Games that should get remade

• Thread starter beerandbeards
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score
Final Fantasy SEVEEEEEEEEEEENNN. GodDAMMIT Square, hurry up already! Don't blue ball me for years like this!
World of Warcraft. I've been saying for years they need to end WoW and relaunch the Classic WoW story arc / world state on a new engine with modern updates and literally just restart the game over again.

I'm on board with Parasite Eve.
I'd also get hype for a relaunch of Mario Kart Double Dash on Switch with GC/Pro controller support, and hopefully more tracks and courses because Double Dash is still the best Mario Kart.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

wankerness

Reaction score
A remaster just came out for this, and apparently isn't that good for what I've heard.

Jim Sterling, who according to some here hates everything, LOVED the remaster and said it held up really well for a remaster that doesn't really have any bells and whistles added.

wankerness

Reaction score
Body Harvest.

I played through that game till Siberia at which point I lost interest (well, other than running over zombies with a combine). It's clunky as all get-out, and was even for the time. I don't think I could take it unless they radically edited it! It had a great concept, though.

Kaura

Je suis ketchup
Reaction score
Resident Evil 2

Yes, I'm still salty they didn't make it with fixed camera angles. :noplease:

Kaura

Je suis ketchup
Reaction score
fuck fixed camera angles

I wouldn't want them for any other game but they were a crucial part about Resident Evil games right from the beginning and since Capcom decided to do a remake then they should've paid some respect towards the original game instead of just making it casual cashgrab garbage. But that's just my opinion. :coffee:

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
I wouldn't want them for any other game but they were a crucial part about Resident Evil games right from the beginning and since Capcom decided to do a remake then they should've paid some respect towards the original game instead of just making it casual cashgrab garbage. But that's just my opinion. :coffee:

Eh. Capcom had already messed around with the RE formula by releasing Dead Aim. At least ditching fixed camera angles gave way to Resident Evil 4.

If Capcom should remake an RE game, remake Resident Evil 6 and put an actual good game in it.

KnightBrolaire

SSO's unofficial pickup tester
Reaction score
fixed camera angles and tank controls went the way of the dodo for a reason. They suck.

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
fixed camera angles and tank controls went the way of the dodo for a reason. They suck.

I don't mind janky golf cart controls when the characters are regular people like in the Silent Hill games, but when your character can German suplex at will or punch boulders harder than Jesus, then I sure want them to play better.

Kaura

Je suis ketchup
Reaction score
I don't mind janky golf cart controls when the characters are regular people like in the Silent Hill games, but when your character can German suplex at will or punch boulders harder than Jesus, then I sure want them to play better.

Damn, didn't know you could throw some suplexes in PS1 era Resident Evil games. You gotta teach me!

wankerness

Reaction score

If it was cash grab garbage they’d have kept it the same (ex, the ffix “remaster”) instead of rebuilding it from the ground up with huge production costs. If you want fixed camera angle tank control the original is still there!

thedonal

Reaction score
I'm going to add to the noise on Legacy of Kain series. In fairness, I only played Soul Reaver. But that game was amaaaaaaaaazing! Had it on Dreamcast- bump mapping on the visuals even outshone the other versions.

What a game- great atmosphere, story and even the music was amazing. I played it through loads of times looking for the secret bits and just to play it again!

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
Here's a big one:

Xenogears

Sure everyone involved has since moved on, but it'd be ripe to have Square Enix dust off the cobwebs and bring this dead property back to life and fix everything wrong about the original.

First the small things: Overhaul the graphics so every 5th gen console reminder is out the door, namely make the gears look like actual mecha without the polygon pixel mess. Overhaul the field system, either refine it so jumping puzzles don't suck especially with the useless camer, or full overhaul to 3D third person. Battle system, give or take. It's sort of fine, but it'd also be cool to see it as a fast paced grid system like the old school Tales series. Soundtrack can stay the same. Maybe more songs depending on that big problem. Speaking of which...

The big problem: the entire second half of the game (disc 2). It's no secret the development budget wasn't big enough for Tetsuya Takahashi's insane ambition, resorting to the entire second half becoming a freaking montage, told in the vein of the last TV episode of Neon Genesis Evangelion using children's dolls and text dumps. I appreciate the 'pretentious artsy' approach in a mad rush to finish the game (since the story is all pretentiousness), but with a remake, putting some substantial content like say, a game, would certainly help in enhancing the story.

And get Monolith Soft to develop it. Goes without saying really.

Yeah everything I said is pipe dreaming and zero chances of happening, but it'd be nice to see this ridiculous story told without restrictions or whatever the hell Xenosaga was doing.

cwhitey2

BlackendCrust Metal™
Reaction score
The FPS Black for ps2.

To this day, one of the best shooters ever created. And when it came out it was mind blowing.

PunkBillCarson

Reaction score
RE2 as it is now is amazing. Fuck fixed camera angles, that shit is played out. If you want that, go play the original RE2. There's mods for it.