The Veil Of Maya Superultramegathread!

• Thread starter JosephAOI
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JosephAOI

Thinks Jazz = Metal
Reaction score
I hate deathcore but for some reason I could say okubo is one of my favorite guitarists. I have been waiting for this thread. Crap, why didnt I start it :scratch:

Ugh, unbreakable? Honestly, I shivered when I saw they where making a video out of that song. Thats usually one of the first song that pops up when you look them up and it almost makes them seem like another generic band. A lost themed namaste vid wouldve been nice....

I think unbreakable is a great song and hardly generic. The guitar parts aren't at all IMO (have you seen how insane it is to play??). I agree though a lost themed Namaste video would be sweet. Personally I'd like to see a Dark Passenger video the most.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

brutalwizard

Pretty Your Petunia
Reaction score
so on april fools i saw there van was stolen, i still have no idea if it was a joke.

if not i am intrigued on what happened, and if they got there stuff back.

josh pelican

Banned
Reaction score
I listen to Veil of Maya, but are Superultramegathreads only allowed for Sumerian bands? Certainly seems that way. Every other appreciation thread just dies (aside from Devin Townsend).

NaYoN

Heavy Blog Is Heavy
Reaction score
I listen to Veil of Maya, but are Superultramegathreads only allowed for Sumerian bands? Certainly seems that way. Every other appreciation thread just dies (aside from Devin Townsend).

Welcome to Sevenstring.org. Anything remotely labelable as Djent is much more popular than everything else.

TheGraySlayer

Without Open Eyes
Reaction score

JosephAOI

Thinks Jazz = Metal
Reaction score
Personally, I've always referred to Veil as Technical Death Metal and bands like BOO, Periphery, AAL, etc. as Progressive Metal.

mithologian

Reaction score
I think unbreakable is a great song and hardly generic. The guitar parts aren't at all IMO (have you seen how insane it is to play??). I agree though a lost themed Namaste video would be sweet. Personally I'd like to see a Dark Passenger video the most.

Yes, Ive seen how its played, and I also learned it (wanted to learn all of ID at some point, gotta get back to that). Its the least challenging song in the album for me (The higler being the toughest one). Its not a bad song at all, but Idk, something about it struck a bad nerve for me when I heard it. Maybe that little dissonant-chord hook that goes around in the song.

JosephAOI

Thinks Jazz = Metal
Reaction score
Yes, Ive seen how its played, and I also learned it (wanted to learn all of ID at some point, gotta get back to that). Its the least challenging song in the album for me (The higler being the toughest one). Its not a bad song at all, but Idk, something about it struck a bad nerve for me when I heard it. Maybe that little dissonant-chord hook that goes around in the song.
I see where you're coming from. Just different tastes I suppose. I'm also trying to learn all (probably gonna end up 1/2 or so) of [id]. I personally find Dark Passenger to be the easiest though. (Those stupid arppegiated barre chords in Unbreakable always mess with me :squint:). By the way, If you could make a suggestion, which songs should I learn in order from easiest to hardest on the album? I was thinking something like- Circle, Martyrs, Dark Passenger, Unbreakable, Resistance, Namaste, Mowgli, Codex, Conquer, The Higler.

DVRP

The HUMANCENTiPAD
Reaction score
Dark Passenger. SO FUN to play. I caught these guys when they came to Vancouver for the Welcome to Hell tour. They rocked that damn show. All amazing musicians.

brutalwizard

Pretty Your Petunia
Reaction score
i like how every post so far and forever will be,

"yeah man i like that band, i saw them live there so sick, that one song they play OOH my its the bees knees"

yet people will still post here

so yeah veil of maya is so sick, i saw them with aal last year and whitechapel this year, man is that namaste song so sick.

JosephAOI

Thinks Jazz = Metal
Reaction score
i like how every post so far and forever will be,

"yeah man i like that band, i saw them live there so sick, that one song they play OOH my its the bees knees"

yet people will still post here

so yeah veil of maya is so sick, i saw them with aal last year and whitechapel this year, man is that namaste song so sick.

I know, right? It was supposed to be for sharing info about the band but only a couple people have done that :/

adrock

long ball larry!
Reaction score
i fucking LOVE veil :shred:

i'm a huge fan of marc's playing, and have been from the first second i heard them. i'm trying very hard right now to get a guitar into his hands.

so on april fools i saw there van was stolen, i still have no idea if it was a joke.

if not i am intrigued on what happened, and if they got there stuff back.

i have a friend/customer who is very close friends with marc. unfortunately, that was not a joke. and as far as i know, they have not gotten any gear back :noplease:

Chri

-________-
Reaction score
So does anyone have any info on how to get (close to) Marc's tone? Like EQ settings?

Boost your mids up almost all the way with very little treble and just enough bass to chug. Also dial back the gain considerably. I've always found his tone to be really dull, yet nothing else seems to work with VOM :scratch: