Ibanez NAMM 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

_MonSTeR_

Reaction score
I don't care if it's headless, personally, but if it's a 7 string? I'm all over that. I missed a 7v7 a few months ago by thismuch and have been kicking myself ever since.

I’m not about to buy a headless JEM, I would be seriously interested is another seven string JEM.

I’m also interested in a custom shop/custom spec JEM, if that pinch of salt has a grain of truth to it...

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I still cannot believe that companies list specs for bass guitars without giving the string spacing at the bridge. Kinda important.

Historically, many Ibanez bridges can be adjusted for string spacing, even some of the monorail types this is based on.

DEUCE SLUICE

Reaction score
I think that's generally more interesting in theory than practice. First fret on a 37" B is a LONG reach, and anything longer than 34" on the higher strings sounds really choked to me. I play 34" basses exclusively today (4-6 strings, standard tuned & drop-A,) because the slight benefit gained on the B going to 35" is drastically outweighed by how choked the D-C strings sound any longer than 34".

Personally, the scale range Ibanez chose for this is what I'd want. Slightly shorter scale lengths on the higher strings - particularly on the G and C of a six string - sound great.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thank god someone released a blue burl burst, just when you think no one would bam after all these years of waiting.....(this is dripping with sarcasm btw :)

You have to use the sarcasm font.

Also, that website is a fucking nightmare to browse on mobile. The pics are so small, i don't even know what's new or old. Any highlights?

DCM_Allan

Sol Invictus
Reaction score
You have to use the sarcasm font.

Also, that website is a fucking nightmare to browse on mobile. The pics are so small, i don't even know what's new or old. Any highlights?
also from a computer its a nightmare, and when you click on one of the picture it sends you to another page saying that the link doesn't exist.

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
The couple of RGAs on that page look stunning, but sadly I think they are just standard series :(

That one gray prestige looks interesting. It's hard to tell from the tiny pictures, but it looks like a gun metal gray version of the ice blue from last year. Okay Ibanez, you're giving me a little hope this year.

DCM_Allan

Sol Invictus
Reaction score
Through a reverse search, I was able to find this website. It has no pictures or descriptions, but it does have what seems to be most model numbers from the 2020 catalog. All of the ones labeled "confidential" are from 2020.

https://muzprosvet.su/categories/at2?brand=81
I saw that page before, the models that says confidential are the new 2020 models

Status
Not open for further replies.