ESP Custom Club!

• Thread starter feraledge
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Khan Baal

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Despite the looks, the guitar is more old school than it seems, which means no super low action and a thicker neck than expected (it actually feels way more similar to my R8 Gibson Les Paul than my other ESPs) but as far as I know, these were usual specs for Lynch signature models because that's how the man likes his guitars. Anyways, it plays like butter and sounds just like expected: a 80s-90s hard rock / metal machine.

By the way, thanks a lot for the input, guys.

Last edited:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Hi guys. I recently purchased this awesome ESP guitar and would like to get some information about it since I've been unable to find anything online. I have contacted ESP about it and all they can confirm is that it's a CS made in Japan in 1995 but they don't keep records of this era and are not able to provide any more information.

The things I do know: I have never seen a headstock like this in any other ESP guitar before; the specs seem to be very similar to George Lynch signature models (no back cover plate, circular pot cavity, single volume pot with push pull for pickup change, custom shop Seymour Duncan pickups); also the guitar looks, plays and sounds amazing.

The things I don't know: everything else. So any help would be totally appreciated, thank you very much in advance.

View attachment 89034 View attachment 89035 View attachment 89036

That's crazy, I actually dig the headstock. Maybe not so much on such a curvy body but I think it's worth then revisiting for the angular models.

Crash Dandicoot

» B E H O L D
Reaction score
I've seen that headstock on old Tech / Craft House builds before. The TH and CH guys do the really wild, "draw it on paper and we'll make it" sort of stuff and have been doing so for a long time. Specs or info wise though short of taking it to those guys yourself there's no real way to know.

ClownShoes

Reaction score
I was considering buying that at one point haha.

I swear I've seen a similar custom ESP headstock like that back in the day.

Samark

Inactive. It’s been a pleasure.
Reaction score
I was considering buying that at one point haha.

I swear I've seen a similar custom ESP headstock like that back in the day.

Same. Can't seem to locate it but did come across this copy of the ESP one I was thinking of
m9zjmFRy.jpg

TheInvisibleHand

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
We can literally get any model thats offered in Japan imported here, and do. They just choose a select few to be in the US catalog officially.

Nick,

Does this mean we can get some of those gotoh trem green/pink E-iis/ sparkle horizon 6 eii's through you as well?

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score
When I click on this thread and it goes to page one I always get a GAS hard on about my own custom in the first post. Lol.
Since it’s going on five years that I’ve had it and this thread is to drool over customs and entice more, it’s relevant to say I absolutely love it and play it every day. No guitar I’ve ever played compares.

Spicypickles

Sweeps & Mops
Reaction score
We can literally get any model thats offered in Japan imported here, and do. They just choose a select few to be in the US catalog officially.
I really didn’t mean anything by it other than a hard penis over a couple models, but if you’re gonna push (and hit my dm’s) but I’d love another 7 string snapper in Floyd and for sure would love a MX-250 variant if that would be at all possible.