The First World Problem Thread...Voice Your Struggle

• Thread starter Steinmetzify
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TimSE

Tone Chasr
Contributor
Reaction score
I have an idea for improving construction for all musical instruments and no money to fund it. Would actually become industry standard practice for manufacturing all instruments if I can get some momentum behind it me thinks.
Want to fund a study, gain patents backing-up research for it, and start a guitar company implementing this tech, then expand to all instruments. Just not enough funds hohum

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kaura

Je suis ketchup
Reaction score
What a shitty Friday. When I left for work in the morning my car alerted about low coolant which is not really a big issue but I thought to myself that I don't want to put another penny into that car except for fuel.

So when I got to work I noticed one of the back tires was flat. Luckily there's a wheel shop right across the street so I took my car there and they managed to repair the tire instead of buying a new one. But man, I can't wait to get rid off that shitbox. The problem is, I've been taking a shit ton of unpaid day offs now during the summer so I'm broke af. :lol:

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
What a shitty Friday. When I left for work in the morning my car alerted about low coolant which is not really a big issue but I thought to myself that I don't want to put another penny into that car except for fuel.

So when I got to work I noticed one of the back tires was flat. Luckily there's a wheel shop right across the street so I took my car there and they managed to repair the tire instead of buying a new one. But man, I can't wait to get rid off that shitbox. The problem is, I've been taking a shit ton of unpaid day offs now during the summer so I'm broke af. :lol:

What, your car actually has a warning for low coolant? I just notice when the engine overheats :lol:
TBH I have been checking it on my car relatively frequently (and only had to add some one time during the 5 years I've had this car)... But on my previous car once, the mixture had too little actual coolant in it so it froze in the winter, and then it would overheat before the ice melted and the stuff actually started circulating in there :lol: It didn't give any warning either, other than the temperature gauge basically spinning around :lol:

Fenriswolf

Reaction score
What, your car actually has a warning for low coolant? I just notice when the engine overheats :lol:
TBH I have been checking it on my car relatively frequently (and only had to add some one time during the 5 years I've had this car)... But on my previous car once, the mixture had too little actual coolant in it so it froze in the winter, and then it would overheat before the ice melted and the stuff actually started circulating in there :lol: It didn't give any warning either, other than the temperature gauge basically spinning around :lol:

Back when I worked at an oil change shop, there were a couple different cars that had one. People would be freaking out because you know, Texas and 100+ degree weather. I don't know that I ever saw one where the coolant was actually low. On the flip side, I saw some of the same make vehicles that did actually have low coolant, like all the way from a little low to straight up empty...light wasn't on.

wheresthefbomb

Reaction score
my hairbrush is long overdue for a replacement. the plastic "bristles" keep breaking off leaving sharp stumps and today, not for the first time, I gouged a hole in the pad of my index finger pulling the hairball out of it. one of these days I'll learn.

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
My daughter has this nightlight thing that has pretty nice features, but pretty much everything is implemented very poorly.
It projects this stary sky onto the ceiling, but the "zoom level" and angle are so bad, you basically have to place in the middle of the floor for the stars to be all over the ceiling. Or try to angle it so it points to the center of the ceiling.
Then it has a lullaby button which plays 5 different melodies - nice in theory, but every time it loops or changes song it cuts out for a second or so. I wonder how they imagined any child to fall asleep when the music skips like that?

How hard would it have been to include an adjustable foot thing to angle it wherever you need it to point, and have the goddamned songs crossfade smoothly?

And then the buttons to operate it. They're touch sensitive ones, so in the dark you can't see or feel them, so I just fumble around until I find the right one, usually turning every feature on and off a few times before I find the right one (the one for the stary sky is conveniently between the bluetooth button and lullaby button, both of which make loud noise).

crushingpetal

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Jax had kids just so he could stop being the one to clean the pool
Like, I don't know the dude at all, but I am seriously impressed that he appears to go to the pool store once a week and take care of an aquarium. In my book that's like epic adult shit. Well done.

MetalDestroyer

Heaven's Football Bat
Reaction score
The American healthcare system is so garbage. You go to the doctor or hospital then you just wait for bills to show up. Sometimes it takes months. Like how am I supposed to plan financially for this? Is the bill gonna be a couple hundo? a couple thou? How many separate bills will I get? Only the gods know.

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Reaction score
New gym chain I'm going to is good. I have noticed way less weed stink and oddly a lot less people hauling around a full 3day bag with them to every atation.

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score
The American healthcare system is so garbage. You go to the doctor or hospital then you just wait for bills to show up. Sometimes it takes months. Like how am I supposed to plan financially for this? Is the bill gonna be a couple hundo? a couple thou? How many separate bills will I get? Only the gods know.
'iNfoRmEd CoNsEnT'

Latest posts