This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ericjutsu

Reaction score
the big bottom sounded way better in xt/x3/pod farm. Maybe it's just the bad cabs in the HD series that makes it sound worse but that's kind of a bummer. Maybe just no one has made a good patch for it yet. Anyone want to upload a tone with the big bottom with a tubescreamer and treadplate cab with a 57 on axis?

HUGH JAYNUS

I’m a grown ass man
Reaction score
Ok. I am the proud owner of a slightly used POD HD Pro X and FBV Shortboard. Paid and waiting on arrival.

While I am waiting on it, what programs do i need to download. Going to look into the newest metal pack (dat 5150 though), and maybe some good free IRs if I hate the cab sims like most do.

Going to use it with Logic X and a Mac Mini

Thanks! I Appreciate the help

Reaction score
Ok. I am the proud owner of a slightly used POD HD Pro X and FBV Shortboard. Paid and waiting on arrival.

While I am waiting on it, what programs do i need to download. Going to look into the newest metal pack (dat 5150 though), and maybe some good free IRs if I hate the cab sims like most do.

Going to use it with Logic X and a Mac Mini

Thanks! I Appreciate the help

I think you're going to need the POD with you so you can create an account at Line 6 and add your POD's serial number. After that, get Line 6 Monkey and let it download everything you need (Drivers, Edit, New Firmware)

Pan3optic3on

Reaction score
Just got a used HD500, having used pod farm for many years it's pretty easy to dial a tone i like. One of the knobs (the preset knob?), goes out of place just a bit. I need to push it up, so i can change patches. Anyone has the same problem? Looks like it's because it was transported in a soft bag!

Try a recalibration. Unplug the pod, hold down the right arrow key, keep holding it and plug in the power cable. Wait for the line 6 logo to pass and you should go into the calibration settings. Select the item using the up/down arrow and press view to calibrate.

The options you should try is the encoders and buttons. Recalibrate all of those and make sure you go back to the menu. A "P" will show next to the items you have calibrated which means its passed the tests. An "F" means it has failed the test.

My Pod was ex-demo and I thought that one of my encoders was damaged because one of the dials wouldnt rotate values correctly. it turns out that when I had updated the firmware and because I hadnt done a recalibration all the buttons and dials were still set to the previous firmware.

This might solve your problem, otherwise it is probably mechanical in which case it needs to be fixed and that might cost you a pretty penny, unless you can tolerate it.

If it solves your problem Id do a full firmware reflash, global reset and reconfig to start a complete refresh.

In my case I reinstalled the very first firmware, went through all the reset options then put on the latest one and reset. I noticed a big difference in functionality and tone straight away.

mnemonic

Custom User Title
Reaction score
the big bottom sounded way better in xt/x3/pod farm. Maybe it's just the bad cabs in the HD series that makes it sound worse but that's kind of a bummer. Maybe just no one has made a good patch for it yet. Anyone want to upload a tone with the big bottom with a tubescreamer and treadplate cab with a 57 on axis?

Its really easy to get a terrible tone out of the Big Bottom model. Especially if most HD500 users never used an XT/X3, and don't have previous experience with it. It will probably take some time for most to get used to how the EQ reacts.

Assuming the Big Bottom still reacts the same way it does on the XT/X3/PodFarm, the trick is to turn the Mids to 10, Treble to 0, and use Presence to control brightness.

I disagree with the labels on the controls vs. what they actually do.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
Its really easy to get a terrible tone out of the Big Bottom model. Especially if most HD500 users never used an XT/X3, and don't have previous experience with it. It will probably take some time for most to get used to how the EQ reacts.

Assuming the Big Bottom still reacts the same way it does on the XT/X3/PodFarm, the trick is to turn the Mids to 10, Treble to 0, and use Presence to control brightness.

I disagree with the labels on the controls vs. what they actually do.

