Born of Osiris MegaThread! - All things BoO

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shibble

Reaction score
so I've decided to listened to the album again a bit more intensely and bar Absolution, Mindful and Exhilerate I actually really like the album.
It doesn't compare to The Discovery for me but to be honest it's not like the past album doesn't exist any more, it's some new content but regardless of what they released I'm quite certain that their 2011 release was always going to be their magnum opus for me.

Some of the concepts in songs like The Illusionist / Source Field have been really well received, I think half of the disappointment long time BoO fans have had has been with the first three tracks I mentioned and what it may mean for the future direction they may possibly pursue.

Hybrid138

Reaction score
Can anyone confirm if that is actually the bass track... I mean, I understand why they would make it sound that way but some of the playing is kinda bad too...

JoeChugs

Reaction score
I like machine and divergency
not so much the middle tracks
last 4 or so take the cake.

for the most part, I wanted more- bigger ideas, bigger riffs....but I get it. Lee is an awesome guitarist regardless, just wanted some more creativity on that front

as of now it still sounds like one song on repeat, I'll be listening to this one for working out or trying to pump myself up, but that's it

JoeChugs

Reaction score
I like machine and divergency
not so much the middle tracks
last 4 or so take the cake.

for the most part, I wanted more- bigger ideas, bigger riffs....but I get it. Lee is an awesome guitarist regardless, just wanted some more creativity on that front

as of now it still sounds like one song on repeat, I'll be listening to this one for working out or trying to pump myself up, but that's it

Fat-Elf

Banned
Reaction score
Man, I must have the weirdest taste as I think Mindful, Exhilarate and Absolution are the only listenable songs on the album. Absolution being the best except I really don't like that other half of it. It's just way too abrupt compared to for example the latter half of Regenerate. Man, Regenerate sounds better than ever after this new album..

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
Now that the album is settling in more I'm finding a lot of tasty guitar parts. The leads in Exhilarate and Illusionist are awesome! This album is definitely a grower.

I made a cover of the solo in Exhilarate. One of Lee's best IMO.

Uploaded a Guitar tab below for my SS.org bros:shred:

Attachments

• Born of Osiris - Exhilarate.txt
    4.4 KB · Views: 18

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
I need to learn the leads in Vengeance. I know they probably aren't very difficult, but since I'm more of a rhythm guitarist, they're gonna take a bit of work to play smoothly.

Edit: Also, my friend just bought his copy at Best Buy, mine's not here yet. But it would appear my leaked copy mixed up a couple song names, I love Exhilarate, it's (apparently) Absolution that I could do without for the most part. Since when are downloads not 100% accurate?? :lol:

I want my shirt, damnit. My pre-orders are usually here a day early, mail's already been through today. Never ordered from MerchConnection before though, I don't think.

gamber

Reaction score
its funny how significant the lack of jasons playing is. Im not digging the album at all, the intros to most of the songs are drawn out and plain boring

Housty00

Reaction score
Source Field

One of my favorites. Knew it was going to be, because of that clip.

I listened to this on repeat for months. I knew this song would be awesome. I just wish the final version was less "packed" and more stuttery, I dont know how to explain it.

DAT' AUTISM GROOVE THO

ayaotd

Reaction score
I have not listened through the whole album yet. I'm halfway through. It is lacking some of the riff work from previous albums. The album is very synth heavy, clean vocals are kind of different.

teamSKDM

Reaction score
Theres a sickening amount of parts that sound like design the skyline, especially in their synth parts,intro to mindful for example. what are they, techno dance rave core now?
this album is barely metal. and anyone notice how incredibly low the drums are in the mix? theres some times when i cant even hear them at all.

ayaotd

Reaction score
^ Forget how "metal" their old stuff was. I feel like their old riffs more enjoyable. I still have to give the album a second listen.

Reaction score
No more dubstep! sheesh, BOO is starting to sound like just another rise records band with low chugs, hit-replaced drums, melodyned everything & a lot of electro-garbage (ie dubstep) on top that has no place in 'metal'. (just my two cents)

Sturgis man......Sturgis.....his influence on the album in undeniable. The overuse of electronica elements...

This is almost as bad as Oceano using electronica elements and clean vocals now..... :( (I expected that shit back when they used to work with Sturgis...)