Ibanez 2023 Models ! What would you like to see ?

• Thread starter Inanimate100
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ibanez Rules

rich@ibanezrules.com
Vendor
Reaction score
A burst should be as thin as needed for it's opacity. If it's going to completely cover any figure it needs to be thin enough to show defined figure in the horns, because teardrops suck. If it's transparent then it can be much wider.

rg8470vv.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
I thought the amber was the only standard one.
Alas, twas not. It was a sprint run specifically made to be reminiscent of the likes of the original RG8527, RG7CST and other similar VV J Customs.

I *really* wish it was a standard finish, because it's hot as hell.

c7spheres

GuitArtist
Reaction score
Alas, twas not. It was a sprint run specifically made to be reminiscent of the likes of the original RG8527, RG7CST and other similar VV J Customs.

I really don't know why Ibanez won't reissue or make an rg7cst, even without the piezo bridge would be nice. All it is a piece of ebony and a paint job and no inlays. I can't wait to laugh at all the stupid crap they come up with this year (as I secretly hope to be wrong)

Musiscience

Reaction score
A burst should be as thin as needed for it's opacity. If it's going to completely cover any figure it needs to be thin enough to show defined figure in the horns, because teardrops suck. If it's transparent then it can be much wider.

rg8470vv.jpg
This has to be the nicest example of the vintage violin finish. Holy crap!

Eric

Reaction score
I, for one, am perfectly content with them never reissuing an RG7CST 😁
I really don't know why Ibanez won't reissue or make an rg7cst, even without the piezo bridge would be nice. All it is a piece of ebony and a paint job and no inlays. I can't wait to laugh at all the stupid crap they come up with this year (as I secretly hope to be wrong)

Eric

Reaction score
Two points:
1) Yes that makes sense now you mention it. I don't like overly thin bursts either I guess, I just don't know if I dislike them more than teardrop bursts
2) HOLY F*** your RG collection is incredible!!! Are they all limited runs or is the pink (Rhodonite?) a standard?
Thanks, man!

The cherry blossom and purple were AP runs. The doom burst obviously Wired Guitarist, the violin fade run was commissioned by Killerburst tho they also sold a few to other retailers.

Eric

Reaction score

Here’s a shot I took comparing the Violin Fade to the Vintage Violin on one of my RG7CTs.

Attachments

• IMG_2740.jpeg
    IMG_2740.jpeg
    539.7 KB · Views: 43

Eric

Reaction score
Why did you let half of them go? Decided to share the joy?

There were 24 made right?

I was an idiot and quit playing for a few years to focus on other things. I sold 3 RG7CTs, 3 UV7PWHs, 2 UV77MCs, a silver dot, and a bunch of others. The only 7s I kept during that time were my UV777GR (thank God) and a custom swirl.

Reaction score
I was an idiot and quit playing for a few years to focus on other things. I sold 3 RG7CTs, 3 UV7PWHs, 2 UV77MCs, a silver dot, and a bunch of others. The only 7s I kept during that time were my UV777GR (thank God) and a custom swirl.
... you probably focused on things that now allow you to have such guitar collection... own it and stop downgrading yourself, we're all ALFAS (male, female, whatever) here... if you regret, you haven't learn the lesson, if you did learn the lesson, than that past action only made you stronger. Rock on bro!

Neon_Knight_

Reaction score
... you probably focused on things that now allow you to have such guitar collection... own it and stop downgrading yourself, we're all ALFAS (male, female, whatever) here... if you regret, you haven't learn the lesson, if you did learn the lesson, than that past action only made you stronger. Rock on bro!
Is the lesson that he needs to acquire ALL of the RG7CSTs & RG7CTs? :lol:

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
Is the lesson that he needs to acquire ALL of the RG7CSTs & RG7CTs? :lol:
If he acquires them all and then plugs them into the Ibanez Infinity RGA8 (that's a deep SSO lore cut at this point), he'll be able to snap his fingers and annihilate half of all tone in the universe.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
If he acquires them all and then plugs them into the Ibanez Infinity RGA8 (that's a deep SSO lore cut at this point), he'll be able to snap his fingers and annihilate half of all tone in the universe.
I was around back then but I know exactly what you're talking about. Those mockups are so good