Born of Osiris MegaThread! - All things BoO

NSXTypeZero

Reaction score
Great band, with or (hopefully) without Jason. :)

dude... Jason was only with them for Discovery, and Born of Osiris were CERTAINLY really good before that... (regardless of whether Discovery was the BEST, their prior 2 LP's were very good)

Even the guys in ASP said in interviews that Jason was a pain in their collective ass, talking about the difference between Francesco (Captain classy Italian dude) and Jason, an immature kid who unanimously annoyed the rest of the band...

So, in short... don't worry about BOO, the next album will melt your face, the evolution was NOT Jason, I promise you that!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

shumitribe

Reaction score
Even the guys in ASP said in interviews that Jason was a pain in their collective ass, talking about the difference between Francesco (Captain classy Italian dude) and Jason, an immature kid who unanimously annoyed the rest of the band...

where are those interviews?

Fat-Elf

Banned
Reaction score
dude... Jason was only with them for Discovery, and Born of Osiris were CERTAINLY really good before that... (regardless of whether Discovery was the BEST, their prior 2 LP's were very good)

So, in short... don't worry about BOO, the next album will melt your face, the evolution was NOT Jason, I promise you that!

Well, I certainly hope you're right.

Sikthness

Reaction score
The only real evolution w/ Discovery was the lead work was much improved over the first 2 cds. The production was better, but that has nothin to do w/ him. If anything, the riffing took a step back, simpler. So I don't think his departure is going to make any difference w/ the next cd.

NSXTypeZero

Reaction score
where are those interviews?

I'll look around for it... It was specifically ONE interview where Ben was talking about how Jason had acted around his family at his house just acting like this entitled i-don't-give-a-shit attitude, and how their new guitarist reiterated their notions because once Francesco joined everything from him is almost humorously always 'yes please' and 'no thank you' and whatnot... going to someone so chill and mature right after Jason's go-fetch-me-a-drink demeanor probably only makes him look worse, heh.

And honestly, Jason sounds like a cool enough guy in interviews and whatever... But I could also see it getting old very quickly when he perpetually exudes that he is clearly his own biggest fan

shumitribe

Reaction score
I'll look around for it... It was specifically ONE interview where Ben was talking about how Jason had acted around his family at his house just acting like this entitled i-don't-give-a-shit attitude, and how their new guitarist reiterated their notions because once Francesco joined everything from him is almost humorously always 'yes please' and 'no thank you' and whatnot... going to someone so chill and mature right after Jason's go-fetch-me-a-drink demeanor probably only makes him look worse, heh.

And honestly, Jason sounds like a cool enough guy in interviews and whatever... But I could also see it getting old very quickly when he perpetually exudes that he is clearly his own biggest fan

if you could find it i'd appreciate it! i looked around but i couldn't find anything.

ROAR

oaf tobar
Reaction score
If tmz started following around BOO and CG
I swear half you guys would jizz everywhere

bhakan

Reaction score
I'm sorry, as this has nothing to with BoO, but in the link above, I read

"Yeah, but you have to admit, "I'll make your insides on the fucking outside" are awesome lyrics"

:spock:

Actually pertaining to BoO, WHY U NO RELEASE MORE CLIPS?! The preproduction stuff sounded amazing, and I'd love to hear more.

themike

Chug Life
Reaction score
Here's another clip that I haven't seen anyone post that was filmed at the same time as the one above. I even hate to compare the two bands AT ALL, but unlike CG where Jason obviously has a large influence, its good to see that BOO is self sustaining and hasn't lost their touch with the lineup change. Obviously its only a couple clips, but the talent is clearly still there.

NSXTypeZero

Reaction score
Here's another clip that I haven't seen anyone post that was filmed at the same time as the one above. I even hate to compare the two bands AT ALL, but unlike CG where Jason obviously has a large influence, its good to see that BOO is self sustaining and hasn't lost their touch with the lineup change. Obviously its only a couple clips, but the talent is clearly still there.

yes, for sure... and even though this was posted a few pages ago, this deserves to be right next to the video you posted

Lee + Cameron's songwriting skills together = who gives a shit about Jason being in the band

allshallperishfan

Reaction score
I agree cam and Lee are amazing and i honestly didnt give a fuck tht jason was out until i heard the first 30 seconds of that preview clip for CGs Evolve, which sounded as good as behold hahah.

allshallperishfan

Reaction score
and YES Cams 2 finger style riffing is insane and i really have trouble playing some songs off the new reign because of his style. Especially the song "the new reign" its so hard haha

Don Vito

Reaction score
I do wish BoO would make like a Chelsea Grin and put out a new song or something.

I just started listening to The Discovery again today and I forgot how farkin' awesome Recreate is.