What game are you playing?

• Thread starter mark520
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
I had never progressed past the first floor of the castle before, but I also never owned a copy.

The camera is definitely one of the best and worst things about the game at the same time. :lol:

wankerness

Reaction score
It IS an interesting system, having a physical, visible object in the world that's holding a camera, and allowing an alternate camera that goes outside of that. I'm guessing they originally intended Lakitu to be the only camera in the game, and just ran into SO many problems that they whipped up the Mario cam in addition. Man, can it be a pain in the ass. I think 90% of the time I just used the zoomed out Mario cam.

I tried playing the DS port at some point. It uses stylus pressure to mimic the directional stick. It is very hard to get used to!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
Started Re:chain of Memories, said "eff this card game nonsense", watched a summary video, schlept through the 3 hours of 358/2 Days, and got right into KH2.

That said, now I get why those two games were needed to give KH2 any context.

wankerness

Reaction score
Finished Far Cry 5, started New Dawn, which I had no clue was coming out soon, let alone about a day before I finished 5. It has a weirdo Mad Max vibe with the enemies, and there are neon pinks everywhere, and it has stranger weapons, and I dunno. It's pretty good. I've really bought into these Ubisoft open world fill in the overworld games. :( So, here's another stupid game to use to delay starting Fist of the North Star and Spider-Man!

mongey

Reaction score
never been a huge Tetris fan but downloaded 99 .I was on the fence about getting an online membership and it just pushed me over the edge to sign up .Its fun, haven't cracked top 20 yet .23rd is my best

my wife loves Tetris and is competitive as fuck. so think she is going to get right into it

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
Played through Orwell this weekend - an interesting change compared to what I've been playing lately. The politics of the game are a little on-the-nose, but it makes a decent story. I expected to get bored of a game made up almost entirely of text, but it kept my interest. I was also worried that it might end up being a really cringy kind of "found phone" game with unconvincing characters, and it's not that. The characters are a little stereotype-y, but there's enough time spent developing them to get out of the weird boxes they kind of start in. Good stuff.

blacai

Reaction score
Installed the last expansion for Civilization VI, Gathering storm. Not bad. It adds enough changes into the gameplay.
I play Civ series since civ II and I would say the VI is being far better than V and I do not think IV is the best all time. So happy I can finally spend some more turns with this series again.

beerandbeards

All things must pass
Reaction score
Finished my 2nd run through Resident Evil 2 as Claire. That game was so fun and delightfully stressful especially with headphones on. Just to here Mr X’s foot steps! I recommend the game to anyone who enjoys the RE series or is looking for a fun single player.

Sooooo, I MIGHT get Anthem. Nothing else is on the horizon for me as MUST GET but my brother and nephew are picking it up so it should be a fun co-op experience. The micro transactions are aesthetics only so not an issue until EA tries some shady business. Even if I get a couple weeks of enjoyment from it I think it’ll be worth getting.

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
I think the next game(s) on my list are going to be the Splinter Cell games. I've only ever played small pieces of them, but I've always liked stealth games. Not sure when/where I got them, but I've got all of the steam ones already (which doesn't include the second game for some reason), so I started off on game 1 this weekend.

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
KH2 is fucking weird. So far I feel like a huge Disney fan said "fuck it, this game needs more Matrix."

I'm tempted to get Anthem because I already have a few friends committed via preorders, but I feel like I really should just go through my back catalogue for a while. Also, as weird as KH2 is, I really do want to get to KH3 as of right now.

wankerness

Reaction score
Anthem's a huge question mark right now, I would definitely not preorder it. It looks like it has Fallout 76 level of preorder burn possibilities.

beerandbeards

All things must pass
Reaction score
Anthem's a huge question mark right now, I would definitely not preorder it. It looks like it has Fallout 76 level of preorder burn possibilities.

Fallout 76 seemed unplayable at first and probably still. Anthem is at least operational so far minus long loads from current reviews (early releases for a premium can suck it EA). I feel like preordering is a gamble nowadays. I feel like everyone should wait at least a day if not a week before purchasing and reading multiple reviews.

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
KH2 is fucking weird. So far I feel like a huge Disney fan said "fuck it, this game needs more Matrix."

Now imagine playing that at launch without knowing all the hand held side stories. :lol:

The more I learn about KH3, the less I think of it. For one, aside from the Moogle save points, there's a suspicious absence of Final Fantasy characters from every promo and gameplay footage I've seen. And I smelt a rat, in this case a mouse. It's obvious Disney is the moneymaker on this crossover game, but to hide away most of the other half of the crossover is a bit much. Though I also suspect there will be a looming cloud of DLC with them over the horizon. Seriously Square Enix… :wallbash:

That, and the 14 years since KH2 haven't been kind. While I admit I was too old to even play 1 and 2 at the time, the Muppet Babies FF characters and the raging Squenix fanboyism lulled me in, blinding the gaping flaws of the original games. I'm remembering how the battle system was never really that good, being a hybridized Hack Slash meets JRPG menus, then getting repetitive and tedious. And by design, visiting the Disney individual worlds do little to the overall experience other than replaying how their respective movies go and already spoiled to those who already seen the movie. Visit world, go through the motions, have someone in a trenchcoat remind you it's a KH game, rinse and repeat.

I'll probably play this eventually since I'm already too deep in the stupid lore. :lol: But no way I'm paying 70 aud for it.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
Preordered Devil May Cry 5 today thanks to a discount from Green Man Gaming. Excited is an understatement for how I feel that it got brought back to Capcom after... whatever it was that Ninja Theory did. Still laugh to this day when I think of what a collosal douche the director of that "reboot" is for making Dante look like how he wished he looked. :lol:

35d7qc5.jpg

Latest posts