Vik Guitars - SS.org Run Build Thread (Run is CLOSED)

• Thread starter Stealthdjentstic
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

thrsher

\m/-_-\m/
Reaction score
So did he just take a bunch of orders to fund his move to California? Well, more orders. I know he had bought a new car soon after Vik guitars exploded as the next best thing on SSO.
probably. still hasn't delivered on either set of 8 string runs from 2013. amazes me that the few people that keep buying all his guitars still stick by him

Animus

Reaction score
I am in one of the 8 sting runs and I am $2500 in. Last I heard from Vic was 3 years ago almost exactly. Then he claimed they were almost completed and due to the climate he had to wait to do final varnish and he was going to NAMM so it would be a couple of months, or some such excuses. Vic has made no attempt to reach out and update on status.

That's interesting. I didn't know he had moved to the states. That actually gives those of us in the US more power to do something I think. There's the BBB and I would imagine legal recourses are easier and bad publicity. Might be interesting if we can get together all the customers who ordered stuff together and organize some kind of concerted action. I know there are at least two runs of 8 people and several individual builds that haven't gotten guitars after years. Vic is definitely actively taking new orders and building guitars on his Facebook which I follow.

I actually don't even care about getting the guitar anymore but I would definitely like to get my money back if possible. I definitely feel ripped off. I think it's safe to say by now we are not ever going to get our guitars and our money was mere donations.

Last edited:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

thrsher

\m/-_-\m/
Reaction score
If he is in the US on a work visa, people could certainly jeopardize that, the BBB can't really do anything. It really depends under what pretense he is in the US and status.

Animus

Reaction score
Yeah I know the BBB can't do much but that is bad publicity and getting the "word" out on his business practices. I actually will check for any BBB info on a company that I might do business with pretty consistently.

Last edited:

faceforward_007

Land of Ice and Snow
Reaction score
That was my posting on Reverb, unfortunately Vik flagged it and they decided to remove it because I currently did not have it in my possession, so it was removed. Glad you guys caught it tho
reverbvikcrop.jpg

Last edited:

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Yeah, I saw it on FB, but glad you got a screenshot before it was taken down!

One guy in the FB thread commented that bulb offered to do damage control for Vik in exchange for a free guitar, but Vik didn’t take him up on it. Is that true? Seems like a pretty opportunistic thing to do, so I’m wondering if he was mixing bulb up with someone else.

faceforward_007

Land of Ice and Snow
Reaction score
Like way back when he made the headless guitar comment? No, I believe Vik had a deposit from Misha to build a guitar, and when he made that comment, Misha pulled out from his build (and Nolly removed himself from his Vik signature), he then asked for his money back from Vik

ramses

Guitar/pizza regular
Contributor
Reaction score
That was my posting on Reverb, unfortunately Vik flagged it and they decided to remove it because I currently did not have it in my possession, so it was removed.

Does that mean that you can flag Vik's reverb account for not delivering on fully paid instruments???

faceforward_007

Land of Ice and Snow
Reaction score
Does that mean that you can flag Vik's reverb account for not delivering on fully paid instruments???
It wasn't bought through Reverb, so they can't flag Vik's page. They were helpful to talk with, great site, but since the purchase was from 2011 (which pre-dates Reverb.com lol) and it wasn't through the site, they couldn't pursue the issue further.

Velokki

GAS station
Reaction score
Tomas Raclavsky of Modern Day Babylon just posed with a new ViK. I just can't believe how ViK can steal money and continue, without honoring older, paid-for builds. As if nothing happened, it's just business as usual.

Latest posts