The Veil Of Maya Superultramegathread!

• Thread starter JosephAOI
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

spawnofthesith

Reaction score
When I saw them back in November, their live tone was awesome, imo (better than on recordings). Definitely the best tone of the night too

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score
id is one of the sickest mixes and guitar tones I've ever heard.
not psyched about misha working on the next one.

Kairos

Quintessentially So
Reaction score
id is one of the sickest mixes and guitar tones I've ever heard.
not psyched about misha working on the next one.

Yeah, I thought the mix and guitar tone worked well with the music.

I didn't know Misha was working on the next album. This kinda bums me out too. I don't know about you, but if I was a signed act I'd be going to a studio with a professional engineer and analog gear. :shrug:

So I agree with you on both points.

bulb

Reaction score
Yeah, I thought the mix and guitar tone worked well with the music.

I didn't know Misha was working on the next album. This kinda bums me out too. I don't know about you, but if I was a signed act I'd be going to a studio with a professional engineer and analog gear. :shrug:

So I agree with you on both points.

We did a tester song and they dug the results. They were considering a bunch of places, and definitely had the budget to shop around, but i guess we were all on the same wavelength as far as what they wanted both tonally, and what they wanted a producer to contribute.
Im really excited to be working with those dudes on this, its so much fun working with them, and im really stoked on the tester song we did, this will be an epic album!

bulb

Reaction score
Are you able to share what will be used for guitar tones? Randall again? Axe FX?

They really dug the Axefx tone i made for them, and Marc is using that live now, so that is definitely what we are using. Potentially we might use the Axefx II if i have it in time!

fifas

Reaction score
They really dug the Axefx tone i made for them, and Marc is using that live now, so that is definitely what we are using. Potentially we might use the Axefx II if i have it in time!

btw,VOM has very raw "live" sound on both TCMC and [id]...i fuckin love it!

Kairos

Quintessentially So
Reaction score
We did a tester song and they dug the results. They were considering a bunch of places, and definitely had the budget to shop around, but i guess we were all on the same wavelength as far as what they wanted both tonally, and what they wanted a producer to contribute.
Im really excited to be working with those dudes on this, its so much fun working with them, and im really stoked on the tester song we did, this will be an epic album!

Yeah, I just dig the sound of a big analog studio type record. I'm still looking forward to hearing what you do when you work with them. Seeing as you're quite similar musically, and a great engineer, I bet you'll have great chemistry. :yesway:

Reaction score
saw them on the welcome to hell tour FUCKING AMAZING!:shred:
twas a good night for all the bands there except for chelsea grin but they just suck in general, and their lead singer is a complete dick
EDIT: misha please dont have mark use a 7 lol,once i acquire one then it shall be ok :)

Wookieslayer

OOOAAARWWWRR
Reaction score

OOOO :eek:

btw,VOM has very raw "live" sound on both TCMC and [id]...i fuckin love it!

YEAH! that's why I like it and when you hear them live it sounds even better / heavy :hbang:

bulb

Reaction score
Yeah, I just dig the sound of a big analog studio type record. I'm still looking forward to hearing what you do when you work with them. Seeing as you're quite similar musically, and a great engineer, I bet you'll have great chemistry. :yesway:

We had great chemistry! Working on the tester song we did felt so effortless and natural, i had a blast and im really looking forward to doing the rest of the album. We are trying to make shit EPIC this time around!

Kairos

Quintessentially So
Reaction score
We had great chemistry! Working on the tester song we did felt so effortless and natural, i had a blast and im really looking forward to doing the rest of the album. We are trying to make shit EPIC this time around!

If by more epic you mean more keys and buildup stuff, I say HELLZ YEAH :metal:

That's probably the only downside to [id]; it's 30 minutes of straight metal. I'd love to hear more dynamic songs, and I know you have great taste for structure and dynamics. Makes me even more excited to hear this.

Goatchrist

Reaction score
Saw those guys yesterday and it was fucking awesome! The sound was very good and their playing flawless.:shred:
I talked to Marc about the Axe FX and stuff.
He said he uses no compression at all, that really impressed me!:bowdown:

Now I have a signed [id] copie, great guys, all of them!:agreed:

ST3MOCON

Reaction score
Good thing he has a new tone because the old tone sucked so bad at live shows! you can never hear him he always gets buried. It sounds really good for the syncopated chugs but after that you couldn't hear him too much bass! I want to hear his new sound!