Games that should get remade

• Thread starter beerandbeards
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, if you have 1, 2, or Presequel on steam, you get the 4k/graphic update for free. On consoles, you get the 4K/Graphics update for the Handsome Collections 9so 2 and Presequel), and the first game will be 30 bucks on PS4 and Xbox One.

Either way, I'm playing a lot of Borderlands for the foreseeable future. Ralyks03 on PSN for those who care to join.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

PunkBillCarson

Reaction score
Yes, if you have 1, 2, or Presequel on steam, you get the 4k/graphic update for free. On consoles, you get the 4K/Graphics update for the Handsome Collections 9so 2 and Presequel), and the first game will be 30 bucks on PS4 and Xbox One.

Either way, I'm playing a lot of Borderlands for the foreseeable future. Ralyks03 on PSN for those who care to join.

Made a new Mechromancer last night on PC and realized that if you dump anything in Lighter, Smaller, Faster, it makes the Unending Infinity absolutely worthless. Good thing I'd gotten a couple of Harold's on my other character. With the Anarchy Stacks, good ol' Harold should take me through quite a bit.

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't even remember what my Zer0 has, but its a shit ton of OP8 Legendary, Seraph, and Pearlescent weapons.

M3CHK1LLA

angel sword guardian
Reaction score
in the process of reading this thread so not sure if they have been added, but i doubt it cause they are "old school" arcade shooters...

phoenix

vanguard

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
Characters from it are in basically every other Mario game (bobombs and shyguys for example), so they didn’t try to sweep it under the rug or anything? I dunno how they think of it continuity-wise, but whatev. There was a GBA version that I didn’t play that I think enhanced it somewhat more than Mario all-stars, but I might be wrong on that.
This. Plus Peach's hover ability and the gameplay differences between Mario and Luigi were first introduced in this game.

^Oh, I know they've used enemies, etc. in other games, but I like the picking-up & flinging enemies/objects part of the gameplay. And the dream world thing with the asshole frog boss would at least be a change of scenery.

I'm pretty sure Mario was able to pick stuff up in SMB3, and then certainly in most of the 3D games. Then you have Captain Toad throwing turnips, and I think Peach has turnips in Smash.

wankerness

Reaction score
Made a new Mechromancer last night on PC and realized that if you dump anything in Lighter, Smaller, Faster, it makes the Unending Infinity absolutely worthless. Good thing I'd gotten a couple of Harold's on my other character. With the Anarchy Stacks, good ol' Harold should take me through quite a bit.

I kind of hated Mechromancer since it was so dependent on mass anarchy stacks and they're so incredibly tedious to build up and punishing to lose.

I booted up Borderlands 2 on my ps4 for the first time in a long time and realized my character's only level 35 and thus has the trash weapons you get by playing the game normally. Every torgue machine gun is bad!! I promptly got wrecked by the overseer in the tiny tina DLC and said F IT ALL and quit the game for another year.

thedonal

Reaction score
Far Cry Instincts Predator

I got this on the XBox many years ago- got frustrated with it due to the constant enemy spawning (albeit in sections where I just had to run). It seemed a bit of a cheap dynamic given the stealth and planning side of the original. I ended up abandoning the game.I loved Instincts but was properly disappointed with Predator.

thedonal

Reaction score
On the topic of Far Cry, I really think Far Cry 2 could do with a makeover. Mostly, I love the game (I've certainly played through it enough times), but it's just those checkpoints. I'd love to see a mechanic where the checkpoint takes some time to re-populate when you take out all the guards, but each time it gets harder. Make it a tactical choice whether to sneak past or go guns in. So not a mechanic like the later games where you 'convert' outposts, but choosing how you play the game affects the difficulty.

Maybe making the landscape more engaging too- more animals with threats in there as well as just passive wildlife and also 'manhunts' where you have raised enough attention that guards come on the hunt for you.

And weather that actually affects how it plays- muddy roads/hills suddenly being harder to navigate. Rain/wind affecting health and mobility (but not so much to completely detract from the game- more to bring the world alive).

So much scope with this game that could be exploited!

MetalHex

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I got this on the XBox many years ago- got frustrated with it due to the constant enemy spawning (albeit in sections where I just had to run). It seemed a bit of a cheap dynamic given the stealth and planning side of the original. I ended up abandoning the game.I loved Instincts but was properly disappointed with Predator.
Oh i just mainly played the MP. It gave so much freedom and encouraged team-efforts in certain game modes. You can still find a person or two sitting in an empty lobby waiting

MetalHex

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
On the topic of Far Cry, I really think Far Cry 2 could do with a makeover. Mostly, I love the game (I've certainly played through it enough times), but it's just those checkpoints. I'd love to see a mechanic where the checkpoint takes some time to re-populate when you take out all the guards, but each time it gets harder. Make it a tactical choice whether to sneak past or go guns in. So not a mechanic like the later games where you 'convert' outposts, but choosing how you play the game affects the difficulty.

Maybe making the landscape more engaging too- more animals with threats in there as well as just passive wildlife and also 'manhunts' where you have raised enough attention that guards come on the hunt for you.

And weather that actually affects how it plays- muddy roads/hills suddenly being harder to navigate. Rain/wind affecting health and mobility (but not so much to completely detract from the game- more to bring the world alive).

So much scope with this game that could be exploited!
I know FC2 has a pretty big following still too. I didn't dig it so much. FC3 reinvigorated the series with lush colors and a slightly better map editor.

FC5 map editor is amazing though. Here is one of the maps I made for TDM (not my video)

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
I wish they would just take WWF No Mercy and put the modern roster and moves in there. Still the best wrestling game ever, and top 10 game for that N64/PSone generation.

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
Theme Hospital - anyone remember that one?

Staff announcement. Incoming patients with bloaty head.

I loved that game. I wasn’t very good at it so I used to try run the hospital into the ground. Rats and rubbish everywhere, incompetent staff, patients making a mess. Fun times.

Merrekof

Reaction score
Armed an dangerous! I had so much fun with that back in the day