What is your favorite wah in 2024?

• Thread starter soul_lip_mike
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

soul_lip_mike

Contributor
Reaction score
Thread title

I’ve been using Fractal for the past few years but I recently picked up an ENGL amp. I will be wasting money on some pedals again so I am wondering what your all favorite wah pedals are. The last one I owned was the Kirk Hammett cry baby. I was thinking of getting a dimebag crybaby if those still exist. I loved the one I had about 20 years ago.

gabito

Stay at home musician
Reaction score
My old Morley Pro Series Wah I have since 1996 and still does its thing like the first day I bought it.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
Dunlop EVH and it’s not even close for me. It’s the most vocal but never shrill.

But other contenders are the Dunlop Jerry Cantrell and AMT Japanese Girl because they have the darker modes.

Marked Man

Reaction score
I haven't used wah in ages, but still like my trusty Dunlop 535 Q.

And for something with a different voice, Morley Lynch Dragon 2.

More often than not, when I want some an effect other than delay, I'll use a phaser or octave pedal. I need to dig up the old wahs...

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Same it's always been. The Dunlop 95Q. Switchless wahs are life. I won't use anything else.
This, but I adjust the sweep to be darker.

Or the 535 Mini Auto-Return because I don't have to do the above lol.

I wish Dunlop still did auto-return mods, otherwise the Cantrell wah with a switch less mod would be my pick.

c7spheres

GuitArtist
Reaction score
This, but I adjust the sweep to be darker.

Or the 535 Mini Auto-Return because I don't have to do the above lol.

I wish Dunlop still did auto-return mods, otherwise the Cantrell wah with a switch less mod would be my pick.

I use to always do this too. It works really nice with the Rotovibe for just a little bit slower yet still plenty fast speeed in toe position. It makes it better imo, but for people trying this be aware you don't want to stand on the heel position afte that as the pot can break easier, though still very sturdy.

wheresthefbomb

Reaction score
It's been years since I wah'd but if I got another one it would be my third 535Q. Never tried anything else, because it always delivered. Fun story, one time I accidentally left my 535Q on in the treble position for 3/4 of a show, didn't realize until I got to the one part of the one song I used it in and it was already on. No wonder I kept thinking I sounded unusually bright that night...

Anyway, dudes were raving about my t0an when we finished. So... always-on wah=t0an secret sauce.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I don't have a wah currently but used a 535q for bass for a number of years. I would absolutely buy one again for guitar or bass.

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
I mainly switch between an RMC Wizard Wah and a Dunlop 95Q nowadays. Occasionally I'll use the RMC Joe Walsh sig when certain sessions call for it.
I probably should find a way to get the RMCs converted to switchless.

I also liked the Vox V847 Char sig on the brief time I played it. I probably should buy one some time.

Shask

Reaction score
I like the Crybaby Mini.

If you are into DIY, the Pedal PCB Tearjerker is a cool mod board.

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Reaction score
None, I have perused the offerings over the last few years here and there. I might do the JAM Wahcko if I was inclined to get another wah. It kind of burns me I have one of those Snarling Dogs feature-rich wahs from 25 years ago.....but the treadle detente thing broke and then I broke it some more trying to do the DIY fix. I should Marie Kondo it and never think of it again.

NexusMT

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I own the Petrucci Wah and while i like it and does the Petrucci thingy perfectly I would buy today the Wylde Wah or the Bad Horsie Wah.

I feel that the Petrucci Wah has a huge swipe and it's too vocal. Kind of reminds of me of a Talk Box.

Shask

Reaction score
I own the Petrucci Wah and while i like it and does the Petrucci thingy perfectly I would buy today the Wylde Wah or the Bad Horsie Wah.

I feel that the Petrucci Wah has a huge swipe and it's too vocal. Kind of reminds of me of a Talk Box.
You should be able to change all the EQ and Q controls and such inside the Petrucci Wah. It is basically just a repackage of the Dunlop Rack Wah.