6 string or 7 string?....

• Thread starter infernalreaper
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ibanez Rg 1570 or Ibanez Rg 1527?

• Rg 1570

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rg 1527

Votes: 44 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

infernalreaper

Reaction score
hey guys i need ur help....i hav the option of either buying an Ibanez Rg1570 or an Ibanez Rg1527...well i really leanin 2wards da rg1527...but the problem is dat my band covers songs dat r played in standard 6 string tuning..so i need to know if i buy the 7 string will i b able 2 play the band songs widouut ne hassle?...coz i really wanna a buy da 1527...plz help guys...than in advance!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BlindingLight7

Needs moar Gear.....
Reaction score
a 7 string is just a 6 string with a B string on the low end, so you still have you EADGBE tuning but with the 7th tuned to B , so you'll be fine.

Harry

Doom man of Doom.
Contributor
Reaction score
Dude, a 7 string has all the strings on a 6 string guitar, and more, no problems there.

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score
I'm gonna say go with the RG1527. Of course I'm a bit biased, as you can see from my Profile.

Like other people said, you will still have your top 6 strings the same.

The most important thing to remember is to buy a guitar that YOU will be happy with. I made the mistake of buying a guitar that my friends would want me to have in their band, instead of what I wanted. I call this; the mistake of the Gibson SG Special.

infernalreaper

Reaction score
hey thanx for the quick replies guys...i know what the tuning of a 7 string is..just wanted opinions from experienced guys like u'll..coz the main problem is that i havent actually played the Rg1527 yet...im gonna b ordering it online...so i dont wanna regret this decision..how different is the neck from an Rg1570...& wats the guage of a low B string?..

7 Dying Trees

Forum MVP
Reaction score
7th Ethereal Plane of interstellar hell, Innit Bru
Well, you'll have a little period adjusting to it, but, in all honesty, actually playing 6string covers on the 7 will probably make you adapt to it much quicker :)

I wouldn't worry about the neck at all. It'll feel bigger because of the width, but generally will appease you if you like ibanez necks ;)

jymellis

Talk To DeWalt
Reaction score
:bowdown:7

guages are kinda personal preference. anything from 54-58 is kinda common i beleive. i know off hand that an ernie ball set of 7 string regular slinkys are 10-56. 56 being the 7th.

zorn

Reaction score
Maybe you should also post this poll on sixstring.org as well...
...just to make sure!

Neil

Reaction score
^ rofl

Its very easy to play 6 string on 7 string, I am currently learning master of puppets on my 27" 7 string, so thats pretty tough, but nothing to do with the 7th string being there.

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score
hey thanx for the quick replies guys...i know what the tuning of a 7 string is..just wanted opinions from experienced guys like u'll..coz the main problem is that i havent actually played the Rg1527 yet...im gonna b ordering it online...so i dont wanna regret this decision..how different is the neck from an Rg1570...& wats the guage of a low B string?..

The stock gauge is 9-54. I have 10-56 on mine in standard tuning and the tension is perfect for me.

infernalreaper

Reaction score
hmm...btw is the tone of the rg1527 heavy enough?...coz i know chris broderick achieved a great tone out of his...also he played all of megadeth's songs on his 7..so dats inspirin enuf for me..& can the trem take heavy whammy abuse? coz i like to abuse the trem a lot! lol!!

Neil

Reaction score
^ you will probably have to swap the pups on the R1527

and yes the trem can take abuse, it has anamazing trem

PlagueX1

Banned
Reaction score
Did you just post this on the SEVEN STRING FORUM. Lol. I think we're going to be a little biased.

7 string in all seriousness. It's like a 6 only COOLER. lol