The Veil Of Maya Superultramegathread!

• Thread starter JosephAOI
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bulb

Reaction score
i fucking LOVE veil :shred:

i'm a huge fan of marc's playing, and have been from the first second i heard them. i'm trying very hard right now to get a guitar into his hands.

i have a friend/customer who is very close friends with marc. unfortunately, that was not a joke. and as far as i know, they have not gotten any gear back :noplease:

there was no gear in the van, so they still have all of that thankfully

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DVRP

The HUMANCENTiPAD
Reaction score
I cant wait to hear what you guys record Misha! SO STOKED

LadyKiller

Last Tough Guy
Reaction score
Prior to their appearance at this year's edition of The Bamboozle festival, which was held April 29 - May 1 at the New Meadowlands Sports Complex in East Rutherford, New Jersey, Chicago's VEIL OF MAYA was busy in the nation's capital demoing new material with their great friend and Sumerian labelmate Misha Mansoor (PERIPHERY) for their as-yet-untitled new record that will be dropping in the fall. Guitarist Marc Okubo comments, "The tracks we are demoing are coming out amazing and give me the chills!

"We have spent lots of time on the road with PERIPHERY and now working with Misha is an added bonus. He is beyond a genius and understands our focus for this next record. Things are faster, more technical and beyond any of our efforts thus far."

VEIL OF MAYA will take the summer off from touring in order to finish writing and recording its new album. However, the band will play a few select shows to gear up for something special this fall. Drummer Sam Applebaum states, "We can't wait for everyone to hear what we have been working on. We plan to make this the most over-the-top and best VEIL OF MAYA record yet.

"We will be hitting the road in the fall, so get stoked for a sick ass tour that will be a party every single night."

VEIL OF MAYA is preparing to head overseas to annihilate the masses on the Sumerian Records "European Invasion Tour 2011" alongside labelmates BORN OF OSIRIS and THE FACELESS.

vhmetalx

\m/
Reaction score
Has noone mentioned the joining of the 7 string bassist? I can't wait to see what that guy brings to the band.
Oh yeah....
Mowgli is the bees knees. I love that song.

NaYoN

Heavy Blog Is Heavy
Reaction score
Has noone mentioned the joining of the 7 string bassist? I can't wait to see what that guy brings to the band.
Oh yeah....
Mowgli is the bees knees. I love that song.

Only in the previous page of this very thread.

mithologian

Reaction score
I see where you're coming from. Just different tastes I suppose. I'm also trying to learn all (probably gonna end up 1/2 or so) of [id]. I personally find Dark Passenger to be the easiest though. (Those stupid arppegiated barre chords in Unbreakable always mess with me :squint:). By the way, If you could make a suggestion, which songs should I learn in order from easiest to hardest on the album? I was thinking something like- Circle, Martyrs, Dark Passenger, Unbreakable, Resistance, Namaste, Mowgli, Codex, Conquer, The Higler.

Personally, All the breakdown songs first, unbreakable, mowgli, conquer, resistance (I still can chung that fast consistently), namaste, dark passager, codex and the higler.

JosephAOI

Thinks Jazz = Metal
Reaction score
there was no gear in the van, so they still have all of that thankfully

Misha commented on a thread I created... My life is complete :shred: I'd like to get a comment from Marc himself on here though. Does he have a SS.org account??

The Beard

Suttbex
Reaction score
"Things are faster, more technical and beyond any of our efforts thus far."

mfw their songs are already technical as fuck:
goofyjpeg.jpg

PyramidSmasher

Chess Dragon
Reaction score
I got negative rep for calling Veil of Maya progressive metal. The negative rep simply says "Typical Djent Kid", which is funny since I have a fear before avatar.

vhmetalx

\m/
Reaction score
Only in the previous page of this very thread.
I would miss that.... :scratch:
Ohwell, Veil still kicks ass, regardless of my retarded eyesight. No word on new CD yet?
EDIT:
Just re-read they're gunna be in the studio soon (guess where... page 1... olol)
Imma stop posting now.

JosephAOI

Thinks Jazz = Metal
Reaction score
So I'm really excited for their new stuff. I wonder if they're gonna try anything really different from TCMC or [id]. Anyway, Sumerian needs to bring that tour with BOO and The Faceless here to America!!! My 3 favorite bands! Damn you, Europe!:scream:

ScottyB724

Reaction score
Yea, that would be pretty awesome if it came to the US. They did the "Sumerianos" tour a few years back, I caught one of the shows and I think the lineup was born of osiris, the faceless, veil of maya, and after the burial.

spawnofthesith

Reaction score
Definitely one of my favorite current bands. I can't wait to hear the new album when it comes. More technical? :eek:

Learning Its not Safe to Swim Today right now :shred:

ShadowFactoryX

OMNIHILITY
Reaction score
The Common Man's Collapse was fantastic, just an awesome release.

I dont care for id though. I think resistance is the stand out track, but the rest are just bland, and lacking character.

and good god, might i mention that id may contain one of the worst guitar tones ever. complete suckage imo

Goatchrist

Reaction score

Fucking awesome song!

Gonna see them on tuesday! I'm so excited! :fawk:
Gonna buy all their merch!!! :shred::hbang: