Ibanez 2019 New Stuff

• Thread starter Sogradde
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaura

Je suis ketchup
Reaction score
This is a bad argument and you should feel bad.

I guess bass players are just an illusion.

And lisax and yo-yo are just miming to midi.

You don’t have to settle for anything. You just have to realize that hand size doesn’t have anything to do with it.

Eh, I'll have to stand behind my words and say, if you want to cycle a mile in 5 minutes (or whatever) then it's possible no matter whether you're using a fixed gear bike or a 10-gear bike but it sure as hell is easier to do it with the 10-gear bike. My point is, it's not like I or anyone else with small hands find it impossible to play guitars with big fretboards but there's no denying it wouldn't be more comfy to play a guitar that fits better your hand size.

I understand that scale length is an important feature for most guys here and it is for me to but you don't see me running to a thread about some new 9-string multiscale behemoth and say "ewww, extended scale!".

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

diagrammatiks

Reaction score
Eh, I'll have to stand behind my words and say, if you want to cycle a mile in 5 minutes (or whatever) then it's possible no matter whether you're using a fixed gear bike or a 10-gear bike but it sure as hell is easier to do it with the 10-gear bike. My point is, it's not like I or anyone else with small hands find it impossible to play guitars with big fretboards but there's no denying it wouldn't be more comfy to play a guitar that fits better your hand size.

I understand that scale length is an important feature for most guys here and it is for me to but you don't see me running to a thread about some new 9-string multiscale behemoth and say "ewww, extended scale!".

Plenty of people do this whenever new players ask about extended scale stuff. It’s just as silly.

A-Branger

Reaction score

but how really small your hands are?.

I get your point. going from a 34" bass to a 33" was tiny ichy bitty better when doing that one riff on A Change of Seasons thats played on the 2-5 fret. But everythig else is fine. Now I got a multiscale bass with 37" low B and I can still play the riff no problem, obiusly on a 33" was more comfortable VS a 37". But everything else on the neck feels pretty muhc the same. And 27.8" vs 25.5" (as watching my multiscale from across the room with "too lazy to propertly meassure it") is what 1-1.5 frets size difference. So taking a 25.5" guitar tune down to Eb, put a capo on the first fret(or second), does that solve all your problems and make it so much more comfortable?

genuine interest, I keep reading people saying "because I got small hands"..... and yeah I could say the "but my bass", but fair enough I dont do stretchy chords on my bass so theres that

Kaura

Je suis ketchup
Reaction score
but how really small your hands are?.

I don't know how to measure them but trust me when I say; small. Like my whole palm and fingers are about as long as a tubescreamer. :lol:

Anyhow, I don't feel like debating over this issue. People can use whatever scale length for all I care. I'm still happy that there's short scale guitars on the market but I feel like a bit more to choose from wouldn't hurt. ;)

Musiscience

Reaction score
Technically no, at least as far as I know. But it's coming to Canada and the exchange rate is very favorable to the US, so it shouldn't be too hard to get.

Very favorable to the US at the moment is indeed the right way to put it.

*cries softly while looking at current Canadian prices*

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
I don't know how to measure them but trust me when I say; small. Like my whole palm and fingers are about as long as a tubescreamer. :lol:

Anyhow, I don't feel like debating over this issue. People can use whatever scale length for all I care. I'm still happy that there's short scale guitars on the market but I feel like a bit more to choose from wouldn't hurt. ;)

I'm going to honestly side with you on this one if that MM was a production model, I find it a little ridiculous that people are complaining when the same guitar in teal would have been available in a 25.5" scale. We lose nothing while the people who want to try and or need a shorter scale guitar have their option, I guess every guitar ever has to be an HH Fishman loaded Super Strat with a fixed bridge or else it's not appealing.

ThePIGI King

Jiu Jitsu Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm going to honestly side with you on this one if that MM was a production model, I find it a little ridiculous that people are complaining when the same guitar in teal would have been available in a 25.5" scale. We lose nothing while the people who want to try and or need a shorter scale guitar have their option, I guess every guitar ever has to be an HH Fishman loaded Super Strat with a fixed bridge or else it's not appealing.
Thats like the worst guitar ever! HSH Dimarzio or SD Trem guitars forever.

Also, I've nothing against 24.75". The Epi les paul I used to play was a favorite growing up.

Sogradde

Reaction score
Short scale HSH guitar with a non-locking trem and poo-coloured jatoba fretboard would be the absolute antithesis to a dream guitar for me.
That thing would land in the bin faster than you can say "But chinese Strandberg copies are worse!"

(I don't hate short scale guitars, I'm all for variety)

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
Short scale HSH guitar with a non-locking trem and poo-coloured jatoba fretboard would be the absolute antithesis to a dream guitar for me.
That thing would land in the bin faster than you can say "But chinese Strandberg copies are worse!"

(I don't hate short scale guitars, I'm all for variety)
It's all good, I'll say it. I hate short scale guitars.

LegacyOfOddGod

Reaction score
The more and more I look at it, I may give the RGD71ALMS a try. I kinda like the look of it too. Alright Ibanez, I'll give your MII one more shot, but 3 strikes and your out.

If you get a chance, would love to hear how it felt and how was the quality control.

A-Branger

Reaction score

dont get me wrong I have 0 problme with Ibanez releasing short scale guitars. I was trying to understand mroe about what a lot of people seem to always complain here "I have small hands"

my real problem was that if it was real and not a April's Fools joke, they were gonna release such an awesome and beautiful color only in short scale, and thats sad :( that color needs to be free for everyone to buy. We need more bright and stupid color guitars out there :)

RiffRaff

Reaction score
Can we all take a minute to appreciate how good this new RG1070FM premium is...

211P01181200026-body-large.jpg.auto.webp

Dimarzios - Check
Original Edge - Check
Stainless steel frets - Check
Gotoh locking tuners - Check
Classic mahogany & maple combo - Check

Very classy

LeviathanKiller

Knee-shooting Archer
Reaction score
Can we all take a minute to appreciate how good this new RG1070FM premium is...

211P01181200026-body-large.jpg.auto.webp

Dimarzios - Check
Original Edge - Check
Stainless steel frets - Check
Gotoh locking tuners - Check
Classic mahogany & maple combo - Check

Very classy

And now I want a guitar with a panga panga fretboard. That looks super sleek but with some nice visual texture.

Status
Not open for further replies.