Laney Ironheart Studio 15W Rack Amp, 15W Mini Amp, and 15W TI Combo (New for 2013)

• Thread starter HeHasTheJazzHands
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ViTAR

Reaction score
There are no Asio drivers only WDM. Also the driver is made by samsung !!!! Wtf Is with that all about ?

With USB in WDM the latency is shocking no matter what buffer size and the sound is unusable. Muddy horrible and would put anyone off.

Have you tried ASIO4ALL?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
I actually asked for a post office delivery, as I CBA to get to a faraway industrial zone to pick up my packages (can't get deliveries at work) and they don't deliver at the hours I can be at home, while the post office is next street. ^^
Besides, Tallinn is just one more plane hour, that won't make a serious difference ^^ (Estonian women.... :flame: )

Aztec

On a perennial quest
Reaction score
Either way, let's just hope they arrive soon and in one piece. :D

4Eyes

Reaction score
Ive tried every way there is and cant find no way to reamp full analog.

I believe there is no way, unless you use analog recorder. reamping means that you're sending recorded tracks from your DAW to you amp and recording it back and you need audio interface for it - either IRT built in or your own. using ASIO4ALL might help, but unless you're able to monitor what you play via cab or speaker emulated output (which I can see it's possible from the back panel ) - I wouldn't care of latency.

zero latency in most cases means that the piece of HW has HW monitoring feature which will allow you to hear what signal is going to inputs before the signal reaches your DAW. I can see that you able to select USB or AMP source for you headphones. if you choose AMP you'll have zero latency. for reamping you won't need the lowest latency - lot of DAWs can use driver reported latency to align tracks as they were recorded with no latency and if driver reports incorrect data, or your DAW is not able to do it, you can still align track manually in post process of recording.

just my .02 or I didn't catch what you need :scratch:

nothingleft09

What... the... F@#k!
Reaction score
Read the whole thread and not one of you guys have mentioned this video. lol I'm way interested in this thing and Fred's video is probably the best one I've seen in terms of he just sat down, set up, got a decent tone and let it fly to record this and if he can pull this off in 30 minutes... I'm just saying. This thing is a bad ass.

Aztec

On a perennial quest
Reaction score
I told you that you guys would recieve it way earlier, mine hasn't even arrived in my country.

ZeroS1gnol

Reaction score
Just bumped into this thread, first thing that came to mind: how will that mini amp perform during life gigs? I had my sights on a 60W Ironheart for a while, but the mini's price...hell yes.

I used to feel the need to buy a 100W amp, but Im really letting that idea go, since I haven't come across a single situation on stage where I needed to go all out on volume.

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
I have it. I'll likely not have time to play it before Friday, I'll post an NAD then when I have time to take some pics etc etc. It's snowing like hell outside anyway so the package was borderline freezing, firing it up as soon as I got home would likely have been a bad idea. ^^

Aztec

On a perennial quest
Reaction score
I got it yesterday and had a chance to jam with it briefly today, sound wise I really like it, will test some of the features over the next couple of days.

nowhere

ss.org irregular
Reaction score
got mine today.

with a nice bag like the one show by andertons (not so durable but appreciated)
and a solid foot switch.

who wants a review/video and of what?
-mind you i dont have a cabinet, so all I can do is feed it to my focusrite scarlet 2i2,
or with a usb if I figure out how to get it to work, because as of now latency is more than 100 ms
i got a 6string and 7 string

actually using it with headphones lets you choose between monitoring the amp or the USB output

highlights:

-cool bag with extra pocket for footswitch and inside pocket for paper stuff. padded but zippers dont seem outstanding
-rack mounting plates and screws included too
-power cable also included
-2 leaflets regarding connectivity and wiring included

-solid 4 button footswitch - boost and reverb are simple ON/OFF selecting between the channels clean/rhythm/lead is more tricky and it involves was is set up on the actual amp (5meter! footswitch cable incluuded)
-DI out (xlr - cable not included) Cabinet emulation switch - in the case of headphones is always on
-usb OUT - headphones can monitor the USB too via switch (dedicated knob for receiver gain +/-) -usb cable not included
-headphone out with dedicated level knob (stereo guitar-cable-sized jack)- this can be used without cab loaded to the amp - it sends a dummy load to the cabinet output.
-mp3 in - minijack
-FX loop send/return -10dB/0bB/bypass
-speaker out 8/16 ohm

-clean/rhythm share the same EQ but different volumes
-lead channel is identical as far as I understood with the rhythm. same gain stages and overall gain amount as I can tell

-global boost - footswitchable. no complaints as of now up until 3-4,
-global reverb - i personaly dont care about this

-global tone: like resonance
-global "dynamics" - which it says it has to do with bass tightness.

-no standby switch for some reason.

22km Tombstone

Pro Apologizer
Reaction score
got mine today.

with a nice bag like the one show by andertons (not so durable but appreciated)
and a solid foot switch.

who wants a review/video and of what?
-mind you i dont have a cabinet, so all I can do is feed it to my focusrite scarlet 2i2,
or with a usb if I figure out how to get it to work, because as of now latency is more than 100 ms
i got a 6string and 7 string

Man, I'd love to see a few pics and hear some direct recorded tones, preferably through a 3rd party IR loader like LeCab or Recabinet, as that's how I would be using it if I got one.

But really any short review and your thoughts on the direct tones would be great.

nowhere

ss.org irregular
Reaction score
as of now i got it connected to my sound card through the headphone jack.
i cant say its bad or amazing. its good. not very versatile is my impression at the moment.
the dynamics knob is not very obvious what it does.

i believe it will sound better through a cabinet. i started recording a riff today but stopped because i had to return to work. i will do it in a couple of days.

the tubes, at least the el84c that i can see on its top are Ruby, and are "glowed" by red leds :D

i'll shoot some pics now stay here

Latest posts