What game are you playing?

• Thread starter mark520
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Marv Attaxx

Reaction score
Just started playing infamous (thanks sony :lol:) and I like it so far!
Story and the dialogues are a little bit bland but the gameplay is awesome :yesway:

Mr. Big Noodles

Theory God
Reaction score
Terranigma. :hbang:
This is my first time playing through it and I love it, despite the non-canonical koalas hanging out in palm trees. Note my character's disdain.

terranigma-koala.jpg

Also, there are a lot of sailors in this game that are uncomfortable with their sexuality.

terranigma-homophobesailor.jpg

Other than that, Minecraft, Age of Empires III, Rock Band (not sure which one; whatever my brother plays with me), and, uh, dominoes.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mr. Big Noodles

Theory God
Reaction score
^ Nice choice! Terranigma is still pure win to this day. :yesway:

Yeah, this is pretty much how I felt when I started playing it:

Or maybe that was Earthbound. :lol: The 16 bit era churned out the best RPG's, in my opinion. The technology allowed for a full range of creative expression, yet its limitations assured that its own complexities wouldn't overwhelm the consumer. The last couple generations of consoles have been more about FPS's, which is all fine and good, but I have yet to see anything that's just awesome.

mikernaut

pixel pusher
Reaction score
I finished off Assassin's Creed BrotherHood , It was still solid but I got frustrated at alot of the "you can't be detected or you will desyncronized missions" . Made for alot of trial and error which isn't much fun.

Back to playing some Black Ops since there's kinda a "new" game drought right now.

Is it just me or is there a "super jumping dog" hack or something now where they leap/fly from like 50-75ft away? :(

Also picked up the new LA Noire case to play, when I'm in the mood.

Hey Vampire Genocide... You actually liked Singularity? I thought it was the definition of "mediocre FPS" but then again I worked on it and experienced 1st hand the dumbing down of ideas and gameplay , so I'm alittle biased, hah.

I was not happy at all at how the final "Catherine" was in the game. Totally wasted opportunities for that character and they did nothing Animation-wise and character devolpment-wise to bring her to life. So she was just a talking mannequin to order Renko around.

Alot of people got pissed off at that "Phase ticks" part, because your 1st instinct is to fight them, but basically you just have to run for it with your deadlock weapon to use as a safety sheild.

But LOL don't get me started on the puzzles.... seriously stopping fans and putting batteries in doors are challenging puzzles? :ugh: :noplease:

Ok end rant

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
I thought it was pretty solid. Frustrating at parts, but a good game. Maybe a little long. You worked on it though? That's fucking badass. :lol: The phase ticks did bother me, and the puzzles could've been cooler.

AxeHappy

Reaction score
Duke Nukem Forever. I seriously don't get any of the negative press it's gotten.

And I'm in the beta for Heroes 6 so it's replaced my Heroes 4 kick.

I'm also quite likely to get a copy of Fear 3 as I loved the first 2.

KDR

Reaction score
Rift its the only game I play on my PC
Angry Birds on my iPad.

Basically I'm cheap I dont really move on from a game til it brings me to tears boring or I've finished it.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Just restarted my game in God of War 3 :wub: Going through to get all Minotaur Horns, Phoenix Feathers and Gorgon Eyes then do it on Titan Mode since I got stuck at one part and didn't have enough health to get through it

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
You are a brave man.

I just got up to general rank in Halo Reach. I was going to save and get the haunted helmet, but you can't get that until the inheritor rank. Fuck that.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
I saw someone who had one of the special super duper ridiculous classes, and holy shit it's intimidating to see them

Mexi

Reaction score
I'm pretty late to the console world, so I'm finishing up Red Dead Redemption atm. though I'm playing through Civilization V and Splinter Cell: Conviction on the pc as well

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
I've seen a few mythics around. Thats a fuck load of credits. :|

That's the one! I kept thinking "Minion" and I knew it wasn't right; and yeah, it's fucking terrifying thinking of how many credits they've got and how little time.

That's part of the reason I stopped playing was that I felt like I plateaued in ranks and wasn't getting anything new, so why bother?

Mexi - Conviction is fucking sweet, I had a blast when I played it and might start over soon

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
They do credit jackpots now, so if you play in a certain gametype and don't quit, you can earn up to 30,000 credits. That helped me rank up a bit faster, I've gone from half way up Brigadier Grade 2 to about a fifth into General in a week.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
I've known about the credit jackpot but 30,000K?! Highest I've ever gotten is like 1,200 or some where in that area, 30,000 must be after you play like eight-million games of X type.

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
I've known about the credit jackpot but 30,000K?! Highest I've ever gotten is like 1,200 or some where in that area, 30,000 must be after you play like eight-million games of X type.

Nah man, I normally get it within 10 games. It doesn't take long.