Best concert....

• Thread starter Dawn of the Shred
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

blaaargh

Git Fuuuuuuuuuuucked
Reaction score
Mastodon and Dillinger Escape plan last year was nuts, especially DEP though. They were wild. Swans was the loudest concert I've been to. Isis on their farewell tour was the most emotional (and that was also the night I was introduced to the Melvins).

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kiwimetal101

'Tread Lightly'
Reaction score
I havent been to many and we get shit all down here..

But my favorite would have to be the BTBAM and AAL tour, was the first time they've ever played here to. It was amazing man, me and my mate where buzzing the whole night and the next day at work.. Plus Tommy passed me the mic in White Walls..

abandonist

Banned
Reaction score
The one where a kid kept pulling at my shoe on stage trying to trip me and I hit him in the face with an iron mic stand base.

I know he went to the hospital, but I have no idea if he's alive or dead. We finished the song and booked. I definitely cracked his skull.

It's not "cool" or anything, but it's super memorable.

Otherwise, Sigur Ros in a tiny club in Boston while I was hobo-ing.

Arsenal12

nub
Reaction score
I've been to hundreds of shows over the years.. these stand out:

Jesus Lizard - Sonar Baltimore 2009
Helmet - 9:30 Club 1992
Nirvana - 9:30 Club 1990 (opening for Loop)
Iron Maiden - Merriweather Post Pavillion MD 1985 (Powerslave tour, my first concert)
Voivod/Soundgarden/Faith No More - The Bayou DC 1990 (yes Voivod headlined this show)
My Bloody Valentine - The National Richmond, VA 2009
Ozzy Osbourne/Metallica - Merriweather 1986
Slayer - Hammerjacks Baltimore 1990 Seasons In the Abyss tour

thesnowdog

Reaction score
Dream Theater, Sydney, '08

...after waiting 20 years and the total cluster fuck during Metropolis only made it more enjoyable.

Clapton/Trucks/Bramhall, Sydney, '06 (I think) is a close second.

Fleetwood Mac, Sydney, '10 is an honourable mention.

I guess they were all extra enjoyable as I'd waited so long to see all three and they were all great shows.

Manurack

Nunavut Inuk
Reaction score
Mine was 5 bands in one night... God Forbid, Municipal Waste, As I Lay Dying, Children of Bodom, then finally LAMB OF GOD on the No Fear Energy 2009 tour! :hbang: Lamb of God were touring in support of Wrath :metal:

Me and my buddy had front row too :metal:

23768_10150156082520174_5265931_n.jpg

23768_10150156082570174_2007598_n.jpg

I MET RANDY BLYTHE FUCK YEAH!!! :hbang: :hbang: :hbang:
23768_10150156082735174_2125332_n.jpg

Fuck Yeah, Lamb of God are so sick live!!! :shred:
23768_10150156082745174_2371247_n.jpg

Randyrhoads123

Got a 7
Reaction score
Iron Maiden this past year in Colorado, they played their Maiden England set which was awesome, wish they played more dates in the US for their Somewhere Back In Time tour .... Lamb of God on Dec 8th, was my first time seeing them and it was crazy.... Only other ones that I would say would be Ozzy, but he always puts on a good show, then maybe Alter Bridge and same goes for them.

Edit: I lied, I actually saw LOG when they headlined for FreeFest or OzzFest 2007, but I only knew one song from them and that was because of guitar hero:lol::noplease:. Now I have all their albums and was up in front of the stage the whole show rather than being 100 yards away in seats!

Bauer91

Reaction score
Haven't been to that many but without a doubt the Between the Buried and Me and Animals As Leaders show last year.

Watching the Metallica show from the snake pit earlier this year and getting to meet them before the concert was a highlight as well but I was feeling terrible health-wise and the meet and greet made me miss out on Gojira who were playing before them (and who were the main reason I was there :lol:) so it couldn't have felt as good as seeing my favorite band on their first European headlining tour the year before without any health issues.

Asrial

Whisper into nose
Reaction score
I think my best concert was KoRn in 08', "Bitch we got a problem" tour.
It was a birthday present from my granddad, who took me in with his metalhead friend and a mutual friend, treated us with some great food, and this awesome concert to boot. Helped greatly that I was a fanboy back then.

