The .strandberg* Thread

• Thread starter Rook
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mehnike

SS.org Peruser
Reaction score
Now I'm just hoping this makes it on my build... Definitely digging the adjustable nut pieces. Can any previous owner speak about problematic vibration they've experienced on the saddle screws? Or is the set screw just to make the design even more bullet proof?

UnderTheSign

Reaction score
I thought revision 4 had already been implemented (on the Washburn guitars anyway) but sadly the tuners I got a while ago didn't have it :( The hex slot is the best change to his hardware so far.

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
Height adjustable nut is a cool addition. Just one of those little things to really fine tune a setup.

Zinter

Canuck Guitar Tech
Reaction score
The adjustable nut is very interesting, if it locks the string on stainless steel they could do away with the zero fret and still have the fretted tone on open strings. I'm debating removing the zero fret on my Boden OS, but the plan was to put a compensated black tusq xl nut on. The locks at the top are installed too far back to switch to a new part for use as the nut anyways, but its a nice future thinking update by Ola.

ara_

Reaction score
No ...., he added hex keys! Tuning my S7 Boden 7 can be quite hard on my fingers sometimes, much appreciated.

jjcor

Reaction score
So how many are on the waitlist? I dropped off last year when I was number 42. I started to regret it recently and when I signed back up I was still number 42? I don't know now if I actually dropped off or if he just puts you back where you were?

blanco

Reaction score
Anyone know if this style control plate is going to be on all models or just m2m?

11102688_966015553442888_6730395928945618891_n.jpg

thrsher

\m/-_-\m/
Reaction score
So how many are on the waitlist? I dropped off last year when I was number 42. I started to regret it recently and when I signed back up I was still number 42? I don't know now if I actually dropped off or if he just puts you back where you were?

my spot just came up and i declined it.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
I really like that one. You can have the rarest, most endangered, expensive, heavily figured exotic wood top ever and still I really don't think it gets better than that!

JP Universe

Giggity
Contributor
Reaction score
I guess what I was going for was a Tosin influenced (obviously) Strandberg but I wanted it to be futuristic in a sense…. Usually I'm all for a fancy wooded, crazy figured beast but this was different. I thought about it when I was leaving on a flight….. you see all these bright lights shining on a black runway and immediately then and there I knew that I wanted this to be slick/sleek ummm spaceship?….. ahhh just gimme that Tosins Rg2228 colour scheme :)

I actually had looked at chameleon paint and chrome paint but decided against it for that true Tosin Spec ;) and ummm yeah…. the cost :lol:

Very happy with how it turned out and Ola's been fantastic to deal with!