The .strandberg* Thread

• Thread starter Rook
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

aleclee

Reaction score
saw it on instagram. A bit busy for me but definitely super cool
I like the knobs. ;)

But then again, I dislike the stock knobs in a way that I've never disliked knobs before. Not only are they not easy to grip, they're boring and give no indication of where they're set. No redeeming properties. :mad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

patdavidmusic

Reaction score
Does anyone remember or know the detail of a forumite here that found a small hex wheel you could use to tune the strandberg?

I remember seeing it in a NGD thread but now I can find it, any ideas!!

works0fheart

Tike Myson
Reaction score
Well, I thought I really liked the way this looked until I saw the price tag. Eh.

40G6Mnx.png

getowned7474

Neck_Pro
Reaction score
i would do terrible things for a teal or seafoam green finish on an 8 string

I agree lol, the only decent option for something like that without being pricey is Kiesel. Too bad their customer service has gone to sh!t. Fortunately I got mine before any of the big issues started happening with their customer service.

DSC_1374_zps4jvxbtxo.jpg

KnightBrolaire

Say yes to Chugs
Reaction score
I agree lol, the only decent option for something like that without being pricey is Kiesel. Too bad their customer service has gone to sh!t. Fortunately I got mine before any of the big issues started happening with their customer service.

DSC_1374_zps4jvxbtxo.jpg

yeah same here, both of my vaders turned out excellent and I was going to get a trans-teal vader next- but then the whole ....show happened with their customer service..

domsch1988

Reaction score
is it only me or anyone else thinks they are outrageously priced ? :|||

I don't know man... On the one hand, they are the only ones offering this specific featureset. If you want it, i guess you got to pay for it.
On the other hand i find it hard to justify paying 2k€ for a WMI manufactured guitar. There are plenty European made guitars in that pricerange. If that says something about the quality is another story :scratch:
In the end, if you want that bodyshape or neck, you'll have to pay the prices...

MSUspartans777

Reaction score
I don't know man... On the one hand, they are the only ones offering this specific featureset. If you want it, i guess you got to pay for it.
On the other hand i find it hard to justify paying 2k€ for a WMI manufactured guitar. There are plenty European made guitars in that pricerange. If that says something about the quality is another story :scratch:
In the end, if you want that bodyshape or neck, you'll have to pay the prices...

I think the configurator is for their swedish custom shop/M2M ideas.

MiPwnYew

Reaction score
Does anyone remember or know the detail of a forumite here that found a small hex wheel you could use to tune the strandberg?

I remember seeing it in a NGD thread but now I can find it, any ideas!!

Hey man,

It's a 1/4 inch finger drive. I had a Craftsman version that I got for 5 bucks, but there's a bunch to choose from :yesway:

30575578364_b851cff143_z.jpg

31405684245_3bd5d5b6a6_z.jpg

patdavidmusic

Reaction score
Hey man,

It's a 1/4 inch finger drive. I had a Craftsman version that I got for 5 bucks, but there's a bunch to choose from :yesway:

Legend thank you!
Is there anyway whenever you had time you could link an ebay one I just cant find them in oz, it would be very appreciated

eugeneelgr

Reaction score
Fun but getting a similar build to the Skervesen I ordered would cost about 2000€ more. 50% depositt is also pretty high.

It's getting old mate, really.

Side note, wish they could allow the configurator to show the back as well!

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Side note, wish they could allow the configurator to show the back as well!

Yea, definitely. There's lots that could be done to improve it, but it's pretty fun to play with currently -- here are my contributions:

33927844940_5cffbecdee_b.jpg

34312073025_59ff2409c9_b.jpg

33927845050_2807f4165d_b.jpg

I think the white/red one is what comes from playing too much Mirror's Edge.
Having ordered 2 M2Ms that have had black hardware, I've been pretty interested in the idea of some fancy anodization, so that's what I've been playing around with. The spalt and ash actually use pieces that are available now.