Vik Guitars - SS.org Run Build Thread (Run is CLOSED)

• Thread starter Stealthdjentstic
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jjcor

Reaction score
He has a Lefty for sale on Reverb thats gorgeous but all these stories over the years has made me not pull the trigger in fear that he wouldn't ship the guitar.

Ziricote

Reaction score
He has a Lefty for sale on Reverb thats gorgeous but all these stories over the years has made me not pull the trigger in fear that he wouldn't ship the guitar.

Wait this builder has had brand new guitars totally done and built and listed on the reverb website and then when purchased by customer in this manner he actually not shipped them before? This has happen like this?

KnightBrolaire

SSO's unofficial pickup tester
Reaction score
Wait this builder has had brand new guitars totally done and built and listed on the reverb website and then when purchased by customer in this manner he actually not shipped them before? This has happen like this?
no, they were talking about how Vik apparently built their custom build, which was paid for in full, and he either didn't actually build it, or he just hasn't cared about shipping it in the last 6 years (highly unlikely). If you do buy one through reverb, and he doesn't ship it, then reverb will protect you/get you your money back.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score
My mind is blown that fuckers like this can still just get out there and sell again without repercussions. I just emailed this thread to Reverb with a strong suggestion that he be banned from selling. I know he might not violate their policies if he's selling finished guitars, but I trust there are gear nerds there who would be incised on principle to do something about it.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
My mind is blown that fuckers like this can still just get out there and sell again without repercussions. I just emailed this thread to Reverb with a strong suggestion that he be banned from selling. I know he might not violate their policies if he's selling finished guitars, but I trust there are gear nerds there who would be incised on principle to do something about it.

No one cares.

Every now and then a Vik will pop up on social media, everyone gushes over it, one person might mention that he's a scammer, and the one or two people who don't completely ignore the comment just say, essentially, "so what".

Just about every shitty scammer builder still has a following of rubes. If the whole being a terrible person thing didn't sink this brand, not delivering to a couple of nobodies (don't mean that as an offense) on the internet isn't.

Just go to any BCR fan page. Everyone still treats Jr. like fucking Jesus.

GXPO

Reaction score
I understand that and even in that case I would never pay fully at first payment. Sure pay for the Materials and then pay the rest when its shipping, not when they say its ready but when its shipping.
I get what you're saying, but for a legit builder, you can't ship the guitar until it's fully paid off. Otherwise, you'd have people saying they're going to pay then running off with a 50% paid for guitar.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
No one cares.

Every now and then a Vik will pop up on social media, everyone gushes over it, one person might mention that he's a scammer, and the one or two people who don't completely ignore the comment just say, essentially, "so what".

Just about every shitty scammer builder still has a following of rubes. If the whole being a terrible person thing didn't sink this brand, not delivering to a couple of nobodies (don't mean that as an offense) on the internet isn't.

There's like 3 guys with living rooms full of Viks. So yea, you can protest, but it's basically these guys alone that can float his whole business. Though, I have to imagine with the flood of $3-4k viks on reverb this year that they may reconsider the idea of 10+ Viks as a good investment!

faceforward_007

Land of Ice and Snow
Reaction score
I msg'd Vik and said it was ridiculous that I keep seeing new builds for NAMM, on Reverb, and on FB, he doesn't care. Since he started my unfinished build in 2011, he's probably made about 20-30 guitars from scratch to completion. Anyway, hopefully my update will prevent another musician from losing their hard earned cash.

Synesthesia

Reaction score
I msg'd Vik and said it was ridiculous that I keep seeing new builds for NAMM, on Reverb, and on FB, he doesn't care. Since he started my unfinished build in 2011, he's probably made about 20-30 guitars from scratch to completion. Anyway, hopefully my update will prevent another musician from losing their hard earned cash.
So does he just not respond? or does he give excuses for the build not being done?

thrsher

\m/-_-\m/
Reaction score
It would be really satisfying to have a whole bunch of you guys that got screwed over show up and confront him at Namm while live-streaming it.
he shouldnt even be allowed to vend at NAMM given all the people he as screwed over

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
For a lot of vik customers, NAMM coverage is the closest one can get to the guitars they ordered -- and now you want to take that away from them too?

faceforward_007

Land of Ice and Snow
Reaction score
So does he just not respond? or does he give excuses for the build not being done?
He does both, he'll not answer emails or DM's for weeks/months, then i'll comment on his FB posts to check his emails, he usually responds after that, however he sent me an email recently stating that if I comment on his posts, he'll remove me from the group. And he always has excuses why the Saviour has not been finished. Last he said it was being shipped to California from Belarus in October, then end of Nov he said it was still in transit and he couldn't update the tracking info. He's been sick a few times, also didn't a hardware order, has NAMM and other shows to attend, been on vacation, the list just goes on and on

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score
For real, you think just because you wait this many years for a guitar that you have the RIGHT to disturb his vacation time? I mean, have some decency. :lol::lol:

mpexus

Reaction score
Why not pay him a visit at NAMM? Lost for 100 lost for 1000 but at least i would get some satisfaction...

Synesthesia

Reaction score
He does both, he'll not answer emails or DM's for weeks/months, then i'll comment on his FB posts to check his emails, he usually responds after that, however he sent me an email recently stating that if I comment on his posts, he'll remove me from the group. And he always has excuses why the Saviour has not been finished. Last he said it was being shipped to California from Belarus in October, then end of Nov he said it was still in transit and he couldn't update the tracking info. He's been sick a few times, also didn't a hardware order, has NAMM and other shows to attend, been on vacation, the list just goes on and on
Wow... thats brutal..
Thats nuts that he has the nerve to show up at namm with all of this going on

Reaction score
Why not pay him a visit at NAMM? Lost for 100 lost for 1000 but at least i would get some satisfaction...

For all of you who are near by, pay him a personal visit at NAMM (let's say, at the parking lot in the end of the show) with a baseball bat disguised as as a walking stick... just saying. You can always say "hey, nice of you for finishing my guitar after a decade long" and then take one from the rack...

Yul Brynner

Custom title
Reaction score
So did he just take a bunch of orders to fund his move to California? Well, more orders. I know he had bought a new car soon after Vik guitars exploded as the next best thing on SSO.