Abasi Concepts/Larada Megathread

Jack McGoldrick

Reaction score

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Señor Voorhees

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I really am hoping for the best, but even the best case scenario for tosin looking for a lawer on facebook isn't good.

The silver lining is that they outright mentioned "refunds" to the orders they're planning on abandoning. It's not great, but I'm thinking (maybe hoping?) that the fact that they're going for an in-stock model and cancelling the initial orders and stating from the get go that they're refunding deposits is a bitter-sweet outcome. People might have to settle for something different/not get anything at all, but if people get their money back, then that's a great thing in my eyes. Certainly starting on a better foot than something like s7g who took people's money, lost their shit one way or another, then started taking new orders before fulfilling old ones as if tragedy absolves you from filling past commitments.

Abasi concepts still has room to make it right, but they're very much on shaky/disolving/disolved grounds, imo. I certainly won't be buying anything from them until they get on more sure grounds. (though, to be honest, I'm not in the market for guitars 2k+ anyway, so I'm likely to not buy anything regardless.) My broke ass has a hard time justifying anything over $1300 for anything "high end," and that's nothing compared to what most people consider high end.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I was wondering why Grover was doing more work for Dave Friedman than there was Abasi guitars being sent out.

I uh... Guess this explains why.

wannabguitarist

Contributor
Reaction score
Don't really have any kind of insider info, just devils advocate I guess. I did see this though:

View attachment 72326

Ronald Bienstock is a pretty big deal. His site doesn't list Grover as a client, so there's no way to confirm whether it's related to the guitars or not.

https://scarincihollenbeck.com/attorneys/ronald-s-bienstock/

Jesus fucking Christ :lol:

"Yeah the individual my client is suing/getting sued by just posted on Facebook asking for a litigator. I'm feeling pretty good about this case."

Vyn

Not a Sparkly Vampire
Contributor
Reaction score
he's still an accountant. Metal don't pay the bills yo

Actually he doesn't do that work anymore in a traditional sense, he just runs Solar Guitars and does YouTube now. Can't remember when however in an FAQ a while ago he mentioned he quit his day job at the company he worked for.

KnightBrolaire

Say yes to Chugs
Reaction score
Actually he doesn't do that work anymore in a traditional sense, he just runs Solar Guitars and does YouTube now. Can't remember when however in an FAQ a while ago he mentioned he quit his day job at the company he worked for.
I thought he still did freelance accounting or something.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I thought he still did freelance accounting or something.

He said he planned on doing that, but eventually just quit doing it entirely. He said it timed perfectly with Chris Barnes asking him to join SFU.

But yeah, Ola did everything right with Solar Guitars. Plan everything before revealing shit. :lol:

Have the models already designed, have them built and ready to ship, have a release date ready, and THEN have the big reveal. Sell everything in batches to check for hype, and if they do well, THEN make them full production models.

diagrammatiks

Reaction score
Sorry to be that guy, but if you can't invest 50k Dollars for a small run of 50-100 guitars, you probably shouldn't start a business in the first place. Funding your production with partial pre-payments is a ponzy scheme, not a business model.

That’s what I’m saying.

Why don’t people stop doing this.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Based on that Bienstock thing, he could be representing Grover, Falbo, or Ibanez. It’s not like lawsuits move quickly, so who knows - it could be Ibanez going after Tosin. Bienstock did used to work for Hoshino/Ibanez....