Ibanez 2023 Models ! What would you like to see ?

• Thread starter Inanimate100
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
In the video with Wes he mentions his bridge with fine tuners from ABM. Is that something a schlub like me can buy or is that custom?

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
In the video with Wes he mentions his bridge with fine tuners from ABM. Is that something a schlub like me can buy or is that custom?

They haven't been in the catalog in a few years, but that's rarely stopped ABM from making something if you order it and they're not busy.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
They haven't been in the catalog in a few years, but that's rarely stopped ABM from making something if you order it and they're not busy.
Ahh thanks for the intel. I may have missed it or couldn't see, was there a locking nut involved or no?

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ahh thanks for the intel. I may have missed it or couldn't see, was there a locking nut involved or no?

From ABM? They've made them, but they don't bundle them with these tail pieces, at least they didn't before.

SamSam

GAS problems
Reaction score
Yes I know, I have one. What I'm saying is it feels higher quality than other prestiges I've played

How so? I am contemplating one as my 2077 has really grown on me recently and the new ones look fantastic!

NoodleFace

Delicious Noodles
Reaction score
How so? I am contemplating one as my 2077 has really grown on me recently and the new ones look fantastic!
All of my prestiges have been really nice, but I remember my original RG3120 felt JCustom quality with a Prestige badge. This 2027XL feels the same way. It might be in my head, or perhaps it has something to do with it being 27" scale and different than most of their other guitars.

Not sure about ABM, but Gibson still makes a version of the fine-tuner tailpiece, and there’s a proprietary unit available to retrofit onto Quan BadAss bridge setups.

Gibson TP6

Leo Quan BadAss FT
Yeah but his Iceman is a 7 string and IIRC Gibson does not make those.

Eric

Reaction score
It should come out a little more than the picture you’ve shown below but it shouldn’t go into the horn as the intention is to keep the border the same thickness all around. I don’t like when the outer walls of the burst are super thin. I’m more concerned with how uneven the figuring in the bottom half of the top is in the example you linked. I’m lucky to own my favorite example of Doom Burst:

Same. I have search alerts setup for "Doom Burst" but the only one I've seen recently has a totally disappointing Friday Afternoon burst job. It's like they forgot the lower horn.

hxfgsa56r8haubvg223p.jpg

Reverb Link

Attachments

• IMG_2248.jpeg
    IMG_2248.jpeg
    614 KB · Views: 77

JimF

Contributor
Reaction score
It should come out a little more than the picture you’ve shown below but it shouldn’t go into the horn as the intention is to keep the border the same thickness all around. I don’t like when the outer walls of the burst are super thin. I’m more concerned with how uneven the figuring in the bottom half of the top is in the example you linked. I’m lucky to own my favorite example of Doom Burst:

Two points:
1) Yes that makes sense now you mention it. I don't like overly thin bursts either I guess, I just don't know if I dislike them more than teardrop bursts
2) HOLY F*** your RG collection is incredible!!! Are they all limited runs or is the pink (Rhodonite?) a standard?

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
Two points:
1) Yes that makes sense now you mention it. I don't like overly thin bursts either I guess, I just don't know if I dislike them more than teardrop bursts
2) HOLY F*** your RG collection is incredible!!! Are they all limited runs or is the pink (Rhodonite?) a standard?
IIRC, both the pink and the amber are both limited runs through Axe Palace.