ESP Custom Club!

• Thread starter feraledge
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Adieu

Reaction score
Damn you it took literally all the restraint I had to not want the damn thing covered in buxom anime schoolgirls.

You really should grow up

Make the mature choice: use buxom anime MOMS

204474198-256-k225163.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ikke

A Dream Cartographer
Reaction score
Happy Friday/Saturday, y'all.

ESP Horizon-II in Electric Blue popped up on Yahoo Aucs.

Quick notes: According to my references and knowledge, ESP did not make Horizon-II's in Electric Blue (there were Horizons in Electric Blue though; see below). The only solid colour I've seen in production is black. Also, there is no serial number. So, this is likely an old custom order. However, it is also possible that it's a refinish.

For your reference, I included a picture of the production (end) Horizon-I in Electric Blue.

Price is trending pretty low and, this is likely the only time you'll find one of these. So, you might want to snatch it up...

i-img1200x900-1601555787lm76yz955759.jpg

ESP_Horizon-I_EB.jpg

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score

Quick notes: According to my references and knowledge, ESP did not make Horizon-II's in Electric Blue (there were Horizons in Electric Blue though; see below). The only solid colour I've seen in production is black. Also, there is no serial number. So, this is likely an old custom order. However, it is also possible that it's a refinish.

For your reference, I included a picture of the production (end) Horizon-I in Electric Blue.

Price is trending pretty low and, this is likely the only time you'll find one of these. So, you might want to snatch it up...

ESP_Horizon-I_EB.jpg

Damn, I want that case. At that price I'd be fine with just tossing the guitar! But I see there's already at least one rebidding service registered with it, so probably it'll pick up at the end.

Crash Dandicoot

» B E H O L D
Reaction score
That's a nice example, I really dig the color. @narad is on point, too - an ESP-branded flight case for a Horizon isn't common at all. I'd love to get a few of the Japan custom cases for my Horizons/Snappers.

mehegama

Reaction score

ESP_Horizon-I_EB.jpg

Seems it has a nasty neck crack repair.

Crash Dandicoot

» B E H O L D
Reaction score
@mehegama This image you mean?

i-img956x1200-1601555940evxeds1007274.jpg

It's not pretty but if it floats near its current price (unlikely, I know), it's not the end of the world, IMO. Wouldn't go swinging it around and whatnot, myself.

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score

ESP_Horizon-I_EB.jpg
Fuck! Electric blue looks fucking awesome with black hardware! My cousin got an electric blue LTD H100 in the year 2000 with chrome hardware. I didn't think black hardware would go with that color but fucking hell it looks good af!

Dumple Stilzkin

Pointy star bastard.
Reaction score

ESP_Horizon-I_EB.jpg
What a beauty.

Ikke

A Dream Cartographer
Reaction score
ESP M-II 45th Anniversary in Bondi Blue (top) and Hydrangea Pink (bottom).

Love board binding and fingerboard. There are 30 of 'em with some variety in the tops. I'm obviously not going to post all 30, but my favorite top from the batch is the last picture.

BODY (Top)Spalted Maple w/Natural Binding, (Back)Honduras Mahogany
(Total Thickness 45mm)
NECK Honduras Mahogany
HEAD ANGLE 14 Degrees
GRIP SHAPE Thin U
FINGERBOARD Macassar Ebony w/Flamed Maple Binding
RADIUS 305R
SCALE 648mm
NUT Carbon(42mm)
INLAY (Top)None, (Side)Luminlay SGM-23L
FRET JESCAR FW57110-EVO, 24 Frets
CONSTRUCTION Set-Thru
TUNER GOTOH SGS510Z-A07 MG-T
BRIDGE HIPSHOT 6-Strings FIXED .125 w/String-thru-body
PICKUPS (Neck)Bare Knuckle NAILBOMB Alnico 5
(Bridge)Bare Knuckle NAILBOMB Ceramic
PARTS COLOR Black
CONTROLS Master Volume, Master Tone(w/Coil Split SW), 3-WAY Lever PU Selector
COLOR Bondi Blue

M-II-CTM_45th-Limited_Bondi_blue.png

M-II-CTM_45th-Limited_Hydrangea_Pink.png

M-II-CTM_45th-Limited_Bondi_blue_back.png

M-II45-19-7.jpg

M-II45-19-9.jpg

M-II45-19-6.jpg

My favorite top of the 30 (20 / E3990202)

M-II-45th-20.jpg

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score

Love board binding and fingerboard. There are 30 of 'em with some variety in the tops. I'm obviously not going to post all 30, but my favorite top from the batch is the last picture.

BODY (Top)Spalted Maple w/Natural Binding, (Back)Honduras Mahogany
(Total Thickness 45mm)
NECK Honduras Mahogany
HEAD ANGLE 14 Degrees
GRIP SHAPE Thin U
FINGERBOARD Macassar Ebony w/Flamed Maple Binding
RADIUS 305R
SCALE 648mm
NUT Carbon(42mm)
INLAY (Top)None, (Side)Luminlay SGM-23L
FRET JESCAR FW57110-EVO, 24 Frets
CONSTRUCTION Set-Thru
TUNER GOTOH SGS510Z-A07 MG-T
BRIDGE HIPSHOT 6-Strings FIXED .125 w/String-thru-body
PICKUPS (Neck)Bare Knuckle NAILBOMB Alnico 5
(Bridge)Bare Knuckle NAILBOMB Ceramic
PARTS COLOR Black
CONTROLS Master Volume, Master Tone(w/Coil Split SW), 3-WAY Lever PU Selector
COLOR Bondi Blue

M-II-CTM_45th-Limited_Bondi_blue.png

M-II-CTM_45th-Limited_Hydrangea_Pink.png

M-II-CTM_45th-Limited_Bondi_blue_back.png

M-II45-19-7.jpg

M-II45-19-9.jpg

M-II45-19-6.jpg

My favorite top of the 30 (20 / E3990202)

M-II-45th-20.jpg

I look it at these and think, damn, must everything suck in 2020??

garga

Reaction score

I was interested in getting one but when i heard what the process would be like from my local shop, i couldnt justify the risk. For an ESP dealer outside of Japan, they will have to make a bid to secure one of these guitars by way of a raffle (they will not have any choice on design or colours). After i saw the whole page of finished designs, i was really thankful i did not take the plunge. There was only 1 single model i would be willing to spend that kind of money on. [21 / E4990202] The rest (to me), look like quite horrible. Not surprisingly, i wasnt able to find that said piece being listed on digimart. Probably snatched up a long time ago

Khan Baal

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Hi guys. I recently purchased this awesome ESP guitar and would like to get some information about it since I've been unable to find anything online. I have contacted ESP about it and all they can confirm is that it's a CS made in Japan in 1995 but they don't keep records of this era and are not able to provide any more information.

The things I do know: I have never seen a headstock like this in any other ESP guitar before; the specs seem to be very similar to George Lynch signature models (no back cover plate, circular pot cavity, single volume pot with push pull for pickup change, custom shop Seymour Duncan pickups); also the guitar looks, plays and sounds amazing.

The things I don't know: everything else. So any help would be totally appreciated, thank you very much in advance.

WhatsApp Image 2020-12-25 at 12.20.08.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2020-12-25 at 12.20.13 (1).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2020-12-25 at 12.20.13.jpeg