ESP NAMM 2020 thread

• Thread starter HeHasTheJazzHands
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Vegetta

Pixel Farmer
Reaction score
DlKxAHvX4AUkrLM.jpg

Production version of Jon Deiley's ESP custom for 2020 would be nice. Unlikely to happen off course but one can always dream :D

DAMN! that is a great!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Crash Dandicoot

» B E H O L D
Reaction score
This probably doesn't interest any of you...

Japanese ESPs always interest me - I'd love to see more Japanese signatures come over as E-IIs. They recently did another article on Japanese sigs on the main website after the original piece last Spring, so maybe things are more going in that direction? The west needs more wacky Japan sigs, that's for sure. I feel like I'm the only one in Canada importing the weird half of ESP sometimes. Apart from the ones you mentioned, I think the Ohmura, Fujioka and (other) Sugizo models could survive over here.

Mathemagician

Reaction score
There’s one Japanese artist that basically spec’d out a snapper-like model and with the curves/cutaways basically made a JP6. With sparkles. I want it.

Adieu

Reaction score
There’s one Japanese artist that basically spec’d out a snapper-like model and with the curves/cutaways basically made a JP6. With sparkles. I want it.

...i think you just described pretty much ALL of them, though

Crash Dandicoot

» B E H O L D
Reaction score
...where da sparkles at????

It's Candy Apple Red, I imagine it's difficult to photograph but I would expect some sort of sparkle or flake upon closer inspection / in correct lighting.

That’s it! Man that should just be a default body style. So sleek. Like a JP meets Jackson B6

You may be interested in this:

esp-e-ii-btl-g7-xl.jpg

An E-II BTL-G7 prototype for Jon Chang. It's in limbo as far as I'm aware, though I've read he wants to put on an Evertune, increase the scale length to 27" and accentuate the bevel a bit more. One of those oddball possible limited run / signatures ESP cooks up now and again. If you dig that, though, and want it enough you could always go with the ancient Bottomline GT:

bottom_line_gt_str.jpg

Somewhat similar, though I feel it more or less evolved into the Horizon-III.

Mathemagician

Reaction score
Both those models are pretty cool. And that red one does definitely look like a precursor to the H3.

Not a big fan of true offsets myself. Played only a couple but the big butt doesn’t quite sit well when I play classical style. Like, the body ends up feeling bigger than it really is or something.

M3CHK1LLA

angel sword guardian
Reaction score
Japanese ESPs always interest me - I'd love to see more Japanese signatures come over as E-IIs. They recently did another article on Japanese sigs on the main website after the original piece last Spring, so maybe things are more going in that direction? The west needs more wacky Japan sigs, that's for sure. I feel like I'm the only one in Canada importing the weird half of ESP sometimes. Apart from the ones you mentioned, I think the Ohmura, Fujioka and (other) Sugizo models could survive over here.

huge esp fan here...i have a few wacky ones myself lol.

i love looking at their japanese only models, but most of it would not sell here in north america...just too wild

Zado

Reaction score
Not sure if posted already the whole thing
original.png

original.png

original.png

original.png

original.png

original.png

original.png

original.png

original.png

original.png

original.png

original.png

original.png

original.png

original.png

original.png

original.png

I dig the natural black HSS Snapper, but it's not Phoenix nice.

EDIT: ok, Pegasus bridge pickup, definitely not interested.

Last edited:

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
You’ve now seen some great new guitar and bass models in Phase I and Phase II, but we still have some tricks up our sleeve to unveil for 2020, including some great artist signature series guitars, an entire new series that will blow your mind, and more. In the meantime, please join the discussion on our “New for 2020” previews in the ESP forums!

Hmmm a new series.

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
Something I just noticed from the ESP page. "The M-1000 includes an EMG 57TW/66TW pickup set with push-pull controls on volume and tone to split each pickup discretely."

So splitable EMG 57/66... Color me interested.