ESP Custom Club!

• Thread starter feraledge
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

GTR0B

Reverse Headstock Whore
Reaction score
If anyone on here owns this, message me if you want to sell? Thanks 🍻

0dd493cae2c305e418e816e7d44432b0.jpg

GTR0B

Reverse Headstock Whore
Reaction score
This might be a fitting place to ask, without having to email them directly and get no response.....

Does anyone know if ESP USA would deviate from their basic build sheet AT ALL?

I know it's specifically done this way for whatever reasons they have but I'd thought I'd ask anyway

Would love an inlay free maple board on an M-I or M-II NT with maybe an evertune and a neck single coil but that's just dreaming, that's how I intended my Kiso to be built but bottled it when I was given the 7-8k GBP quote......

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
This might be a fitting place to ask, without having to email them directly and get no response.....

I know it's specifically done this way for whatever reasons they have but I'd thought I'd ask anyway

Would love an inlay free maple board on an M-I or M-II NT with maybe an evertune and a neck single coil but that's just dreaming, that's how I intended my Kiso to be built but bottled it when I was given the 7-8k GBP quote......

I can't help you with the first part, but where'd you get your Japan CS quote from? What were your specs? That's super high by almost any measure. You'd have to have something really ludicrously crazy, but maybe it's VAT or just generally some UK dealer giving you a hard time. You could try ordering via another country as well.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score

The only thing they'll deviate on is finish, and that's up to how busy their painter is.

Different bridges and pickup layouts are specifically off the menu, at least when I asked last August.

YMMV

ClownShoes

Reaction score
that's how I intended my Kiso to be built but bottled it when I was given the 7-8k GBP quote......
Ridiculous.

Do you know anyone in Japan who can order for you? Helps to cut out customs too when they declare it as a gift.

GTR0B

Reverse Headstock Whore
Reaction score
The only thing they'll deviate on is finish, and that's up to how busy their painter is.

Different bridges and pickup layouts are specifically off the menu, at least when I asked last August.

YMMV
Dammit, cheers dude. Looks like Kiso is the only way forward. Time to sell a few organs.
Ridiculous.

Do you know anyone in Japan who can order for you? Helps to cut out customs too when they declare it as a gift.
I wish I did bud, I'll shop around. Only tried one place so far

Dumple Stilzkin

Pointy star bastard.
Reaction score
Dammit, cheers dude. Looks like Kiso is the only way forward. Time to sell a few organs.

I wish I did bud, I'll shop around. Only tried one place so far
I don’t think the shop matters that much. My understanding is that anything branded ESP is going to have very consistent high quality. I only own one Horizon (Kiso), and it is about as good as they get. I just bought an MII (also Kiso) on the way too.

GTR0B

Reverse Headstock Whore
Reaction score
I don’t think the shop matters that much. My understanding is that anything branded ESP is going to have very consistent high quality. I only own one Horizon (Kiso), and it is about as good as they get. I just bought an MII (also Kiso) on the way too.
Oh dude I have no doubt about quality it was more price as the USA M-II NT is pretty much what I want minus a few changes which the USA shop don't offer.

That came to around £4k GBP, same guitar but with the changes I want is £6.5k + from either of the Japanese shops.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Oh dude I have no doubt about quality it was more price as the USA M-II NT is pretty much what I want minus a few changes which the USA shop don't offer.

That came to around £4k GBP, same guitar but with the changes I want is £6.5k + from either of the Japanese shops.

Either of the Japanese shops?

soul_lip_mike

Contributor
Reaction score

ESP USA is extremely rigid on everything since it's not custom its just pick off the set menu. I asked if I could get the pointy headstock on my USA M7 since the round reverse strat one is ugly since you can get it on the M7 baritone and was told no. I guess it makes sense if they are mass producing baritone scale 7 necks with pointy headstock they aren't going to change the shorter scale ones just for me.

1653573032444.png

secretpizza

Reaction score
After many years of admiration, finally picked up a Kiso shop Horizon-II CTM; it’s a real beauty and a joy to play. Bought it from a seller in Japan who was a bit of a pain to deal with, but not too bad overall. Pickups are a TB4 and AH1 neck (I think?). Really superlative build quality; nice and solid, thick chunk of maple on the top, and the fretwork is pretty damn near flawless. The neck profile was a pleasant surprise too - much more of a Fender “C” than the thin U I was expecting. Really comfortable to play.

My only criticism is that the middle pickup selection doesn’t give you that middle position chime; it’s really out of phase and quacky, reminds me of guitars with a phase toggle. It’s even more pronounced with the coil split engaged, so I gotta get that fixed. The wiring is immaculate and looks original so maybe that’s a purposeful choice? Either way, a minor complaint on an otherwise pretty flawless guitar.

Attachments

• 3ED54B02-DE16-4F09-8B55-B2A8F8092A67.jpeg
    3ED54B02-DE16-4F09-8B55-B2A8F8092A67.jpeg
    417.5 KB · Views: 24
  • 09B637A4-6704-40AD-B894-D583A01AD380.jpeg
    09B637A4-6704-40AD-B894-D583A01AD380.jpeg
    428.5 KB · Views: 24
  • 046D43E5-6C29-4FCA-A6FA-5E259C5586F0.jpeg
    046D43E5-6C29-4FCA-A6FA-5E259C5586F0.jpeg
    399.9 KB · Views: 22
  • 69A2B4A0-E4FD-49B5-954F-43719DC5ED23.jpeg
    69A2B4A0-E4FD-49B5-954F-43719DC5ED23.jpeg