The Laney Ironheart Owners Thread

IdentityDevice

Reaction score
I read somewhere else about someone who was having the same issue and someone suggested that it may be groundloop feedback or something like that, and to unplug their laptop battery? I did that but it didn't do anything. I know i'm just overlooking something or just am uninformed. Can't seem to find any help anywhere. everywhere I look I can't get a straight answer on this thing. Already starting to think about selling it and i've only played it for like a half hour lol

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

charlessalvacion

Reaction score
Hi folks!

Sorry to disturb...

Here's the thing: I want to replace the stock Rubys 6L6GC with JJ 6L6GC... Can I swap them without biasing and hope not to destroy the amp? :)

Thanks!
AE

They're the same type of tubes right? I think you can just swap them, or am I missing something?

But I think its better to bias them.

gay4ass

Reaction score
They're the same type of tubes right? I think you can just swap them, or am I missing something?

But I think its better to bias them.

no real need to bias them as Laney kinda cold bias them anyway. As long as the tubes are of the same type, it should be just fine.

Tip: What I usually do is to bring my old tubes to the tube shop and ask them to find me a set of power tubes that have similar filament current draws. This way I know that the bias already set in my amp is going to work just fine with my new tubes.

charlessalvacion

Reaction score
no real need to bias them as Laney kinda cold bias them anyway. As long as the tubes are of the same type, it should be just fine.

Tip: What I usually do is to bring my old tubes to the tube shop and ask them to find me a set of power tubes that have similar filament current draws. This way I know that the bias already set in my amp is going to work just fine with my new tubes.

Hi gay4ass,

Which shops in Singapore do you buy your tubes?

Thanks

gay4ass

Reaction score
Hi gay4ass,

Which shops in Singapore do you buy your tubes?

Thanks

There are two shops in Burlington Square which is next to Sim Lim Square. I prefer Well Audio Lab as the boss is also an amp tech who knows his stuff. The other shop cant offer much tech advise.

Sim Lim Tower is a very nice place to make custom cables too.

The area is a diy guitarist paradise.

charlessalvacion

Reaction score
There are two shops in Burlington Square which is next to Sim Lim Square. I prefer Well Audio Lab as the boss is also an amp tech who knows his stuff. The other shop cant offer much tech advise.

Sim Lim Tower is a very nice place to make custom cables too.

The area is a diy guitarist paradise.

Thanks man. I will give them a visit. cheers! :hbang:

Ericjutsu

Reaction score
anyone here notice that the IRT Studio's FX loop is very noisy? I was having noise issues with this amp and was trying to determine that problem. At first I thought it was just me using the 4CM that was causing the extra noise but it turns out it's the FX loop of the IRT Studio. I tried plugging in only a boss GE7 and then an NS2 and both times it added extra noise even with the pedals off.

Ericjutsu

Reaction score
yeah I'm thinking it could be the stock tubes that are causing the noise. How much are 4 pre amp tubes to replace the stock ones?

Ericjutsu

Reaction score
made a new clip with the IRT Studio through a Genz Benz Gflex cab mic'd up

[SC] https://soundcloud.com/ericjutsu/laney-irt-studio-mic[/SC]

Here is another one with just a single 57

[SC]https://soundcloud.com/ericjutsu/laney-irt-studio-mic-2[/SC]

shanike

Reaction score
tubes ordered, they should arrive sometime towards the end of next week hopefully, I have to 2 shows coming up during that weekend

Mike

Reaction score
tubes ordered, they should arrive sometime towards the end of next week hopefully, I have to 2 shows coming up during that weekend

What replacement tubes did you end up ordering?

jd267

Reaction score
Why do you guys keep saying the amp needs to be biased lol? It's non adjustable meaning it's Fixed with a resistor not a trim pot.