The .strandberg* Thread

• Thread starter Rook
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

diagrammatiks

Reaction score
Strandberg3.jpg

2000 for the deluxe
1800 for the classic

unconfirmed. subject to change.

Last edited:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
27368646_10157781845274616_3179316703849326395_o.jpg

Singularity Mk II

Is he just holding two of the same model, or is there a difference between those two?

And any word on the 8 string version? He had the blue swirl 8 a few months ago, so I was kind of hoping for an 8.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
Is he just holding two of the same model, or is there a difference between those two?

And any word on the 8 string version? He had the blue swirl 8 a few months ago, so I was kind of hoping for an 8.
Not looking like an 8 string Singularity this year, unfortunately. Those seem to be two identical guitars.

KIMERA666

Reaction score
Not looking like an 8 string Singularity this year, unfortunately. Those seem to be two identical guitars.

There is one 8 string singularity in the video, it looks like the 7 string version but with fanned frets and blue/black swirl painting. It also has the clear pickguard.

[youtubevid]chJX2azzmd4[/youtubevid]

Last edited:

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
There is one 8 string singularity in the video, it looks like the 7 string version but with fanned frets and blue/black swirl painting. It also has the clear pickguard.

[youtubevid]chJX2azzmd4[/youtubevid]

Huh, cool! I saw that in another picture but it just looked black to me and I figured it was just the Classic 8.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
That does not make any sense to me. Keeping almost all Strandberg-typical ergonomic features like a headless design, EndurNeck, fanned frets but ommitting the arm contour to give the feel/looks of the Tele?

Ditching the tele bridge and saddles, not caring enough to give it more authentic tele tone, but keeping the most annoying feature of a tele? Eek.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
The most annoying part of a tele is that it's a tele. Fight me.

And, did I see somewhere that there is going to be a 7 string Varberg variant? Or have I been getting too close to the model glue again?

Avedas

Reaction score
Teles sound ok I guess, but I can't handle the baseball bat neck, toothpick sized frets, and Fender's basketball radius fretboards.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
The most annoying part of a tele is that it's a tele. Fight me.

And, did I see somewhere that there is going to be a 7 string Varberg variant? Or have I been getting too close to the model glue again?
Varberg 7s already exist in the wild. There's a bunch of them in Japan already.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Varberg 7s already exist in the wild. There's a bunch of them in Japan already.
Oh wow, I had no idea. WTH? You’d think with the ridiculous number of hours I spend searching guitars online this sort of thing wouldn’t slip past me. :lol:

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
That's like saying the most annoying part is the twang.
Everyone knows the tele tone lives in the bit that isn't an arm contour

Oh wow, I had no idea. WTH? You’d think with the ridiculous number of hours I spend searching guitars online this sort of thing wouldn’t slip past me. :lol:
Check out Digimart. Bunch of cool ones there.

Avedas

Reaction score
Miyaji Gakki carries most of the Varbergs. I got my Prog from them and they're great. Dunno if they ship internationally though.