Who's Been Drinkin'?

• Thread starter Chris
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
Just ordered the ingredients for my next brew :eek: It's gonna be some pink grapefruit IPA, let's see how that turns out...

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Empryrean

angery gear acquirer
Reaction score
havin myself a glass of glenmorangie 10 and jammin some revocation while I browse the interweb. pretty good night honestly.

beerandbeards

All things must pass
Reaction score
Picked up a bottle of Woodfor Reserve Double Oaked. The nose was chocolate covered cherries, maybe carrot cake. Taste was the same but finished with espresso and a hint of hazelnut. It is a delicious non-challenging bourbon

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
nice

are you using grapefruit juice or just the peel in the boil ?

Just the peel I think - I was thinking about putting both but then it might be a bit overpowering.

As for drinking: I turned 30 on Saturday and drank so much beer, I'm still a bit hungover now :lol:

mongey

Reaction score
Just the peel I think - I was thinking about putting both but then it might be a bit overpowering.

As for drinking: I turned 30 on Saturday and drank so much beer, I'm still a bit hungover now :lol:
yeah, Think its one of those things it will take a few batches to dial in right. better to start small

I like the brew dog Elvis juice grapefruit IPA . I need to brew it one day

brew wise its in autumn here now so time for some darker beers .

next weekend going to brew an 5.5% american brown ale which I am using as a yeast starter for a arrogant bastard ale clone after that

mongey

Reaction score
Arrogant Bastard is my favorite beer ever.

its def one of my faves. especially as a winter beer .My local bottle shop can't get it anymore so brewing my own. may take a few batches to get it right

but my version will be $2 a 750ml vs $12 for a pint can at the shop ,so I wont have my wife rolling her eyes every time i have one

sezna

undermotivated
Contributor
Reaction score
Just had some of the Kilchoman ImPex sherry cask...didn’t taste like sherried scotch to me. :2c:

KnightBrolaire

SSO's unofficial pickup tester
Reaction score
Just bought the Arrogant Bastard Enter Night Pilsner and it tastes like shit. It tastes more like an IPA than a traditional pilsner with how hoppy it is. It's not terribly bitter but the hoppy/resin taste does not work in a pilsner at all imo.
This is the worst thing Metallica has collaborated on since Lulu :lol:

beerandbeards

All things must pass
Reaction score
This is the worst thing Metallica has collaborated on since Lulu :lol:

They did collaborate with Master Distiller Dave Pickerall to create Blackened Whiskey. I haven’t tried it because I can’t find it. I heard mixed or mediocre reviews on it. Dave Pickerall was a super famous and respected distiller so I’d say it could be enjoyable

KnightBrolaire

SSO's unofficial pickup tester
Reaction score
They did collaborate with Master Distiller Dave Pickerall to create Blackened Whiskey. I haven’t tried it because I can’t find it. I heard mixed or mediocre reviews on it. Dave Pickerall was a super famous and respected distiller so I’d say it could be enjoyable
ehh I'll pass, I'm not a big whiskey fan. As far as band related beers go, the megadeth beer collab with Unibroue was pretty good, same with the Trooper Ale from Robinsons.

sezna

undermotivated
Contributor
Reaction score
im a huge whiskey fan, scotch and bourbon. Blackened is pretty much a low end bourbon being priced at $50.

BlackSG91

Loves Black Guitars & Meng Mengs
Reaction score
I don't drink anymore but when I did I drank a whole assortment of beers and spirits. As far as band related brews go I had this one a few times and I must say it was pretty good and it did the trick. It tasted almost like your typical German beer.

11192899502110.png

;>)/

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score

I didn't even notice really being that drunk, but I had a fair bit of a hangover the next day :lol: We had a bunch of friends over at our place and BBQ'd stuff and made donuts and all that stuff. Apart from drinking it, me and my friend finally started brewing the grapefruit IPA I mentioned earlier, and it's now been in the fermenter for almost a week, bubbling away nicely.
:cheers: