This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

cakewalkgg

Reaction score
Been out of the loop. only found out about the update recently, and the price for the packs today.

I'm sorry if it's already been mentioned but $50 seems like quite a lot for the amps, especially seeing as there are only 3 models based on actual amps.

Do we have any idea how process intensive these amps will be on the HD 500? For example would it be possible to run two 5150s?

time will tell.. not if they are really well done. REcabinet doesnt have many amps.. if the 5150 is up to snuff for example and is the amp you like i'd say that amp is worth 50 bucks..

I've only heard one clip though so I can't say how good it is. Its the clip from this thread. I thought it sounded pretty good but I need to play it

but alas.. I have the bean..so i will patiently wait (and probably check this thread hourly for more clips ;)

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
I wanna hear the 5150 model with various standout cabs, like the Treadplate 412, the one that's supposed to be the Engl cab and the Hiwatt cab.

Alice AKW

Wolf Ninja
Reaction score
Could someone run a couple of the new distorted amps through my post EQ chain for me?

It's the XXL V30 with the resonance down to 30% and the 57 off axis, low cut to take out some of the extreme lows, then Studio EQ at 240 and 5000 hz, both down 7 db, then a parametric EQ with the frequency at 42, Q at 70, and gain at 40, then a mid focus EQ, both Q's at 50, high pass at 20, low pass at 65.

(Also boom if anyone was wondering the secret to how I EQ my patches.)

Electric Wizard

it's my first day
Reaction score
Found another 5150 clip;

So far these seem hit or miss, which I guess is to be expected. Both the soundcloud demos here sound awesome though.

Metalman X

The Resplendent Sub-Human
Reaction score
Were the old models given the bias, sag, resonance etc.?

Because if they were then picking up a hd is gonna be hard to resist.

No.

BUT the cab DEP's are in effect. So you do get more options in that respect.

Speaking of DEP's, love how they used those spots to simulate other functions on the GK RB model.... you get Master, Boost, and Contour, much more similar to what you find on most typical GK bass amps.

Also, for those wondering, the Ampeg models have mid, and a mid frequency knob, which will get you in into similar notches as the 5-way mid selector. Though it functions as a sweep so you can actually get in between those notches as well.

Alex Kenivel

Stunt Guitar
Reaction score
Got my hd500x yesterday and messed with it for only an hour or so and got a great high gain rhythm tone coming out of my PA without any extra packs.

Started building patches this morning for my bands songs so I can see how things add up next band practice

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
Got my hd500x yesterday and messed with it for only an hour or so and got a great high gain rhythm tone coming out of my PA without any extra packs.

Started building patches this morning for my bands songs so I can see how things add up next band practice

Are you referring to Meambobbo's guide while you do all that? His guide is especially helpful for picking out cab/mic combos.

Alex Kenivel

Stunt Guitar
Reaction score
I found a few good videos and I've read through Bobbo's guide front and back a few times before I even received my pod, which was probably responsible for getting a good tone quick. Things are sounding great on my 8.