The Laney Ironheart Owners Thread

Reaction score
Just ordered my 60w version yesterday and I can't wait for it to arrive. Right now I'm using a 5150 60w head that was converted from the 2x12 combo, running a tube screamer in front. Is anyone using a Sonic Max with theirs? I'm planning on setting up my Sonic Max, tuner and NS1 in the effects loop and running the onboard boost.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

shanike

Reaction score
IMG_0633.jpg

sounds nice.
gonna try it soon with an Axe-FX II in 4CM.

leftyguitarjoe

Correct-handed
Reaction score
Damnit guys. I'm so close. It got delivered and nobody was home. Then I went to the post office and it was still out on a truck. Now today, its snowing relentlessly and I cant go pick it up.

A5HzODg.jpg

charlessalvacion

Reaction score
Got myself the IRT60 212 combo. It's my first Laney, & first tube amp. have not played it loud yet 'cos Im living in a shared flat. Sounds awesome even in low volumes. The WATTS function is a great feature!

Hoping to test it in full volume.

Reaction score
Got mine set up last night, my settings are a little different than most I've seen. Not running the boost, my rhythm channel is bass knob pulled at 2 o'clock, mid knob pulled at 10 o'clock, treble is pushed in at 11 o'clock. Dynamics at 11 o'clock and tone at 10 o'clock. Has a nice thick scooped sound but it still has plenty of mids to cut through.

leftyguitarjoe

Correct-handed
Reaction score
After about 3 hours of messing around yesterday, here are my first impressions of this amp.

It was played through my Crate Blue Voodoo 4x12(V30's) and my friend's Mesa 2x12(V30's).

The boost takes the cake on this thing. I almost shit myself after turning the distortion down to 3 and the OD up around 6-8. You can balance the two to make a roaring tone. Its fcuking incredible.

And using the OD on the clean channel was really fun. I had it to where only hard strummed would break up.

This amp is incredible.

slaws

Reaction score
So I just sold my original 5150 after the 6505 Mini was announced with the intention of downsizing. Now I'm rethinking that and considering the IRT-Studio instead. I mainly play high gain stuff but I want a better clean channel. Anybody disagree that the IRT-Studio is a better option than the 6505 mini? Thanks!

chassless

Don'tDeserveMyGuitar
Reaction score
Amazing cleans, this i can tell you.

Also, that's an interesting idea, i usually keep the gain at around 6-7, i'm gonna try and roll it off and crank the boost and see what happens

leftyguitarjoe

Correct-handed
Reaction score
Amazing cleans, this i can tell you.

Also, that's an interesting idea, i usually keep the gain at around 6-7, i'm gonna try and roll it off and crank the boost and see what happens

Here is what I was doing. Keep in mind I'm using P90's, so I have more boost than might be needed for humbuckers

lCxS5oY.jpg

charlessalvacion

Reaction score
Got my IRT60H now. Used to have the combo, but the weight is just too much.
Its easier to carry the head. I also noticed the combo sounds quite different from the head & another cab. (I dont know maybe its the speakers?)
Also, anyone tried repairing the Power lamp? Mine's not working.:scratch:

Here it is.

Have tried it in the shop with a Boogie 1x12 cab. It sounds awesome!

and by the way, that ELMWOOD head sounds massive! :yum:

charlessalvacion

Reaction score
^ how different do the combo and head sound in your experience?

Hi chasless,

I don't have extensive experience yet with plugging the head in other cabs but when I tried it on the shop with the marshall 2x12 & Boogie 1x12 (sounds massive) in the photo, the sound is just different.

The combo sounds fine when cranked but has some fizziness (if thats the correct term) to it. The head when plugged in other cabs sounds bright & full. Maybe its the cabinets & speakers? Or maybe the 6L6 from the combo?

Hope this helps. :)

charlessalvacion

Reaction score
Anyone using the IRT212 cab with the IRT heads? Any reviews?

I might be able to get one at a low price here in my country. I am actually gonna order a harley Benton 2x12 with V30s but this seller with the IRT212 popped-up.

Thanks

Latest posts