Born of Osiris MegaThread! - All things BoO

Captain Butterscotch

Reaction score
image.png

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dan

Reaction score
^ :lol:

I'll check this out once it's released in the UK. BoO have always been a band where i kinda dig one or two songs per album. I just kinda feel there's always something lacking with everything they do.

Hybrid138

Reaction score
Sorry if it's already been said but how are you guys listening to the new album? Is there a stream out there. The album comes out tomorrow...

otop

Reaction score
The album was alright, some great gems eclipsed by long drawn out segments of chugging on a guitar tone that was thin and scratchy. Personally I thought that a Higher Place had the most memorable melodies and unique rhythmic sections.

Jake

GAS Master
Reaction score
I'm seeing a lot of hate for the new album and im just over here enjoying it lol oh well I dig it.

Tyler

Reaction score
I love the responses on their facebook xD
"The new Osiris album "Tomorrow We Call Richardson and Apologize". The guitar has disappeared in the new album."

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
So, I just read there's an instrumental bonus track called "Hydr∆". Where will that be sold? It's not listed as a track on my pre-order.

spawnofthesith

Reaction score
Listening now, on track 5. I like it so far! Exhilarate will be an "always skip" track though. Those vocals are horrendous...

metalstrike

I love signature guitars!
Reaction score
I love the responses on their facebook xD
"The new Osiris album "Tomorrow We Call Richardson and Apologize". The guitar has disappeared in the new album."

Very true:lol:

I didn't care for this band at all before "The Discovery" (which was pretty good) and this new album will make me go back to not caring about them. Jason made this band listenable for me.

spawnofthesith

Reaction score
Imaginary Condition, Illusionist, Source Field and Vengeance... I just keep listening those 4 over and over.

Yeah these last four tracks are definitely the highlight of the album. The new BoO I was hoping for is contained in those

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
I fcuking love this album, minus Exhilarate.

As a whole, I enjoy it more than any other BoO album. Works for me.

zuzek

Reaction score
Wow, I think most of us were relatively prepared to be listening to a poor effort of an album, but it still manages to surprise me how big of a cluster!@#% it is. It's like they took nearly everything that worked on 'The Discovery' and went "NOPE!". Between the actual content, the lolbad album title (it still makes me giggle.. the ridiculous little triangles replacing a's are very cutesy too!) and the lack of anything that resembles A Solution or The Omniscient I think I'll skip buying this one and not visit the stream again. What a shot in the foot this one is for BoO.

anomynous

Reaction score
That Lee McKinney pic above had something wrong with it, but I can't put my finger on it....

14ngwva.jpg

Fixed it.

nikolazjalic

Reaction score
Sumerian uploaded all the songs off the album, minus hydra unfortunately, but they are now being advertised alongside stray from the path, asking alexandria, evan brewer and city in the sea rather than veil, periphery, and the other good bands on that label. I know they've said in the past that they don't have full creative control so it's possible that Sumerian is trying to turn them into a more marketable band; Lee and Cameron have written some solid music before Jason was around so I refuse to believe that his departure was the sole reason for this change.

On another note, some of the tracks are growing on me more now but I still find the first half of the album very generic and un-listenable