Dialing in a good tone on the x3 stuff is a science but once you learn the idiosyncrasies it's a lot easier. And the big bottom is nice but it's actually like 7th or 8th on a list of my favorite models on the unit.

Alice AKW

Wolf Ninja
Reaction score

Ron-Paul_Its-Happening1.gif

Poltergeist

Reaction score
Updates and installs all went smooth for my POD HD 500... Only problem I found so far is that the D.E.P are not showing their percentage values on the new Amp Models. Just thought I'd let you guys know. Hope they release another update soon to fix this...

Alice AKW

Wolf Ninja
Reaction score
Not only that, but it seems the global EQ isn't applied when you record via usb..? Am I doing something wrong here? It's a real downer if the main way I record isn't affected by the biggest thing I was excited for.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
Updates and installs all went smooth for my POD HD 500... Only problem I found so far is that the D.E.P are not showing their percentage values on the new Amp Models. Just thought I'd let you guys know. Hope they release another update soon to fix this...

DEPs don't apply to the pod farm models. The three new "hd" models should though.

cfrank

Reaction score
The options you should try is the encoders and buttons. Recalibrate all of those and make sure you go back to the menu. A "P" will show next to the items you have calibrated which means its passed the tests. An "F" means it has failed the test.

I opened it up and the switch was loose! Also, the mainboard had some liquid stains, so i cleaned it up and now it's pretty much brand new. Going to recalibrate to check if everything is as it should!

Pan3optic3on

Reaction score
I opened it up and the switch was loose! Also, the mainboard had some liquid stains, so i cleaned it up and now it's pretty much brand new. Going to recalibrate to check if everything is as it should!

Mmm, sounds like its been gigged pretty hard. I think I'd be worried about using my HD500 live as it does have some delicate parts. That switch may have been stepped on hard with wet shoes and has found its way in the the pod.

If it passes the calibration I can't see there would be any need to have it fixed unless its giving you real problems.

Pan3optic3on

Reaction score
Ive just updated to 2.6 on my HD500. I haven't bought the metal pack yet but I've been messing around with the global EQ and I have to say I'm quite impressed with it so far. Some of the other amps I don't normally use like the AC-30 actually sound good and the Plexi sounds lush. The EQ feels and sounds consistent when shifting through presets. Ive only had an hour an a half to experiment but the EQ didn't need drastic adjustments to cut out the mud and add shape to the sound.

Personally I noticed a tonal difference before I made any EQ adjustments but maybe that's just me.

JEngelking

Gravity is Shifting!
Reaction score
Not only that, but it seems the global EQ isn't applied when you record via usb..? Am I doing something wrong here? It's a real downer if the main way I record isn't affected by the biggest thing I was excited for.

Just updated the firmware and flash memory on my HD Pro; I unfortunately don't know what's causing that for you, but I hope all works out as I agree that would be quite a downer. Maybe it's a bug to be patched?

As far as my own dabbling around goes, would one go about doing a global low pass at ~5k by using the "high cut" in the global EQ, and setting the frequency to whatever frequency below which you want to hear frequencies?

Alice AKW

Wolf Ninja
Reaction score
Just updated the firmware and flash memory on my HD Pro; I unfortunately don't know what's causing that for you, but I hope all works out as I agree that would be quite a downer. Maybe it's a bug to be patched?

As far as my own dabbling around goes, would one go about doing a global low pass at ~5k by using the "high cut" in the global EQ, and setting the frequency to whatever frequency below which you want to hear frequencies?

I asked on the Line 6 forum, and apparently there were never plans to have it affect the USB output.

Igloo, what the fvck!? :lol:

And yes indeed, the frequency you see on there is where the roloff will start

JEngelking

Gravity is Shifting!
Reaction score
I asked on the Line 6 forum, and apparently there were never plans to have it affect the USB output.

Igloo, what the fvck!? :lol:

And yes indeed, the frequency you see on there is where the roloff will start

Yep, I got it figured out and just found that out as well unfortunately. :(