Games that should get remade

• Thread starter beerandbeards
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm seeing posts on Reddit saying this for the LotR: Return of the King game. It was definitely the best movie tie-in game I remember playing, and an EA published one at that, but I don't remember a whole lot of praise for it, maybe because it was a movie tie-in.

Anyway, if I could get Major's Mask for every system that would be great.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Oh dude, the Return of the King game was fucking bonkers and had no right being as fun as it was. It was so stupidly fun when playing with others, and throwing on cheat codes made it even more fun than thought possible.

If they could update that whole series, Id invest in it.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
I did play the shit out of those games back in the day so definitely can confirm they were fun games, just surprised it's come around to peoples' nostalgia goggles.

KnightBrolaire

SSO's unofficial pickup tester
Reaction score
Oh dude, the Return of the King game was fucking bonkers and had no right being as fun as it was. It was so stupidly fun when playing with others, and throwing on cheat codes made it even more fun than thought possible.

If they could update that whole series, Id invest in it.
I mean if you want something kind of in that vein, the shadow of mordor series and the War in the North games are actually really solid hack/slash games like the old LOTR games.

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
I liked Shadow of Mordor, but never played the one after. I think my name is in the credits for the first one too (I can't find proof online though hah).

KnightBrolaire

SSO's unofficial pickup tester
Reaction score
I liked Shadow of Mordor, but never played the one after. I think my name is in the credits for the first one too (I can't find proof online though hah).
The sequel is way better honestly. It gets a bit repetitive with the army building/defense missions for the endgame but ride along the way is a lot of fun. The nemesis system got expanded and it's easily the best part about the game still.

CapinCripes

Trem Snob
Reaction score
I'm seeing posts on Reddit saying this for the LotR: Return of the King game.
Oh that brings me way back. I played the hell out of that one on PC when it came out way back when. My most vivid memory of that game was the king of the dead fight, although everybody else seems to think shelob was harder.

NotDonVito

molesta la breastas
Reaction score
LOL I used to play that ROTK game with my friends on Gamecube back in the day. That version had 3 player co-op(maybe 4 but I think it was only 3). The guy who owned the game had dibs on Legolas cause everyone else wanted to play him. I got stuck tanking with Gimli most of the time. Good times, we never beat the game together, but I later got my own copy and beat it solo. I had the Two Towers game as well which was also fun, but didn't have multiplayer.

toner

Contributor
Reaction score
Legit remakes of Chrono Trigger and Secret of Mana. Not changing the top down to crap 3D kiddie models etiher just make them the same but new graphics.

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm old, and I've been playing PC games since I was basically in diapers. I'd personally love to see the old Wing Commander games, as well as Privateer, made into something playable on modern machines. I know there was an open source project 10-15 years ago, but it was broken a lot.

I'm sort of surprised that I haven't seen Scorched Earth remade for phones as a social media type of game.

I'd also love to see Dragon Warrior (Dragon Quest) done with the Pokemon Go mechanics (augmented reality or whatever). That could be fun for me and most of you guys's grandparents. :lol:

Choop

uwu
Reaction score
Bushido blade!!! Would die for a good remake/reboot!

But would you die in one hit...?!?

When I was a kid, I was really into Mechwarrior. My friend had this (ripoff?) game called G-Nome that was very similar, but it had some cool unique ideas like being able to exit your mech. A G-Nome remake could be cool, or just more Mech/Sim type games in general. Ooo, or what about a modernized PC version of Steel Battalion.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
On topic... JetMoto, Cool Borders, Parasite Eve, Dark Forces+JK+JKii, Nightmare Creatures, Shadow Man and for probably the 5th time I've said it in this thread, Interstate 76.

Mathemagician

Reaction score
Thrasher Skate and Destroy > Tony Hawk

I’m one of 3 people who played Grind Session On PS1. Blew my mind that Burnside was a real place at the time.

Also personal favorite “Blasto!” They’d have to get a new voice actor though. But that glitchy mess had some fun ideas.

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
This year, Square Enix have proven they can produce a great remake, without breaking it down to episodes, artificially padding the gameplay, excessive self indulgence, and some confused Kingdom Hearts-esque bullcrap.

So I guess I can jump on the bandwagon crying out for a proper Chrono Trigger remake. Come on Squenix, you know you can do it. Yeah, sure you can't get the Dream Team back together as well anymore, but there's at least some semblance of heart in there that made Trials Of Mana and Octopath Traveller. Hell, you've got that Tokyo RPG Factory that aren't really doing much. You let them make I Am Setsuna, that was basically a watered down Trigger. It was even marketed for the CT nostalgia crowd so you have some plans with the property outside leaving it chained in your basement to along with Xenogears.

So now is the time Square, let's bring out the Chrono series back for some sunlight. I've already forgotten about that horrible port you released earlier. Bring in the fatter overbloated sister Chrono Cross along for the ride too. Use some of that triple A money to bring some of the Dream Team back. Hell, I'll even volunteer to rearrange and play guitar on some of the music. :lol:

Last edited: