Abasi Concepts/Larada Megathread

BuckarooBanzai

Reaction score
How can Frank embezzle from his own LLC?

This runs completely counter to the entire point of a business being a legal entity distinct from its owners. In your mind are the business's assets yours personally? How would creditors be made whole when the business defaults on its financial obligations? Are you a child?

**EDIT: clarity

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SubzeroJake

Reaction score
I think it's along the lines of if business partner A request funds from business partner B for a specific reason I.E. raw materials or parts, and the funds get spent on anything other than what was agreed upon then it can be considered misappropriation of money. And if the checks were written to partner A directly and not partner A's business then partner B has even more of a right to know what the money was spent on.

skmanga

Reaction score
If anything this has put Falbo on the ergo/6-7-8 string/mulsticale guitar map.
Would Falbo even be headed in that direction solo, had it not been for his partnership with Tosin?
Had anyone ever asked Falbo for that kind of build before? Had he ever built anything like that before for a customer?

He sure can at this point it seems.

Can someone please explain how a false embezzlement accusation against Frank Falbo would hurt him?

diagrammatiks

Reaction score
This runs completely counter to the entire point of a business being a legal entity distinct from its owners. In your mind are the business's assets yours personally? How would creditors be made whole when the business defaults on its financial obligations? Are you a child?

**EDIT: clarity

Would explain a lot of luthier meltdowns. Ayyy it’s all my money. Gonna buy some beer.

Reaction score
I don't know, Tosin hasn't provided any evidence, so we're only going on his word. He's also stating rather factually that Frank embezzled, so I'd think if that's not the case then there is surely a possibility of a slander suit.

Not that I'm saying Frank was sloppy, but is sloppy accounting enough to prove intent?
I have to be honest..your arguments for your friend are paper thin, and weak...

By the sounds of the legal matter at hand.. Tosin would have been instructed by his lawyer not to post such evidence on a forum for incredibly obvious reasons...

And Frank, who I'm sorry to say is obviously guilty of something, has been told to remain silent to avoid making his case much more worse than it is...

I should point out this is just an observation from personal experience; the guilty or ones in the shit are usually told by their lawyer/attorney/legal rep to zip their mouth.. I am sure if he had done nothing wrong he would be here to defend himself...

Again, just an observation.

I should point out that just because someone is your friend & you like them, doesn't absolve them of wrong doing.. We have all had friends who we never thought would do something shitty or fucked up.. It's life...

At this point, I say if you want to stick up for him, avoid semantics and talk hard facts.

diagrammatiks

Reaction score
Since all the dirty laundry appears to be hanging out to dry, I'll add my two cents- Frank spent like an hour on the phone with me, telling me a sob story and throwing Tosin under the bus. Then asked him to report back anything Tosin told ME about HIM. It was, uh, weird.

This feels like a joke only you could tell. That can’t be real

GunpointMetal

Reaction score
Sounds like everyone is being very professional surrounding the whole thing. If I was Abasi, I probably would have been a little salty to see a "custom" guitar come out with so many obvious design elements lifted from his design and I'd probably bomb Falbo, too. Even if you subtract all the accusations and drama, Falbo guitars put out a subpar product way behind schedule and that relationship would have been over anyways.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Since all the dirty laundry appears to be hanging out to dry, I'll add my two cents- Frank spent like an hour on the phone with me, telling me a sob story and throwing Tosin under the bus. Then asked him to report back anything Tosin told ME about HIM. It was, uh, weird.

Well, the big takeaway I get from this is that at least Frank DOES have some kind of alternative perspective to what happened, so at least we know that exists even if we haven't heard it here. As far as asking what Tosin said about him, look... the guy's reputation has taken a hit a number of ways and there's a lot of 'he said/she said' going on, so it's not especially surprising or damaging (IMO) that he'd want to know what's being said.

Definitely an awkward situation for you to be in but unexpected (considering the circumstance), not necessarily.

Juicy as the whole thing is, I'll be happy to see this all over and done with.

Reaction score
Is it time for the free stuff now? Where do I sign in?

Now seriously, this is only but a shame do the business. We live and learn...

axxessdenied

Arium Addict
Reaction score
IF there is a pending criminal case against Frank it's really in his best interest not to say anything as it could be used against him. Whether he is guilty or innocent. Say one wrong thing and poof, there goes any chance you have. That's basically the first legal advice any lawyer will give you is to stay quiet and let them play the system to your advantage.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
And Frank, who I'm sorry to say is obviously guilty of something,

Damn dude, hope to not have you on my jury.

Even if you subtract all the accusations and drama, Falbo guitars put out a subpar product way behind schedule and that relationship would have been over anyways.

Have you played one?

C'mon guys, don't be the mob. I think it's totally possible that things could have gone down as Tosin said they did, but jeez, no one gains anything from rushing to the gallows.

Watty

Naturally Cynical
Reaction score
Nevermind. Not worth it.

Has anything said necessarily been “worth it” up until now? Just curious as to where the bar is relative to coming to your friends defense in general.

Regardless, I wish one of them would simply post a hard confirmation that there is either a lawsuit filed that precludes the possibility for further discussion by either party (unlikely since Tosin continues to post details that seem bordering above statements of fact) or reveal more information to close this out, have to keep refreshing every afternoon to find out what’s happened like some sitcom...

Demiurge

Reaction score
^In many states, civil suits can be searched online, so if people are really that nosy it can probably be found if one knows which county it was filed in.

SurfingAlpaca

Reaction score
Jeez, everybody's got a razor these days.
Hanlon's razor is a principle that states: "never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity". Basically I don't want to believe Falbo did this out of pure malice; not because I have anything to do with him (I only heard about him due to this thread tbh) but because I'm not a judge. I must say I do love this thread though. The drama is great. Also people who linked me to the kiesel thread thank you very much