This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Since I'm waaay to lazy to go through this thread, does anyone have any clips of their HDs running through power amp + cabs or external IRs? I'm thinking about getting an HD500 and doing the power amp deal or an IR loader like the Logidy EPSi.

lewis

Reaction score
Hey guys,

For anyone who is interested. I got a great deal on my Pod HD Pro and fbv floor controller. £400 for both :hbang:

anyway ive seriously underused it since it arrived. That ALL changed yesterday. I took it with me to my bands practice room and went direct into our PA. Me and my bands other guitarist spent 10 mins dialing in a Rhythm patch (after the Burial esque) and it blew our damn minds!!.... its the best live tone we have ever had!!. Couldnt believe it.

We both own Laney Ironhearts 120watts and this thing going direct live sounds better than any tone we have got mic'ing up the Ironhearts live. It was truly a beautiful thing. Chose the Treadplate amp on matching cab. Added 1 noise gate, a tube screamer and a EQ to boost the 1400 frequency real quick and dammmn. Thing was golden.

We were unsure about how good Digital is and can be and being at the "budget" end of the market, its easy to assume the Pod will be of lesser quality live than the Axe FX and the Kemper etc. And whilst it will be, what the Pod DOES give you is unreal bang for buck. The effects on the thing are unreal. Once we added a delay and a wah to the patch to try out leads it was face melting territory. Our lead players eyes were bulging out his head and the insane Zakk style searing leads he was ripping made more than his eyes bulge. We dont have an "expensive" PA by any means but it sounded stunning.

The plan now is to go 100% rack route with the band using the PODs live direct to the PA and likely selling the Ironhearts to be honest. I will never doubt new "digital" technology again and i think its the closest we have ever been to replacing Valve amps. The Pod even "feels" like one to play...... unreal

Needless to say this has become the best £400 Ive ever spent

Stijnson

Reaction score
Kane_Wolf: Awesome video. Thanks for that. More resolution on the next one, though. Please. I've seen clearer footage of Bigfoot.

Haha! literally made me laugh out loud. Which is not easy to do over the interwebz :lol:

Vigaren

Reaction score
I have a problem guys! Help would be greatly appriciated!!

I'm trying to record a wet and dry signal out of my POD HD at the same time. So I've got one signal going trough the "dry out" and one through "Unbalanced output (mono)" and the signals from there goes into my interface (an propellerhead Balance). You guys know the drill, I want to save the dry signal for re-amping possibilitys whilst recording a processed signal simultaneously.

However the dry output signal is clipping into my interface, and the interface gain is set to the lowest. Is there any way I can lower the output of the "dry out" signal?

Thanks!!!

lewis

Reaction score
Hey guys,

For anyone who is interested. I got a great deal on my Pod HD Pro and fbv floor controller. £400 for both

anyway ive seriously underused it since it arrived. That ALL changed yesterday. I took it with me to my bands practice room and went direct into our PA. Me and my bands other guitarist spent 10 mins dialing in a Rhythm patch (after the Burial esque) and it blew our damn minds!!.... its the best live tone we have ever had!!. Couldnt believe it.

We both own Laney Ironhearts 120watts and this thing going direct live sounds better than any tone we have got mic'ing up the Ironhearts live. It was truly a beautiful thing. Chose the Treadplate amp on matching cab. Added 1 noise gate, a tube screamer and a EQ to boost the 1400 frequency real quick and dammmn. Thing was golden.

We were unsure about how good Digital is and can be and being at the "budget" end of the market, its easy to assume the Pod will be of lesser quality live than the Axe FX and the Kemper etc. And whilst it will be, what the Pod DOES give you is unreal bang for buck. The effects on the thing are unreal. Once we added a delay and a wah to the patch to try out leads it was face melting territory. Our lead players eyes were bulging out his head and the insane Zakk style searing leads he was ripping made more than his eyes bulge. We dont have an "expensive" PA by any means but it sounded stunning.

The plan now is to go 100% rack route with the band using the PODs live direct to the PA and likely selling the Ironhearts to be honest. I will never doubt new "digital" technology again and i think its the closest we have ever been to replacing Valve amps. The Pod even "feels" like one to play...... unreal

Needless to say this has become the best £400 Ive ever spent

ZeroS1gnol

Reaction score
I have a problem guys! Help would be greatly appriciated!!

