Why are you happy right now?

TauSigmaNova

Guitarist Wannabe.
Reaction score
Bought my first sevenstring, a Banshee 7 passive in TBB. Can't wait for it to come.

Also, I'm done with my Early-Action app for MIT, just have to send it off.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Don Vito

Reaction score
Went drinking with a nice girl at the rocky horror picture show :), bought a new computer this morning, cooked japanese curry for lunch, and best of all no ....ing homework :cheers:

Sauna. I can't understand how foreign people even cope without it. :hbang:
I just go outside.

JEngelking

Gravity is Shifting!
Reaction score
FINALLY got through to Peachtree Global about my Magic Marble paints not being shipped, apparently their systems were down for three days last week (which I don't think totally explains the delay with my order which was placed a while before that), but at least I'm making progress now. Sounds like my order should get shipped in the next day or two. :)

And for a final update: Today, after emailing them again to ask for any more updates because I still haven't received them, I got home to a nice surprise: my paints. :lol:

I then received an email back right away, saying they were being shipped today to which I responded saying they must have been in an earlier order, since I just got them.

Their response? "Oh, well you'll be getting another order then. Just keep it free of charge for the trouble."

Well, don't mind if I do. :lol:

TechDeathWannabe

Reaction score
Past two nights have been refreshing when I pick up my guitar, rather than seeming obligatory or like it's just to take a break.

Oh. And I came across Butcher Babies in my suggested videos on YT, and decided to check out some of their music. That was a nice discovery. :agreed:

flint757

Reaction score
I just wish we could get a laptop with touchscreen/digitizer, good battery life AND solid GPU. Surface Book looks promising with a discrete GPU, but it will likely be under powered. Decisions decisions. If I were in the market at the moment for a laptop the surface Pro 4 or the Surface Book would be at the top of my list. Nice grab. :yesway:

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
I took a chance on a Kiesel SCB7 and I couldn't be any happier! Will definitely buy more once I regenerate my GAS fund.

broj15

Reaction score
my bands recording our first ep this weekend and then we're going to see Deafheaven on monday. Unbelievably stoked.

Just an update on this. Recording went as good as it could have all things considered (bass amp started making this weird buzzing noise that would mysteriously disappear and then reappear an hour later, drums mics were guaranteed delivery 2 days before recording, but they didn't even arrive at the local distribution facility until the day of recording, thus causing us to mic the snare with an sm57 :nuts::ugh:, and our vocalist came down with something causing him to totally lose his voice, and we were recording in a 10' x 15' room with concrete floors and plywood walls). I'm more or less pleased with the overall turnout though I have a few complaints (kick could've used a little more punch, snare could have less ping, and while my chording and single note stuff sounds great the chugs sound weaker than they do live in certain parts). We decided we're going to try again in a few weeks now that we have the drum mics and can hopefully track down a better room to record in. We should also have our new material finalized and tight enough to record by then as well.
On the flip side the Deafheaven show was almost like a religious experience. I got to touch George and he made eye contact with me causing me to fangirl just a little bit. They played about half of the new album, Kettle, and Dreamhouse and Sunbather for an encore. Tribulation was amazing as well. I came in expecting nothing and left as a huge fan.

Me and my friend are planning on going to "hardcore halloween" this friday so I can wear my hunter S. Thompson costume and fight dance :lol:, and then some friends are having a big costume party on Saturday. It's nice when life is good for once. Lets see how long it lasts.

Devyn Eclipse Nav

Avid Open C Enthusiast, Aspiring Ghibli Wizard
Reaction score
MY HERNIA REPAIR SURGERY IS ON MONDAY

I just wanted to get this fixed, I was sick of being a useless asshole - now granted, I'll still be a useless asshole for a few weeks after the surgery for the recovery, but the big thing is now I can play with the band that wanted me to gig with them later in november - enough time will have passed that I'll be able to do it! I'm hella excited, I played bass with them in july, now I'm filling in on guitar! Gonna be exciting!

The surgery itself, not so much - gotta get some labs done tomorrow, which means an 8 hour fast before that, and then no solid food, just clear liquids for 24 hours before the surgery itself. So this weekend is gonna suck ass, but if it means getting this fixed and over with faster, then thank ....

BrailleDecibel

Member Of The 27" Club
Reaction score
Yes! :agreed: I thought I was the only who liked them! They got some tasty tunes if i do say so myself.

I'm also a fan! I was gonna see them with Devil You Know and Black Label Society last year, but we wound up getting to the show late and only caught "Magnolia Blvd." before they finished up their set. :noplease: Got to meet them after the show, though, they seemed like pretty cool people, and Devil You Know was amazing, so I consider that a win. BLS, not so much...it was cool to see them with Chad Szeliga on drums, though, as he's one of my favorite drummers going back to when he was in Sw1tched.

TechDeathWannabe

Reaction score
All five Spider-Man movies, for $25. So basically $5 each. And to buy them separately at the local Walmart, original trilogy - $7 each, newer movies $10-15. So, no, that's not spectacular savings or an amazing and unheard of deal. But it's still nice to save some money and still have all five movies. :shrug:

Also, PS3 savings = complete. Now to get off of my metaphorical ass and actually buy one, or to wait until Black Friday/my birthday, and try and save some money on that too. :D

Attachments

• 2015-11-01 23.11.00.jpg
    2015-11-01 23.11.00.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 0

tacotiklah

I am Denko (´・ω・`)
Reaction score
I had a fantastic show on Halloween and I got pretty plastered while there too. I also loved how metal everyone was trying to look for this and I show up in a pink shirt and with bunny ears. :lol:

Have some pics...

halloween%20show%201_zpspkpm7nfp.jpg

halloween%20show%204_zpsbpsdfvwb.jpg

halloween%20show%203_zpse9kgktsd.jpg

halloween%20show%202_zpsbeyet4na.jpg