Jackson/Charvel Owners Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

oracles

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me anything about what I just impulse bought? Was browsing through japanese auction sites and found this for cheap, took the chance because it's not a huge loss if it sucks.

All my usual info sources dont turn up anything on LP styles. I know Chushin was taking semi/custom orders for a time, so this may be part of that, and any other used listings Ive found dont have any spec information.

All I know so far is its MIJ, made during the trademark issue era.

1000008894.jpg

1000008895.jpg

1000008896.jpg

mastapimp

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me anything about what I just impulse bought? Was browsing through japanese auction sites and found this for cheap, took the chance because it's not a huge loss if it sucks.

All my usual info sources dont turn up anything on LP styles. I know Chushin was taking semi/custom orders for a time, so this may be part of that, and any other used listings Ive found dont have any spec information.

All I know so far is its MIJ, made during the trademark issue era.

View attachment 144915

View attachment 144916
Looks like this guy: https://vintagejapanguitars.narod.ru/GroverLP.html
I've also seen it in blue. Doubt it's a custom order. If i can find an old catalog from the early 90s I'll reply back.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score

mastapimp

Reaction score
There was a Charvel with this body and a 3x3 headstock. I'll bet this is a store run of some kind.
Yeah, those were the japanese R-S85, R-S70, and R-S43 "refinement" models. I saw some recent Brandon Ellis videos where he's playing one.