I'm trying to record a wet and dry signal out of my POD HD at the same time. So I've got one signal going trough the "dry out" and one through "Unbalanced output (mono)" and the signals from there goes into my interface (an propellerhead Balance). You guys know the drill, I want to save the dry signal for re-amping possibilitys whilst recording a processed signal simultaneously.

However the dry output signal is clipping into my interface, and the interface gain is set to the lowest. Is there any way I can lower the output of the "dry out" signal?

Thanks!!!

If your dry output signal is clipping than it's either:
-not dry ;) Because dry is dry, right....
-your pickups are clipping (adjust height, and/or if you use actives, consider doing an 18V or 27V mod)

Have you considered using a DI box (like a Radial) to send your dry signal to your interface? Use the thru output on the DI to get your POD in the mix for wet sounds.

Hajtosek

Reaction score
Hello guys, i'm looking for some good POD HD300 recording patches. Usually when i record "live" sound is pretty ok, but when i play recorded track it's super muddy.
Any ideas why that happens?

PS:I tried using IR instead of built in cab simulation, but i haven't found any satisfying one yet.
I have been using Schecter loaded with Symour Duncan AHB-1

ZeroS1gnol

Reaction score
Created a new tone after looking at Kane Wolf's tut. Did some modifications and I think I nailed an excellent tone. Download:

Line 6 CustomTone

Let me know what you think.

Patch is made on hd500x

Devyn Eclipse Nav

Avid Open C Enthusiast, Aspiring Ghibli Wizard
Reaction score
Anybody have any suggestions for a small power amp that would go well with an HD500X and a cab? I've been looking at the ISP Stealth, but I know I'd need at least a 2x12 for that, and I really only want to run a 1x12.

I've heard good things about the EHX .44 Magnum, but I've also heard it tends to break up at higher volumes, and I do want to use this thing in a live band context, and break up on the cleans would be really sucky. Any suggestions?

Devyn Eclipse Nav

Avid Open C Enthusiast, Aspiring Ghibli Wizard
Reaction score
Wattage. I'd be rather hesitant to use a 180 watt power amp with a 60 watt cab.

Then again, I've never entirely understood the whole relationship between power amp wattage and speaker wattage. I did see a guy on here using the Stealth with a randall pedal pre, and an orange 1x12, but again, that's a 180 watt power amp into a 60 watt cabinet.

Power amps just really confuse the hell outta me

All I know is that it puts out 80 watts per side at 4 Ohms, or 180 watts at 8 ohms - either way, I'd be overpowering anything other than a 4x12, and I don't really want a 4x12.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
As long as you don't crank the bejesus out of it, you'll be perfectly fine. I ran my 150W Ibanez TBX150H into a 50W 1x12 for about a year with no ill-effects.

In fact, I'm thinking about getting the Stealth (or another power amp) with a 1x12 at home for a practice rig.

VBCheeseGrater

not quite a shredder
Reaction score
Alright, another one of my "day after gig" posts. Tried something different last night, used the Mesa Theile 1x12 as my mic'd cab (so that's whats on recording) and the Randall diavlo v30 1x12 cab as my "head height" cab for my stage volume. Got a sound board recording of it last night, the louder guitar is me, with the Pod HD pro into Mesa 50/50 and cabs noted earlier

Chevelle's "The Red" performed by Grind Method, Pod HD guitar

xero7

Reaction score
how do you monitor dual outputs with the pod hd desktop. I like what I m getting thru a head and cabinet but how do I get that direct to a pa. On the head and cab I use no cab setting but to go direct I would need to.

Ocara-Jacob

SSO Recluse
Reaction score
[SC]https://soundcloud.com/jacob-jung-1/pod-hd500-milton-cleans-test[/SC]

Alright, I think I finally got my ambient patch where I like it.
If y'all want this patch just let me know!

Alice AKW

Wolf Ninja
Reaction score
Testing out some new mixes and riffs, have a listen!

[sc]https://soundcloud.com/kane-wolf/damn-thats-brutal-ep-teaser[/sc]