What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
Bro! Selling my Theta Combo is one of my greatest regrets in gear selling. The clean tone alone was enough to make that amp worth keeping. Literally never heard a better clean from anything
Not getting a Theta head for $600 is a regret of mine.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MatrixClaw

Whoaaa No Way!!!
Reaction score
I feel like I never fully love what I have in the moment, then sell it, then listen to old recordings Inmade with that gear and think “damn that sounded great what was I thinking?”
There are only a few things I regret selling, most of them because of what they're worth now (ie: a Blackmachine B2 and my Bogner 30w 100b prototype), but the piece of gear I regret selling because of cost and because I don't know wtf I was thinking was... The USA Jackson SL2H. I traded it for an electric drum set back when they were only worth like $1200. I have yet to own a guitar that I thought sounded better than that one with the BKP Nailbombs it had in it and I have zero interest in buying one now because the cost of them is insane. I got rid of it because I didn't want the Floyd Rose, which is fair cause I don't want one now, either... But it was a great guitar!

I also very much regret getting rid of my dad's old Sunn Concert Lead head. It was the first "real" amp I owned and I traded it for a 5150 combo because it didn't get me the sound I wanted at all... But I wish I would've kept it because it was my dad's from when he played and as I get older, I've realized how dumb it was to let go of that as a keepsake. I've actually had a WTB ad for it locally for over a year but nothing has come up. I still have the guy I traded it to's email and phone number but the phone is disconnected and he hasn't replied to emails.

youngthrasher9

Ur Mom Is Too Much Gain
Reaction score
Bro! Selling my Theta Combo is one of my greatest regrets in gear selling. The clean tone alone was enough to make that amp worth keeping. Literally never heard a better clean from anything
Agreed. I traded mine into GC and the employee testing it was considering buying it for this very reason.

Reaction score
I haven't posted in this thread for a long time, some things came and gone, but, it kind of feels I'm in the same spot as before...

... as far as gear coming in within the next few months, I'm aiming at a reamp box from Radial Engineering, most likely the JCR - https://www.radialeng.com/product/jcr
1717757669839.png
... anyone experienced with this thing? I'd be using the audio interface as a guitar DI paired with this thing...

soldierkahn

BAD MAMMA-JAMMA
Contributor
Reaction score
Not trying to rub it in but... that's a nice guitar. I forgot they made an RGA in the uppercut line.

Yeah, it was my biggest butthead move. I ended up trading it off for an RG7680-LTD1, and eventually traded that off for my current KxK Sii-7. Im now in the process of converting an JCRGA8420 into a 27" baritone RGA6UCS. Its been expensive to do, but its the only way i can correct the mistake. Ive tried to find an RGA6UCS ever since getting rid of mine, and no dice.

crushingpetal

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Yeah, it was my biggest butthead move. I ended up trading it off for an RG7680-LTD1, and eventually traded that off for my current KxK Sii-7. Im now in the process of converting an JCRGA8420 into a 27" baritone RGA6UCS. Its been expensive to do, but its the only way i can correct the mistake. Ive tried to find an RGA6UCS ever since getting rid of mine, and no dice.
After your post I went searching for the RGA uppercut and got your FS listing here. 🤦‍♂️

Absolutely post the JCRGA conversion.