Why are you happy right now?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Seybsnilksz

Reaction score
This thread has 25 more pages than the "Why are you mad"-thread, and that one has existed for 9 days more. Does that mean that people have more to be happy about than to be mad about?

Anyways I'm happy for you guys :wavey:

chaneisa

Marc Spector
Reaction score
Fallout 4, and I just set up some lessons with one of my favorite guitarists to teach me some of his songs on bass and guitar.

Pav

???
Reaction score
Last night I replaced a couple crappy old wall outlets in my house with some newfangled outlets that have USB ports built right into them. It was my first time tinkering with "home wiring" and it was so easy, I just want to replace every outlet in this house with something new and pretty. :lol:

CaptainD00M

Lungsman
Reaction score
Just listened to the latest rendering of my Band's first recording, so close to being done. Samples, mixing and one Bass line re-record. My designer is on the art work and if I'm lucky I can get it out before I go to India. Boo Yaa :D

tacotiklah

I am Denko (´・ω・`)
Reaction score
I was feeling bummed about not being able to get Fallout 4, but it's like Blizzard sensed my pain and added a +2,000% legendary item drop rate on Diablo 3:Reaper of Souls.

This definitely eases the sting of no FO4 for me. :D

TGOD

The Wiz
Reaction score
Made hamburgers for a family get-together tonight, the first time I ever grilled hamburgers in mass, for a big amount of people.

They were ....ing delicious.

Pat_tct

Reaction score
life is good atm. sure there are things i would like to change, but overall it's cool.
after not writing music for month i finally got over that writers block and got some songs down and recorded them.

i was in the studio for my main band and all vocals are recorded. we are currently waiting for the mixed/mastered version of our new album. so we can relax a little after some extremely stressful weeks.

and i for 2 month now i go bouldering 3 or 4 times a week and i can really see some improvement. i am fit and healthy. i lost some weight and gained some muscles.
it's super fun.
together with that my eating habits have improved and been stable for the last 10 weeks or so.

Vostre Roy

Disciple of Djod
Reaction score
My band opened for The Agonist in my hometown last weekend. We had a blast. And I got a raise at my job.

Wish I could had been there, seems like it was a good show

To get back on this thread's topic, I'm going back to my place tomorrow. Already hit the -40°C/°F here, never thought I'd say that but I miss the hot weather of my hometown lol...

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Getting more details about the projects I might be going back to work on, and they're both pretty big deals. Like, "Holy crap if these go on a resume, I can be set for some good jobs down the line," big.

The one thing I wasn't able to get was a time frame of how long I'd be working, if it was contractually (which scares me because by the time I'm let go, bills will still be coming in) or full-time (which my former boss wants to do anyways)

asher

So Did We
Reaction score
Getting more details about the projects I might be going back to work on, and they're both pretty big deals. Like, "Holy crap if these go on a resume, I can be set for some good jobs down the line," big.

The one thing I wasn't able to get was a time frame of how long I'd be working, if it was contractually (which scares me because by the time I'm let go, bills will still be coming in) or full-time (which my former boss wants to do anyways)

Any deets you can share?

ThePhilosopher

Reason User
Reaction score
I'm signing up for my final semester of courses before graduation: Data Mining and MS Capstone.

AxeHappy

Reaction score
I posted for a shipping & receiving job at work, and despite having the 2nd least seniority in the plant I got it! Which means nobody else posted for it, but it is an easy enough job so far and they can't just throw me around from job to job anymore. I was a supplemental material handler (technically posted to an assembly line but we are always short material handlers) so I would just get put onto whatever job needed doing. Often with no training. Which is unpleasant when it is your job to make sure that an assembly line has all the parts it needs to run.

My benefit card also came in today. That is pretty sweet.

Ebart

Reaction score
Because the end of my 21 unit semester is in sight, and next semester I've only got 9 units then graduation.

Dusty Chalk

Reaction score
I was watching a couple episodes, and when I went to get up, there was a puddle of cats at my feet -- once I realized that there were two cats down there, I gave up on getting up. Couldn't really figure out how to do it without stepping on one or the other, so I just stayed put.

I'm just happy they're getting along well enough that they don't mind being within a couple of inches of each other.