Kerry King's new band

• Thread starter Bloody_Inferno
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

gabito

Stay at home musician
Reaction score
Yep, it sounds like Slayer.

Shame it doesn't sound like 80s / early 90s Slayer, though.

JimF

Contributor
Reaction score
Its not bad. I'm just sat here getting hopeful to see some ex Slayer members play Slayer songs in small venues.

JSKrev

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
It's pretty World-Painted-Blood-sounding. Phil's solo is cool.

gabito

Stay at home musician
Reaction score
I just listened to the album. Good for KK if he wants to keep playing until he's dead, but this sounds as boring as anything Slayer has done in the past 20 years (YMMV).

Not surprising, I know.

They could've re recorded Repentless or World Painted Blood and I would've not noticed. Maybe they did? Not feeling like listening to the album again, I'll ask ChatGPT or something.

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't think I need to hear it a second time. It's just really monotonous and generic stuff. I feel like you could grab any random riffs from all over the album and stick them together and they'd work just as they do now. I don't mind listening to this as background music, but I'm not gonna remember a single riff I heard afterwards.

So TL;DR -> exactly what I expected :lol:

At least production's pretty good... And I actually prefer the vocals to Araya's, they sound very similar but more aggressive.

JimF

Contributor
Reaction score
As much as I dislike the idea, I wonder if he would have been better doing a "Kerry King Featuring..." type album, and have guest musicians and songwriters. Something to make it sound fresh...

manu80

Reaction score
Album is out. No one yet ?

I like it. It's nothing new, lots of bits here and there already heard, like Angel of death a bit everywhere, Payback from GHUA, From hell I rise sounds like a Diabolus leftover, Trophies sounds like 213 onDivine etc...) but I don't expect KK to go another way, like Megadeth, AC/DC etc....
Osegueda sounds a bit like Araya from time to time but I find him a bit too linear, not a lot of variations in hos singing

Anyways, we all need a bit of Slayer in our life so it's fine ;)

zappatton2

Reaction score
I'll probably end up picking up a copy. Slayer was very much my gateway to heavier music, and even though I don't hear any new ground being broken here, it is kinda like the "comfort food" of metal. Nostalgia's a helluva drug.

fps

Kit
Reaction score
As much as I dislike the idea, I wonder if he would have been better doing a "Kerry King Featuring..." type album, and have guest musicians and songwriters. Something to make it sound fresh...
I would have been really into this. It's not something he could then tour however, and his intent is to keep going to the end of time, which I enormously respect.

I think this album will probably open up on repeated listens. But I'm not sure I want to give it repeated listens.

drool1419

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I'm really digging the album, Slayer is one of my favorite bands so I didn’t need them to reinvent the wheel

ArtDecade

Way Cool Jr.
Reaction score
I'm really digging the album, Slayer is one of my favorite bands so I didn’t need them to reinvent the wheel
fbbe680372fcbe9101ce5b25c66807e8.gif

JSKrev

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Honestly, it's solid. Probably better than Slayer did post-Divine.

Latest posts