h.jpg

Congratulations, because of that one pic I now have lost the ability to achieve sexual arousal as a result of exposure to normal stimuli i.e. women.

...droool......

I'm like annoyed at this point that I need to buy an axe fx- I want to start investing into a cache of these things ><

Svava

Djento ergo sum
Reaction score
Like I said, I'd rather not just because I don't like calling people out like that until they have a chance to make it right. It's just stuff that isn't acceptable in the price range that you pay for a BFR.

Man I have never heard of an EBMM having any flaw on delivery- that's really really strange to me.

I hope they sort it out for you- and I'm sure they will, EBMM not having good customer support is another thing that I have never heard of.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
Haha thanks Svava, it really is a lovely bunch.

And yeah, I mean it's happened before and I've experienced it before this instance myself. No one's perfect and that's what we have to keep in mind, everyone can make things right though if they choose to.

ShreddyESP

Limit Zero
Reaction score
Hey guys, I might be looking to pick up an EBMM 7 sometime soon. I wanted to know which dealer/website you would most recommend? There's no way I can try it before buying since I live in India, so I'd be happy to go with the dealer that most of you use.

Cheers

Svava

Djento ergo sum
Reaction score
Hey guys, I might be looking to pick up an EBMM 7 sometime soon. I wanted to know which dealer/website you would most recommend? There's no way I can try it before buying since I live in India, so I'd be happy to go with the dealer that most of you use.

Cheers

In my experience if you have to shop online it is best to purchase through Sweetwater. Their customer support has been excellent and they even inspect the thing and set it up before they send it to you.

ShreddyESP

Limit Zero
Reaction score
In my experience if you have to shop online it is best to purchase through Sweetwater. Their customer support has been excellent and they even inspect the thing and set it up before they send it to you.

Thanks for the heads up man. incidentally, i've been lusting over the EBMMs on sweetwater for the last few days. :yesway:

Seanthesheep

Reaction score
Hey guys couple questions since Im looking at buying a JP12-7 over the summer. Ive heard the neck is rediculously thin amd is around 15mm, is this actually true? If so can the neck even be stable if its that thin? Where I live we have cold winters and hot summers my PRS is the only guitar that barely shifts and that has a pretty thick neck, so do the JP12-7 necks take to temp changes well?

Also Ive heard of the common issue with these guitars and larger strings, I know I can drill out the tuner to get a 62 string to fit but will that actually make contact and be usable with the piezo on the saddle?

Oh and lastly, If I wanted to swap the pickups Ive heard uncovered BKPs fit without routing but what about lundgren M7s or BKP blackhawks? Will those fit in without routing?

lewstherin006

Reaction score
Hey guys couple questions since Im looking at buying a JP12-7 over the summer. Ive heard the neck is rediculously thin amd is around 15mm, is this actually true? If so can the neck even be stable if its that thin? Where I live we have cold winters and hot summers my PRS is the only guitar that barely shifts and that has a pretty thick neck, so do the JP12-7 necks take to temp changes well?

Also Ive heard of the common issue with these guitars and larger strings, I know I can drill out the tuner to get a 62 string to fit but will that actually make contact and be usable with the piezo on the saddle?

Oh and lastly, If I wanted to swap the pickups Ive heard uncovered BKPs fit without routing but what about lundgren M7s or BKP blackhawks? Will those fit in without routing?

Some uncovered bkps will fit but not all. You will have to route for blackhawks. I had to do it on mine recently. The cavity isn't that deep so it is hit or miss. With bigger strings you can still use the piezo. Just have to miss with it a bit.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score

Neck thickness is a non issue, yes it is quite thin. 14mm @ 1st, 17mm @ 12th. People tour with these guitars relentlessly, and they hold up fine. In addition, your neck is supposed to shift if you're having a harsh winter and the guitar is being exposed to that. That's why they have the truss wheel to adjust it with.

Covered BKPs fit the 6 string routes, 7 string routes will need work. And unless you ask for flat triangle tabs you'll have to route downwards as well. Piezo works fine with larger strings.

Norstorm

Reaction score
Hey guys...

I'm back online..

Things have happened here :)
Awesome!
I've been off working offshore for a while.
Damn nice to get home and play my guitars and basses again..
I'm in the zone.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
[SC]https://soundcloud.com/kenji20022/song-idea-3-4-2014-bfr7-test[/SC]

Did a quick recording with the BFR this morning. Neck Pickup + Piezo straight into Garageband, and my favorite clean patch to write with "EJ Clean" on the Axe FX 2!

The shoddy piano behind it is my terrible attempt to compliment the chord changes with my 25 Midi Keyboard thing I bought years back, never mind that :lol: