Stijnson

Reaction score
Halp! Attempted to run the HD500 in 4CM with my 5150II. Managed to sort out using the mixer to drop the volume to match the preamp, but whenever I change patches there is an obnoxious loud pop. I'm sure there's a setting somewhere that solves this, but damned if I can find any useful information on it. Any of you running 4CM with a Peavey 5150 and having it work properly want to shell out some advice?

I'm not sure how to solve it, but I do know that in the last FW update Line6 claimed to solve this 'popping' issue. But Im assuming you have the latest FW anyway.
I often get this popping thing aswell, but Im just running the POD FRFR, happens often when switching from the tuner back to the patch. Scares me everytime!

Sorry that my answer isnt very helpful, just wanted to let you know that those who are not using 4CM suffer the same 'popping' problem, you're not alone!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ericjutsu

Reaction score
When you guys record a standard rhythm guitar metal tone from your Pod HD, do you guys pan the Pod's mixer left and right or do you just pan the mixer both to center? There is more volume when panned to the center and since it's not like its really stereo anyways since I don't use the dual amp feature for standard metal rhythm tones, I figure why bother? What do you guys do? Also, what setting do you use for the input source 2 and the input 1 source In-Z?
Also do you guys prefer the Pod HD to amp modelers like the TSE X50 v2.0, Lepou or even Pod Farm? I like the djent tones and ambient tones better on the Pod HD but for regular metal rhythm tones I tend to prefer the TSE X50 or LePou and Pod Farm with impulses instead of the internal cabs. Although the Pod HD isn't bad for that. It's also nice that I don't tie up my computers resources with the Pod HD. I always try to use external gear if I can which is why I have a Triton LE and a Roland XV 5050 and plan on getting more hardware synths. Man can't wait until I can afford a Kemper! But anyways.... the Pod HD is pretty cool. Everyone post your favorite tones you have heard using the Pod HD. Especially actual albums like the Chimp Spanner new one.

Stijnson

Reaction score
[SC]https://soundcloud.com/stijnson/betelguese[/SC]

This is one of my own songs, just kind of finished it, but it still needs some polishing and general mixing/mastering. Anyway, the tones are ALL POD (obviously not the drums!) but including the bass. I did use external IR's however, because they tend to be much more mix friendly. If anyone wants patches for the cleans, leads or even rhythm guitars to use with your own IR's let me know!

Any tips on mixing and/or tones are very much appreciated!

Kylezan

Reaction score
Hey guys so some of you might have seen my post in the recording section.

Anyways, i did all the guitar tone with my Pod HD Pro! I can upload my patch i used for this later, it's currently in the live jam room.

Im pretty proud of the tones, what do you guys think?

Note: Bass was PodFarm, and i did use the JJP guitar plug in from waves to further refine the tone once it was reamped.

Be sure to follow me on youtube and soundcloud as i will be posting some sweet stuff (soundcloud link in vid description.)

Alice AKW

Wolf Ninja
Reaction score
Hey guys so some of you might have seen my post in the recording section.

Anyways, i did all the guitar tone with my Pod HD Pro! I can upload my patch i used for this later, it's currently in the live jam room.

Im pretty proud of the tones, what do you guys think?

Note: Bass was PodFarm, and i did use the JJP guitar plug in from waves to further refine the tone once it was reamped.

Be sure to follow me on youtube and soundcloud as i will be posting some sweet stuff (soundcloud link in vid description.)

Sounds pretty good man! If you could screenshot your various patch settings when ya get around to it that'd be great.

Kylezan

Reaction score
Sounds pretty good man! If you could screenshot your various patch settings when ya get around to it that'd be great.

I just saved your video so totes to you man haha. Your patches sound really good too!

Yea sure, i'll do that and just upload the patch as well some time this week.

I must say, the JJP guitar plug in has been helping my tones a lot. Everyone should check it out.

Ocara-Jacob

SSO Recluse
Reaction score
I'm trying to get a thick, yet organic tone from the HD500 for rhythm stuff. Here's what I've got so far.

[SC]https://soundcloud.com/jacob-jung-1/a-meaty-rhythm-tone-from-the[/SC]

Rizzo

Reaction score
I'm trying to get a thick, yet organic tone from the HD500 for rhythm stuff. Here's what I've got so far.

[SC]https://soundcloud.com/jacob-jung-1/a-meaty-rhythm-tone-from-the[/SC]
Nice! What's the amp for the tone?

Ocara-Jacob

SSO Recluse
Reaction score
What you do there by having the amp drive at 0% and no cab is interesting.

I tried to make a clean patch with that logic and it kind of sounds like the piezacoustic model in the previous generation pods. I can't get rid of the "DI-ness completely", but it's nice.

Yeah, it gives it an interesting sound. I actually stole this idea from Acle Kahney of Tesseract, he's been doing that with his clean tones since the Fellsilent days.

philz

Reaction score
Hey guys! Thought I'd get your opinions on my new guitarsound!

https://soundcloud.com/philip-novak-1/new-pod-hd-pro-tone

Have been working on perfecting this tone for a while now, and I think the end result is close to perfect. I used my Agile 7 string with 707s for both guitar tracks.

Let me know if you want me to upload the patch or upload some pics of how it's done :)

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Hey guys! Thought I'd get your opinions on my new guitarsound!

https://soundcloud.com/philip-novak-1/new-pod-hd-pro-tone

Have been working on perfecting this tone for a while now, and I think the end result is close to perfect. I used my Agile 7 string with 707s for both guitar tracks.

Let me know if you want me to upload the patch or upload some pics of how it's done :)

Is that all POD? That sounds ....ing awesome.

Poltergeist

Reaction score
Sounds tight and Crisp. I'm using EMGS too . Just curious what amp models/EQs are you using in your signal chain of the Pod HD?

philz

Reaction score
Sounds tight and Crisp. I'm using EMGS too . Just curious what amp models/EQs are you using in your signal chain of the Pod HD?

I'm actually not using any EQs in the chain at all! As for amps, I'm using The dual rec and the F-ball. Recti for the bottom end, F-ball for the rest!