Vik Guitars - SS.org Run Build Thread (Run is CLOSED)

• Thread starter Stealthdjentstic
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

elq

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
Wired the final payment today. Expect an NGD soon (well... three actually - a Vik, an Oni, and a Thorn D90) :sharpie:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

elq

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
:eek: Nice taste as always :yesway:

Put all 3 in the same NGD, I think ss.org would blow up due to too much awesomeness in 1 thread :lol:

Since it's one 6-string, one 7 and one 8 I wouldn't know which forum to post the mega-ngd in :rofl:

mphsc

http://pyramidguitarscompany.com/
Reaction score
^ that looks great man, love that flame & spalt, Congrats. Does Vik file down the little brass string retainers? I've only had minimal use with them.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
You bastards better put NGDs up for these! I've been checking this thread like it's my job!

faceforward_007

Land of Ice and Snow
Reaction score
Not yet, should be soon. Mehtab was saying his is shipping out this week. I've sent final payment, but with Messe and whatnot, Vik's been pretty busy

..... Can't wait though, Jonny's vid's aren't helping with my patience, lol

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Anyone at least get updated pics? With Vik's forum being "down" I'm getting antsy.

faceforward_007

Land of Ice and Snow
Reaction score
Necro-bump but just a PSA - I still have not gotten my Saviour build from Vik, this started in Aug 2011 with a one year time frame, unbelievable. And I paid in full in 2013 with the promise it was done, needed to be strung up, and would ship "next week"

thrsher

\m/-_-\m/
Reaction score
so disheartening to hear man, he really screwed over alot of people, he lives in californa now, you should pay him a visit, or go to NAMM and confront him. pretty sure ELQ never got his build from this run either

faceforward_007

Land of Ice and Snow
Reaction score
so disheartening to hear man, he really screwed over alot of people, he lives in californa now, you should pay him a visit, or go to NAMM and confront him. pretty sure ELQ never got his build from this run either
Yeah, very disheartening, last msg he sent was to "stop thinking i'm doing something personal here", 8 year build and lots of broken promises, plus it was paid in full including shipping and guitar case, how can I NOT take that personal? Anyway, I have some options. He's new to the USA, has a new green card, US Immigration would prob be interested to know that he has conducted business and received payments without intention to deliver. I'm giving him one last chance to deliver my 2011(!) build, if not i'll be reaching out to Camarillo Police and other law agencies. He has had time to create probably 20-30 builds since my Saviour, yet always has excuses as to why mine has not shipped or completed. When he asked for my final payment, in 2013, which I paid immediately, he said he had to string it up then ship within the next week. 2013. We're damn near in 2019, I've been plenty patient.

Really sorry to hear about ELQ, I've had other people in the community reach out and say Vik has not delivered their instruments as well, and another individual has been very interested in my story with Vik, seem's like i'm not the only one waiting on Vik to honor his agreement and deliver an instrument that was paid in full....

mpexus

Reaction score
How anyone pays for something and 8-12 months later still doesnt have it and doesnt do anything about it beats me...

GXPO

Reaction score
How anyone pays for something and 8-12 months later still doesnt have it and doesnt do anything about it beats me...
It can legitimately happen and if you're quoted 2 years and it takes 2 years that's how long it takes. The issue here is that It's quoted as 2 weeks and 6 years have passed.

KnightBrolaire

SSO's unofficial pickup tester
Reaction score
This forum has left me incredibly leery of ordering anything custom. The list of people I'd probably trust to build something and deliver:
... :shrug:

...maybe Pondman? :lol:
there's a bunch of good builders out there, it's just that some of the popular luthiers from the heydays of this forum are shitbags that fucked over customers (vik/bernie rico/sherman/decibel).
also good luck getting a pondman build, that's going to be harder than getting a new guitar from blackwater :lol:

mpexus

Reaction score
It can legitimately happen and if you're quoted 2 years and it takes 2 years that's how long it takes. The issue here is that It's quoted as 2 weeks and 6 years have passed.

I understand that and even in that case I would never pay fully at first payment. Sure pay for the Materials and then pay the rest when its shipping, not when they say its ready but when its shipping.