I was a wreck the morning after, but boy did it leave memories.

karjim

Set the World Afire
Reaction score
2000 Rage Against The machine (TBOL Tour)....Insane, first time I've seen men flying without wings

2005 Ramnstein Volkerball in Nimes Arena France, not a big fan but what a show! We burnt like sausages with all those pyrotechnics, check out the DVD you'll understand :)

2012 Meshuggah last month , I've been waiting for 10 years and I see the perfect band, BIGGEST SOUND I'VE EVER HEARD

Ckackley

Reaction score
I'm gonna catch flack for this I'm sure.. But Slipknot a few years ago was the best show I've ever seen. Like 'em or hate 'em they put on an AMAZING live show. And the show that I had the most fun at - This past summer when my band opened for Hellyeah. Again, like 'em or hate 'em they put on a great show. Doing shots and hanging out with those guys for hours after the show was an added bonus.

Fiction

For Mod
Reaction score
Jesus Lizard - Sonar Baltimore 2009
Voivod/Soundgarden/Faith No More - The Bayou DC 1990 (yes Voivod headlined this show)

So much Jelly for FNM & Jesus Lizard.

I myself haven't been to many, seeing BTBAM last month was quite the show, just extremely brutal and jarring. But all up I'd have to say seeing Primus, which blew my mind.. Claypool is quite the character and the music is just ridiculous, unfortunately it was pre-Naugahyde, but was still great.

kris_jammage

Reaction score
Roger Waters - Once on the DSOTM Anniversary tour and also last year on The Wall tour. Amazing gigs. Best stage shows I've seen! And I get to see The Wall again at the end of this year, with a new stage show geared towards stadiums. Cant wait.

Devin Townsend in November 2011 - Waited to so long to catch him live and it was the first time he played Ireland in nearly ten years. Such a fun gig, had the biggest smile for days after it!

Radiohead a few years back in The Point Depot, Dublin. Intense gig, they had the whole crowd moving in unison to their beats, was a very strange thing to witness!

Also The Rolling Stones in '03. Just one of those rockin, fun time gigs. I was right up at the barrier in front of Keth Richards, completely hooked on how he seems to not actually play the guitar although play the songs perfectly, strange I know but thats the only way I can describe it!

Aztec

On a perennial quest
Reaction score
Megadeth, this year, Rock Cafe, Tallinn, Estonia.

decypher

Reaction score
WatchTower in Duesseldorf/Germany in 1990. Besides all the technical insanity the guys had so much fun on stage, it was amazing to watch them. Plus we met them before the concert, great guys!

IQ in Kleve/Germany in 1993, great show.

Iron Maiden, Toronto 2012. That set list......

BlackWinds10

Kick em in the nuts!
Reaction score
Best big stadium show I've seen was definitely Slipknot back a few years ago. That, was an intense show, during spit it out, I swear the stadium started shaking from all the jumping...

Best small venue show I've been to was when Born Of Osiris/Unearth/The Contortionist came through a month or two ago. That show was just all around awesome. The smaller bands on the bill put on a great show though I had never heard of them. Obey The Brave had a TON of energy, and though their music was generic, it was still a fun set. The contortionist had barely any stage presence, but it didn't matter because I had my eyes closed almost the whole set as it just felt like I was in a living dream. Though I NEVER listened to Unearth before the show, they put on a REALLY good show, me and my friend actually fiddled with Buz's floyd while he was soloing. Born of Osiris was also REALLY good live, sooo much energy for being so technical.

ThePhilosopher

Reason User
Reaction score
Buzzfest IX; I got to see 30STM prior to their first album coming out and Drowning Pool before Dave died. Gravity Kills and Adema put on good shows; ah the NuMetal days of the early 2000s.

Deftones/Godsmack co-headlining in 2001

Machinehead at Engine Room in the Ahrue days (they still played a lot of songs from the first two album); got to hang out with Rob after the show.

Mwoit

Reaction score
All time was seeing DEP / BTBAM / Stolen Babies in Glasgow, the Cathouse. Small, low ceiling venue meant that Greg just leapt at us and climbed the walls to fall on us. That show opened my mind up past shreddy prog and was definitely one to remember.

For nostalgia sakes, seeing Opeth do the Royal Albert Hall was great since I LOVE Blackwater Park and them playing through it was the best thing ever.

This year, Pig Destroyer in Leeds and Converge in Glasgow were definitely intense but fun shows.

Decapitated666

Black Metal
Reaction score
Meshuggah. Hands down. I was at the show in which they shot the Demiurge video and the whole show was just insane. The energy was absolutely intense with so many people. Can't wait to see them again this February!